X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun4now
    replied
    thanks guys.
    i wish i didn't have the time to do it, trust me its no fun being broken and broke LOL.
    the cool part is as said above the wife and i got to both work on it and it ended up only being like $55 well that is mostly because the steel is all recycled from the thrown away racks i made the shop out of so i only had to buy the material for the cover, the wheels, spring, nuts and bolts, and paint. the car seat was left over from when my other son used it 2 years ago. if i had to buy all the stuff for it it would have been cheaper to buy one at walmart , not as much fun though.

Leave a comment:

• Coalsmoke
    replied
    Originally posted by hurricunning
    By the time I got finished a project like that the kid would be pulling me around in it!
    Nice job
    hahahaaha, naw, you'd just have to get yourself an ox and make a cart for yourself. Wife can ride the ox and you and baby behind, you'd even be good for the High Occupancy Vehicle lanes

Leave a comment:

• hurricunning
    replied
    By the time I got finished a project like that the kid would be pulling me around in it!
    Nice job

Leave a comment:

• FoxPerformance
    replied
    Holy Smokes, you've gone completly overboard. Did you bump your head?

just kidding, that's awesome, every last detail!

You make me sad in knowing that I wish I had the extra time in my life to make something like that.

Really though that thing is great!

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    there is a flip out cup holder on one side and snack spot about the size of a ash try for crackers on the other side built into the car seat i used.
    .. there is also enough room in front of his seat on the cart floor for the diaper bag, for longer trips.

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    Just wondering if you incorperated a bottle holder into the design for the kid, thats always been an accessory of desire for me.

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    fun4now,

Very nice job.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    Great how you made it a project you and the wife could both have part in.

she wont let me touch her sewing machines LOL
    probably best that way.

Leave a comment:

• gnewby
    replied
    Great looking project, that little one is going to like it so well you may be so busy bike riding you might not be able to do much else for awhile. Great how you made it a project you and the wife could both have part in.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    and the last few

09 front clear flap down
    10 front clear flap up
    12 front with whole front up
    13 inside close up with front up
    14 shows the front about to be snapped at back

well it was great fun making the baby cart, but now we can really enjoy it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    finished at last

Well the wife finished the sewing part and I got it installed. We went with a cameo net for screen windows to provide some shading for the baby and to look cool against the bright orange. I used small ½” long 1/8” Philips screws to hold the fabric to the frame so I could remove it to wash it as needed, I first installed ¼” bras grommets so the fabric wouldn’t try to rip at the screw holes and to make it all go back together easier. Yep that took a wile and was no fun at all, but will be worth it in the long run and I hate doing things ½ azzed so it had to be done right any way. There is a Velcro strip running all the way along the curved top edge of the sides to hold the top in place, as well as a pole threw the top at the center flap opening to keep the sides solid and to allow me to hang toys for the baby to play with. The top part is screwed in place at the back and is Velcro down the sides then snapped to the frame in the front bottom, those snaps are double sided so I can leave the front open and snap the front bottom part to the top back rail to keep it in place wile riding if I want it open. All the windows have a thick clear plastic sheet that can be rolled up and snapped in the up position or rolled down and snapped in the down position should it get too windy or start to rain wile we are out. Although it took a lot longer to do than it did to plan I think I covered all the needs to make this a very functional cart. The wife and I are very pleased with the final product and expect to get lots of use out of it ( whether I like it or not LOL).

So here is the run down on the final pic’s
    Pic’s
    01 is the sewn cover without any snaps and stuff as I got it from the wife.
    02 is showing the cameo is see threw as it is hard to tell after assembly as it was dark.
    06 shows the bras grommet and screws
    07 is the side with clear flap down
    08 is side clear flap snapped in the rolled up position
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    the chain noise is not a big deal now that i am shore of what it is, it just threw me for a loop at first.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    i don't know what the spring is for??? they have a hole wall of springs at the TSC so i found one i liked that was strong enough but still flexed enough and got it. i think it was like $3.50 ish.

the family really likes doing stuff together, you would think with me not working we would have more time to do so, but with me not working i cant afford to have any thing fixed so I'm always fixing or making some thing to keep the family afloat. spent 2 days digging up bushes off the side of the road to replant around the yard for a hedge, although truth be told i never would have spent the $450 to buy them even if i was working. one of the pluses of living in the country, lots of stray plants.

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    Good looking crew, they will probably remember this the rest of their lives.
    I was wondering what the spring is off of ? You might be able to put shrink tube on the chain to keep it from rattleing.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    just for giggles I'm adding a few pic's of the riders. after all they helped with the build even if one of them just helped by checking the fit.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X