Which Tig to keep???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Tig to keep???

I just bought a new 250dX Syncrowave Tig runner with pulser out of the newspaper with two new large bottles and a new 2050 plasma cutter with cart and cover all for $4,000. I presently own a nearly new 250 Syncrowave tig runner (used about 5 hours, looks new) and I'm going to sell one of them but I not sure what the really differances are between them, does the newer 250dx work very much better then the older 250's? Any body have any ideas on which one to keep?

Thanks-Dan

I don't own either but I believe the DX on the model means it has a couple of cool features. I looked at the Millerwelds product page and the 250 is no longer on there just the 250DX. I would personally keep the DX just incase one day you want the FEATURES the DX has and its newer one anyway.
    Joe
    [email protected]

Comment

Keep the newer one. For the price you paid I don't know why you woul even think about it.

Comment

It's just that I got used to the setup on the older 250 and it really is like new and if I sold the newer 250 I could make back a little more money. Just wondering if any one has used both of these models and is there really a difference between them as far as easy of use or how they weld? New 250 has a little nicer torch, a Diamond Back, the older 250 has a Weldcraft which the cables are a little stiffer.

Comment

Torches are not specific to the machine ya know.
          Syncrowave 250DX
          Invison 354MP
          XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
          Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
          Smith O/A rig
          And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

True!

Comment

Ok, so why are you rolling your eyes? You're the one acting like one torch belongs with one machine and the other does not. If you like the one over the other - then swap them to the machine you want to use. Duh.
              Syncrowave 250DX
              Invison 354MP
              XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
              Smith O/A rig

Comment

Fishy Jim,

Sorry about the rolling eyes, I was using it more like "I should have thought of that" my bad. Was just wondering beside the new knobs and a few other changes, if the machine welds better then the older one. I remember when miller came out with the 250 MM and it was a dog compare to the older one it replaced, so I'm wondering if new is always better.

Thanks-Dan

Comment

No worries.

You can just box up that older machine and send it here, and I'll get it out of your way while you put some time on the new one to see if you like it better. You can even keep both torches too. K?

Sorry, I don't have any input on either machine. No spark time on them for that matter. I do know they're both a big jump over my tig though.
                  Syncrowave 250DX
                  Invison 354MP
                  XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
                  Smith O/A rig

Comment

Originally posted by zgoo
                    I just bought a new 250dX Syncrowave Tig runner with pulser out of the newspaper with two new large bottles and a new 2050 plasma cutter with cart and cover all for $4,000. I presently own a nearly new 250 Syncrowave tig runner (used about 5 hours, looks new) and I'm going to sell one of them but I not sure what the really differances are between them, does the newer 250dx work very much better then the older 250's? Any body have any ideas on which one to keep?

Thanks-Dan
                    i have used the 250 SYNC alot....good machine

i have never used the 250 DX although i recently bought a 350 LX machine with the pulser installed. not sure of the diffrence between the DX and LX series machines but i like the LX much better than the standard 250 sync. granted the 350 is a larger workhorse but the starts are better arc is smoother and i love the pulser on the thin stuff (check out my sig i welded some beer cans together with it). if it was up to me i would sell the sync and keep the DX.

Craig
                    The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

Comment

I would start usimg the new one and thencompare the two. You will be better able to decide which to keep and which to sell. One thing's for sure. I'll bet there is more than one person here wishing he ( or she ) had your problem. LOL
                      Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
                      Millermatic Challenger 172
                      VictorO/A
                      Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
                      Esab PCM-875
                      Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

Comment

zgoo if you decide to sell either please let me know. Thanks Phil

Comment

I would keep the new, because some day those extra features might come in handy. I would think that the new 250's are just as reliable as the older ones but this is just my opinion.

Comment

Keep both of them,that way you will not be wondering if you made the right decision. Just put them on opposite sides of the shop.

Comment

Working...
                            X