TA185TSW accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TA185TSW accessories

I'm getting really close to ordering a TA 185TSW. I'm curious what type of tungsten and other accessories come with the unit. I am planning on using it primarily to learn (and hopefully master) stick and tig welding skills.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    SolidWorks Premium
    SolidWorks Simulation Pro
    MM210 w/3035
    TA185TSW
    DG Piranha II
    Sharpie Deluxe
    Stars & Stripes BWE
    Blue Optrel Satellite

You'll get a CK-17 TIG torch, a consumables kit with 3 - sizes of collets and bodies and 3 pieces of Zirconated tungsten - .040, 3/32 and 1/8, and 3 alumina cups, a foot pedal (which I didn't particularly like), a SMAW stinger and a work lead, and a flowgauge. Everything you need to start welding comes in the boxes!

You will be a happy camper!

Hank
    ...from the Gadget Garage
    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
    Handler 210 w/DP3035
    TA185TSW
    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

Originally posted by hankj
      You'll get a CK-17 TIG torch, a consumables kit with 3 - sizes of collets and bodies and 3 pieces of Zirconated tungsten - .040, 3/32 and 1/8, and 3 alumina cups, a foot pedal (which I didn't particularly like), a SMAW stinger and a work lead, and a flowgauge. Everything you need to start welding comes in the boxes!

You will be a happy camper!

Hank
      Hank,

Funny mine came with Thoriated (Red) tungsten? Must have changed between the time you bought yours and I bought mine. What don't you like about the foot petal, and if it's a problem maybe it would be better to make a button and use the slope feature, I find myself using the button about half the time now since Scott fixed me up.

Katiebo,

I suggest that you get some Lanthanated, either 1.5%, or 2.0% (my personal favorite), or some 2% Ceriated. You might also concider getting a gas lens setup for 1/16" and 3/32", much nicer to use IMO.
      Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
      Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
      Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
      Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

This is probably a dumb question, but are parts like gas lens', collets, collet bodies, cups etc.. torch specific? I would think they would be but want to make certain.
        SolidWorks Premium
        MM210 w/3035
        TA185TSW
        DG Piranha II
        Sharpie Deluxe
        Stars & Stripes BWE
        Blue Optrel Satellite

Comment

if you tell them what torch you have when you order you will be OK if you already have a 150amp torch odds are the parts will swoop out.

most are interchangeable withing its same amp's rating.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

[QUOTE=Sundown]Hank,

Funny mine came with Thoriated (Red) tungsten?

Mine too, yes it did! I can't seem to remember much any more.......

Hank
            ...from the Gadget Garage
            Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
            Handler 210 w/DP3035
            TA185TSW
            Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

Originally posted by katiebo
              This is probably a dumb question, but are parts like gas lens', collets, collet bodies, cups etc.. torch specific? I would think they would be but want to make certain.
              Just buy them for a #17 torch, thats what will come with the machine, you can also order them from the #3 series chart. This CK chart www.ckworldwide.com/3series.pdf will give you all the standard numbers. The cheapest place I have found, and the place I use is www.weldingsupply.com Use the search field and just type in the number for the part you need and it will come up. I use these guys for lots of stuff.
              Regards, George

Comment

[QUOTE=hankj]
                Originally posted by Sundown
                Hank,

Funny mine came with Thoriated (Red) tungsten?

Mine too, yes it did! I can't seem to remember much any more.......

Hank
                Maybe the radio waves in those got ya You wern't using them as chopsticks for your china food, were you ...
                Regards, George

Comment

Please bear with the next dumb question(s). What is a gas lens? What does it do? I have taken apart the torches at the local community college and I don't think there was one on any og there setups.
                  SolidWorks Premium
                  MM210 w/3035
                  TA185TSW
                  DG Piranha II
                  Sharpie Deluxe
                  Stars & Stripes BWE
                  Blue Optrel Satellite

Comment

it is smiler to a standard cup only it has a screen in it that helps make a better gas flow, so you get better coverage and use less gas.
                    thanks for the help
                    ......or..........
                    hope i helped
                    sigpic
                    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                    JAMES

Comment

here is a pic of the gas lens parts, smiler but a lil different is the best way to describe it. these are from CK for the #17 torch you will be getting. i got these when i was about to get a dyn200DX. instead of the ceramic cup you would use the clear ones and the lil screen you see there helps to stabilize the flow allowing for more coverage with less gas. i hope that covers it.
                      Attached Files
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      JAMES

Comment

I think that about covers it for now. Thanks to all for the assistance. I will post a pic when I receive the new toy!!
                        SolidWorks Premium
                        MM210 w/3035
                        TA185TSW
                        DG Piranha II
                        Sharpie Deluxe
                        Stars & Stripes BWE
                        Blue Optrel Satellite

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now
                          here is a pic of the gas lens parts, smiler but a lil different is the best way to describe it. these are from CK for the #17 torch you will be getting. i got these when i was about to get a dyn200DX. instead of the ceramic cup you would use the clear ones and the lil screen you see there helps to stabilize the flow allowing for more coverage with less gas. i hope that covers it.
                          Close, here is a picture of the different setups, the CK gas setup (the one you have), a normal setup, and a regular gas lens setup. Picture is worth a thousand words.
                          Attached Files
                          Regards, George

Comment

Working...
                          X