Hi folks...water cooled torch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi folks...water cooled torch question

New here and a hobby welder for a while. I'm a Blue guy and am looking to upgrade the torch for my Dynasty 200DX to water cooled. I only want Miller components, obviously a cooler, a minimum 200amp torch and a 25' work lead. Does anyone know the choices and or options? I searched the Miller site and couldn't figure it out. The local Miller rep isn't in my area often enough or at convienent times so maybe you folks can help me out. Thanks in advance, P

ITW bought weldcraft, so they're now "miller" torches (they also made the diamondback line for miller - since miller has never made their own tig torches in-house IIRC). Lots of folks like the CK torches as well, but they're not "miller".

I'm curious why you limit yourself with that mentality though?

Tweeco and Binzel make better mig guns than miller. Aren't you interested in getting the better gear vs some kind of ridiculous brand loyalty?
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

If you want other then Miller check this guy out great service and free shipping! http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.co...LER-KIT/Detail good luck in your tig task!

Comment

I hear you

But it's a TIG torch and I usually just prefer to keep all of my stuff the same. I'm a hobby welder and don't know if I could tell the difference between a good one and a better one but I'm open to suggestions if the difference is significant. So, I'll be open to anything anyone has to offer. The only requirements then are water cooled, 200 amp minimum and a 25' lead.

Comment

I think the best, most usefull welding torch is

The weldcraft WP-20. It's small, easy to hold and manipulate. Now that weldcraft is under the ITW banner, it's just like having a miller torch. Just but a Blue cable protector over the hoses and no one will know the difference.
          Mike. R

Dynasty 300dx tig runner w/ 3 torch Versa-Tig torch changer {wt-20f, wt-24f, mt-125}
          MM 251/30a/4015 roughneck
          Miller portable spot welder
          Inferno >>> Big Window Elite

Comment

Get the superflex cables too. I got one (weldcraft wp20) around Christmas and love it.
            Syncrowave 250DX
            Invison 354MP
            XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
            Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
            Smith O/A rig
            And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

When you click on a product in the Miller website, on the left side it says product information, click on accessories.
              http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...ccessories.php
              To all who contribute to this board.
              My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
              Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
              Miller Syncrowave 250
              Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

Hey

Great, I wonder why I couldn't find that, now at least I see the coolers and I'll look into that torch you suggest. Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Superflex cables huh........sounds nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishy Jim
                  Get the superflex cables too. I got one (weldcraft wp20) around Christmas and love it.
                  I did too and ditto.

Comment

I like the CK 200 flex head with superflex cables.

Comment

Working...
                    X