Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailshaft56
    replied
    I guess you could try lift arc to rule out the HF section. It might be a good idea to call tig support at Miller.

Leave a comment:

• Firey
    replied
    Re

I had the same problem with my 350sync it ended up that the points were pitted after I changed them the problem was corrected.

PS this was happening on AC mode. "Good luck"

Leave a comment:

• Drag Racer
    replied
    I didn't try AC, I will try AC tonight and see if it is the same.

Leave a comment:

• Tailshaft56
    replied
    Does it weld ok in ac mode. If so a bad diode is a definate possibility.

Leave a comment:

• Drag Racer
    replied
    It was definitely in DC negative electrode, that was the first thing I checked.

Leave a comment:

• Tailshaft56
    replied
    melting the tungsten is a characteristic of wrong polarity. Barring that could be a bad diode leaking ac.

Leave a comment:

• Drag Racer
    replied
    We tried a new tungsten, even a new torch with a new tungsten. One thing I forgot was that we had to keep the amps down at 25 amps or less, any more it would melt the tungsten. The machine was set on DC with a 1/8" tungsten, and anything higher than 25 amps would melt the tungsten.

Leave a comment:

• Buzz Job
    replied
    Put known tungsten in it as previously posted before trying to diagnose further.

Leave a comment:

• Drag Racer
    replied
    We tried all the little things, it is definitely a machine problem. I weld with a Syncrowave 250 at work. I have a couple thousand hours experience with the Syncrowave 250 but we have never had one do this.

Leave a comment:

• bvweld
    replied
    Originally posted by Drag Racer
    My friend has a Syncrowave 250 that's having problems, It has a very unstable arc, the arc seems to go everywhere at the same time, like it has 4 or 5 wandering arcs. This is an older machine (80's?) with a Miller water cooler. Any ideas what the problem could be?
    Try changing the tungsten first. You didn't mention if the problem was on AC or DC or both.

Leave a comment:

• Drag Racer
    started a topic Syncrowave 250 with unstable arc

Syncrowave 250 with unstable arc

My friend has a Syncrowave 250 that's having problems, It has a very unstable arc, the arc seems to go everywhere at the same time, like it has 4 or 5 wandering arcs. This is an older machine (80's?) with a Miller water cooler. Any ideas what the problem could be?
Working...
X