Weekend Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Projects

Not that this is in the same league as some of the other posted projects here.

Here are 3 fire rings I did for a customer this weekend.
    12 ga. HR cut with Miller 2050 on PlasmaCam table, welded with Miller 210.

sstec
    Attached Files

Cool, do you do custom cutting with your Plasma Cam? all i could afford was the Plasma Cam video. I need some SS letters cut for my tombstone project, just thinking ahead, not that i plan on going anywhere quick...Bob
    Bob Wright

Comment

custom cutting

Thats just about all I do..........
      What do you need???
      Let me know, will work someting out.......quick or not....LOL
      sstec

Comment

Nice job sstec,

I may need something cut also, where about's in AZ. are you? I'll be out there in a couple of weeks for a welding job my brother has lined up. He lives on E. Cannon in Phoenix.

Pete

Comment

where?

I'm out east of Mesa, on Hwy 60 out at the base of the Superstiton Mountains, in Gold Canyon.
          Let me know what you need.
          sstec

Comment

very nice job, sure is amazing what them new machines and an imaginative fabricator can create.
            hre

Comment

Those are very, very cool ... got to be a market for that stuff ... nice job
              Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
              Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
              Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
              Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Nice work for sure! Those look great. There is a big market for that kind of stuff out here. Sometimes I wish I got to do more creative things like that. Thanks for posting the picture.
                Dynasty 350DX
                Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
                MM 350P
                MM Passport Plus
                Spectrum 375 Extreme
                08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

What size of kerf do you get with the Miller unit at 40 amps?
                  The reason I ask,I used one by had and it seemed good.
                  The Hypertherm standard model consumables has a huge
                  kerf compared the Thermal Dynamics. I just wonder how
                  the Hypertherm torch with Miller consumables do on a
                  machine. Nice work, I will have to use some of your ideas
                  on my table.

Comment

don't sell your self short, thats some dam fine work. plasma shore is fun to cut with, i don't have a fancy table and comp. like you do all my stuff is hand cut. although i think it might be more fun hand cutting, but it shore is not as nice as what you do, or as fast( making it hard to $$$ within selling range. where do you get the designs from?? i been wanting some small animals for some other stuff i been thinking about making.

great work
                    thanks for the help
                    ......or..........
                    hope i helped
                    sigpic
                    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                    JAMES

Comment

Kerf size

Originally posted by Scott V
                      What size of kerf do you get with the Miller unit at 40 amps?
                      The reason I ask,I used one by had and it seemed good.
                      The Hypertherm standard model consumables has a huge
                      kerf compared the Thermal Dynamics. I just wonder how
                      the Hypertherm torch with Miller consumables do on a
                      machine. Nice work, I will have to use some of your ideas
                      on my table.
                      On my 2050 at 40 - 45 amps , new nozzle and electrode I start out at .040 then open up to .045 after 1500" of cut.
                      I've been getting 300 - 500 pierces and upto 5000" of cut per set.
                      My 375 runs about .030 at 25 amps.
                      Be careful on using miller consumables in a hypertherm or vise versa.
                      When hypertherm came out with their "fine cut" consumables I tried them in my 375 and they will not work. Others have said the same on the 2050.

Fun,
                      I use alot of different designs, some are clip art, pictures imported and others are my own drawings. EZART has a bunch of good stuff. check Ebay for designs as well.
                      If you just need a pattern to hand cut with you won't need the high resolution(high priced) stuff.

If you see something you want, let me know, if I have it, I'll send you a copy.

sstec

Comment

I start to drool every time I see these plasmacam projects posted I WANT ONE just got there new catalog in the mail had to put on a bib before I looked at it

Comment

sstec

Originally posted by sstec
                          Not that this is in the same league as some of the other posted projects here.

Here are 3 fire rings I did for a customer this weekend.
                          12 ga. HR cut with Miller 2050 on PlasmaCam table, welded with Miller 210.

sstec
                          Superb!!!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!Your rite,,,your not in our league,,,,Jack

Comment

would i look under ezart or what to find the pic's??
                            i don't want any thing special just a few animals, i have been using my sons coloring book and converting the pic over to one that will cut out ok.just the basics deer, bear, Mose and a tree or too.
                            have you got some thing like that i could print out and cut???
                            thanks for the help
                            ......or..........
                            hope i helped
                            sigpic
                            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                            JAMES

Comment

Fun

I'll send you some animals and a couple trees I have drawn.

Here is the link to EZART
                              http://www.ezart.com/

Shoot me your e-mail address.

sstec

Comment

Working...
                              X