No announcement yet.

baby cart for bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep small wheel was figured into the design, i went with 10" wheels to kinda get me in the middle of lil VS big wile still allowing for enough wheel for off road, with a low air pres her it should also be a soft rid on the lil one. 5 years ago i bought a store made one for my older son it only had like 12" skinny wheels witch was ok in the city where i lived at the time but out here i need a lil wider wheel. it should give me an essayer pull in the soft stuff and an ok pull on the road.if you saw my welding cart you should remember i used 4"X8" wheels for that to be able to get around the yard.
    ...the wife is about 1/2 way done with the sewing part so if i made the pattern right i should have it together on schedule for this weekend. i put the paint on today and will add a couple coats of clear tomorrow so the frame will be ready for fabric day after tomorrow.i also disconnected the tung and added a connection point closer to the cart that i will bolt in place for pulling but will allow me to take the tung off for storing. soon we can give it a test drive, with 24 gears i should be able to find one for any situation.
    Coalsmoke
    It is amazing that you can buy that much bike for the price of a tank of gas.
    .. the only problem i got with getting that much bike for the price of a tank of gas is the fact that a tank of gas is $100 all though i think some one at walmart might have screwed up in marking it down as a discontinued item as i saw today the same bike still marked $289.00 oh well there mistake is my gain, I'm not going to tell if you don't LOL

well here is the painted frame pic, as much as i like miller blue i thought bright yellow was a better choice for this one, add bright orange canvas and it should stand out nicely.
    Attached Files
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

Fishy Jim

thanks for the offer, let me give these a try first, ill let ya know.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

Thanks for showing the closeup photos of the hookup connection, looks like a well thought out plan.

Comment

They're 16" aluminum. Just let me know. If postage is under $5 I'll just send `em.
          Attached Files
          Syncrowave 250DX
          Invison 354MP
          XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
          Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
          Smith O/A rig
          And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

thanks i sent you my address by e-mail, if ya don't get it pop me a line at [email protected]
            thanks James
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            JAMES

Comment

James, if you keep adding on to that project, you're going to need a parade permit just to go riding. Good job.

Kelly

Comment

LOL no kidding. i pulled the added attachment for the older son and just started working with him more on his ridding. its my fault he isn't up to speed on bike's as i put him on a 90CC quad at 4 years old instead of a trike/bike so now its a step back to bike basics. he is catching on real quick and is road Worthy already.
                .so its just the baby for behind me now. i finished up the paint today so I'll start reassembly tomorrow and we will see how soon mom can get the skin ready.
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                JAMES

Comment

I've been kind of buisy lately but dont know how I missed this thread. Pretty cool project. I like the spring action.
                  To all who contribute to this board.
                  My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
                  Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
                  Miller Syncrowave 250
                  Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

it was suggested that the welding of the spring could make it brittle wile it seems fine i think i will be adding a small back up chain just encase of a failure, kinda like the chain on any trailer, cant hurt to be safe.
                    thanks for the help
                    ......or..........
                    hope i helped
                    sigpic
                    JAMES

Comment

well i added the safety chain (close up pic is #4) and reassembled the painted frame. pic #2 is the side without fabric, pic#3 is front no fabric, pic #7 is with the fabric on the sides, and pic#9 is with seat in.
                      .. keep in mind this is just a pre-fit test for the fabric we still need to add windows and flaps to cover the windows should it start raining. also still haven't put on the back, top, and front but she is almost done with the sewing. it takes her a wile to get anything done as she still has to deal with a 7 month old and a 6 1/2 year old driving her crazy, and thats not even counting how much i bug her all the time.
                      the paint came out purity good and i was lucky enough to find a coated chain in yellow, so wile it looks like plastic it really is chain. rated for 560 lbs working load so it should work fine as a back up. now i just got to get used to the rattling noise that it makes i kept trying to figure out what that funny noise was. i kept checking the front shocks as it really sounded as if it was coming from the front of the bike.
                      Attached Files
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      JAMES

Comment

just for giggles I'm adding a few pic's of the riders. after all they helped with the build even if one of them just helped by checking the fit.
                        Attached Files
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        JAMES

Comment

Good looking crew, they will probably remember this the rest of their lives.
                          I was wondering what the spring is off of ? You might be able to put shrink tube on the chain to keep it from rattleing.
                          To all who contribute to this board.
                          My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
                          Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
                          Miller Syncrowave 250
                          Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

i don't know what the spring is for??? they have a hole wall of springs at the TSC so i found one i liked that was strong enough but still flexed enough and got it. i think it was like $3.50 ish.

the family really likes doing stuff together, you would think with me not working we would have more time to do so, but with me not working i cant afford to have any thing fixed so I'm always fixing or making some thing to keep the family afloat. spent 2 days digging up bushes off the side of the road to replant around the yard for a hedge, although truth be told i never would have spent the $450 to buy them even if i was working. one of the pluses of living in the country, lots of stray plants.
                            thanks for the help
                            ......or..........
                            hope i helped
                            sigpic
                            JAMES

Comment

the chain noise is not a big deal now that i am shore of what it is, it just threw me for a loop at first.
                              thanks for the help
                              ......or..........
                              hope i helped
                              sigpic
                              JAMES

Comment

finished at last

Well the wife finished the sewing part and I got it installed. We went with a cameo net for screen windows to provide some shading for the baby and to look cool against the bright orange. I used small ½” long 1/8” Philips screws to hold the fabric to the frame so I could remove it to wash it as needed, I first installed ¼” bras grommets so the fabric wouldn’t try to rip at the screw holes and to make it all go back together easier. Yep that took a wile and was no fun at all, but will be worth it in the long run and I hate doing things ½ azzed so it had to be done right any way. There is a Velcro strip running all the way along the curved top edge of the sides to hold the top in place, as well as a pole threw the top at the center flap opening to keep the sides solid and to allow me to hang toys for the baby to play with. The top part is screwed in place at the back and is Velcro down the sides then snapped to the frame in the front bottom, those snaps are double sided so I can leave the front open and snap the front bottom part to the top back rail to keep it in place wile riding if I want it open. All the windows have a thick clear plastic sheet that can be rolled up and snapped in the up position or rolled down and snapped in the down position should it get too windy or start to rain wile we are out. Although it took a lot longer to do than it did to plan I think I covered all the needs to make this a very functional cart. The wife and I are very pleased with the final product and expect to get lots of use out of it ( whether I like it or not LOL).

So here is the run down on the final pic’s
                                Pic’s
                                01 is the sewn cover without any snaps and stuff as I got it from the wife.
                                02 is showing the cameo is see threw as it is hard to tell after assembly as it was dark.
                                06 shows the bras grommet and screws
                                07 is the side with clear flap down
                                08 is side clear flap snapped in the rolled up position
                                Attached Files
                                thanks for the help
                                ......or..........
                                hope i helped
                                sigpic
                                JAMES

Comment

Working...
                                X