WHY, can't I leave things alone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHY, can't I leave things alone ?

I was offered such a good deal on a cub cadet & when I saw the built in cup holder I had to have it.Well, in one week I had started jacking with it.I always seem to be doing this to things I buy.Does anyone know of a cure for this or is it hopeless ? And please don't laugh at the welds.
    thanks
    gregg
    Attached Files

What Model Did You Get?

I bought a last year model 1046 and love it. With the Kohler v-twin, it's like i'm riding a harley-davidson inspired mower!!
    Mike. R

Dynasty 300dx tig runner w/ 3 torch Versa-Tig torch changer {wt-20f, wt-24f, mt-125}
    MM 251/30a/4015 roughneck
    Miller portable spot welder
    Inferno >>> Big Window Elite

Comment

Mike,
      I got a 05 1042.My yard isnt all that big really but I got such a deal.I can relate to the harley mower thing.
      gregg

Comment

If you think you are riding a harley with that then you need to get you one of these.
        Attached Files

Comment

there is no cure, i have had that problem for years. i added the bumper right after i watched the black widow OCC show. it looked so easy i had to try it LOL

great looking upgrade ya did there, just learn to live with the disease, there is no known cure as of yet.
          Attached Files
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by yardman1
            If you think you are riding a harley with that then you need to get you one of these.
            Yeah, the ape-hangers are cool...

Comment

check this one out. I seen it on the net.
              Attached Files
              Joe
              [email protected]

Comment

OH GREAT now i gota start another project.

thats prity cool.
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                JAMES

Comment

come to think of it the extra suspension that would give would help my back problems, i got over 3 acres to mow.
                  thanks for the help
                  ......or..........
                  hope i helped
                  sigpic
                  JAMES

Comment

yup, definitely you are bitten by the bug and are now "past the point of no return" On ours, we beefed the frame, added 400lbs of weight over the rear (plates and calcium in the tires), chains on the rears, plumbed and installed hydraulics with an electric clutched hyd pump and put a plow on the front and we built a hydraulic dumping wagon good for about 1000lbs with a pivot hitch and quick-catch tailgate, plus some extra flood lights on the hood and rear red tail lights, and I'm sure there's stuff I'm missing
                    hre

Comment

Coalsmoke

i see you too have it LOL.

i suppose it just comes with the ability to do it, if ya can why not, after all who really wants to be ummmm normal
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      JAMES

Comment

Spoolup89,

While I applaud the workmanship, I'm pretty sure that the intent of those little yard tractors is to miss the trees? And, I have to wonder what in the world you would need a hitch like that one for? I suppose one could jockey a boat trailer with it.......

Alas, there is no cure for the disease! As long as one has scrap around, things tend to get stuck on other things!

My next yard muncher is definitely going to be one of the Z-turn types. I get tired of trying to bend that Toro around obstacles! Yardman, how does a zero-turn like uneven terrain? My property is by no means level, and the dogs keep trying to mine the gophers, so there always seems to be a new hole to run over each time I mow!

Hank

Hank
                        ...from the Gadget Garage
                        Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
                        Handler 210 w/DP3035
                        TA185TSW
                        Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

Hank,

I have a Toro Z with a vacuum and thatching rack for our place upnorth, big hill and very uneven terrain. It's much more stable than my New Holland tractor is.. Plus, for cutting grass which is pretty much all the Z is made for I don't know of any other design mowers that are as quick as zero turns for cutting the lawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackplague
                            I bought a last year model 1046 and love it. With the Kohler v-twin, it's like i'm riding a harley-davidson inspired mower!!
                            Better invest is Loctite for things that fall off from the vibes.
                            It could be bad with blades spinning.

Comment

Originally posted by pgk
                              Hank,

I have a Toro Z with a vacuum and thatching rack for our place upnorth, big hill and very uneven terrain. It's much more stable than my New Holland tractor is.. Plus, for cutting grass which is pretty much all the Z is made for I don't know of any other design mowers that are as quick as zero turns for cutting the lawn.
                              Pete,

Thanks for the info. I may have to visit my Toro guy soon. I run a 266H Wheelhorse with a 38" deck, and I have to maneuver around a lot of oak trees. I mow 2.5 acres regularly, and this time of year all that needs to happen for the mix of grass and weed to pop up 3" is for the sun to come out for 4-hours or so! Until irrigation season (and the drier weather) get here near the end of May, I have to mow once a week! Seems like pulling those handles would be a lot less tiring than twisting that wheel!

I'll even pay extra for the beverage holder.....

Hank
                              ...from the Gadget Garage
                              Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
                              Handler 210 w/DP3035
                              TA185TSW
                              Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

Working...
                              X