Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny
    replied
    I've got one and couldn't be happier. It runs great off of 110v and you still have the option of using 220v if needed. Its also very easy to move around and not having to lug a sperate tank is great also. It costs more up front that a regular 110 mig, but you got a whole lot more welder.
    Manny

Leave a comment:

• bperrybap
    replied
    I've got one and absolutely love it. I haven't seen anything
    else that offers the portability and flexibility of the passport.
    I bought it because I currently am very space limited
    and it's portability allows me to set it up easily in different
    locations and not have to worry or mess with lugging
    a gas cylinder around. Plug it in and its ready to go.
    CO2 refills and extra painball tanks are cheap.
    I can get refills at the local
    paintball shops around here for under $3 and extra tanks
    run $12-15.

The inverter technology will not be as suseptable to
    line voltages and allows you to run smaller cheaper
    extension cords as some of the non-inverter models.

You do pay dearly for the convienience and capabilities though.

--- bill

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Originally posted by PyroWelder
    I want to get something now thats not to complicated but I can soon take advantage of all it has to offer.
    Then the Passport will most certainly fit that bill if it fits your budget. Get a cylinder of CO2 as well for GMAW. The machine is well designed for that gas, plus it lasts longer and is cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• PyroWelder
    replied
    Well I'm only 16. So my projects won't be very big. This summer I plan to build a little go cart to ride around. I would also be making little metal projects for my family i.e rod iron fences and other small jobs. I also want the features to grow into. So I want to get something now thats not to complicated but I can soon take advantage of all it has to offer.
    Thanks.
    Erik

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    No question.

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    If you truly are limited to 120V, you may be just as well off with the cheaper units like a HH140

With gas and on 120 volt the passport is twice the machine of a HH-140.
    The 140 is a sweet little welder but not in the same league on the top end
    120 volt output.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Well, it's an awesome welder to be sure. But what exactly is it that you plan on fixing or fabricating?

It's going to have a more limited output when used on 120V. If you truly are limited to 120V, you may be just as well off with the cheaper units like a HH140, or for only $327 shipped a reconditioned HH135 from places like www.toolking.com

But the Passport will be one sweet machine if you can afford it and make use of its top-end features. Tell us more about what you want to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• PyroWelder
    started a topic MM Pasport?

MM Pasport?

I'm posting here because all the time I've spent reading this I've learning more about welding then I have in my welding class at school. The teacher is bogus.

I was looking to invest in a MIG welder. I have a old Lincold Stick welder out in the garage with a 240 hookup. I was looking at the MM Passport because its portable. I want to be able to take the welder out to the deer lease and my granddads farm to do some work. I know out there isn't any 240 hookups, and I don't want anything too big that I'll have to lug around. I also want to do some fabrication in my garage. I was wondering if this was a good choice or if I should just suck it up and lug around the big welder.
    Any other suggestions and comment would help alot.
    Thx
    Erik
Working...
X