Let Me know if these are loading Quickly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let Me know if these are loading Quickly

I have just recently found this board, after being on Hobarts for a couple of years. I have a couple of questions regarding some site upgrades I have just put in the last day or so. If you want go to these pages and watch the video clips I have posted.

http://www.shopoutfitters.com/BandSaw.html
    http://www.shopoutfitters.com/Smoke-Drafter.html

Are these videos Loading up fast Enough?

If not should I shorten them up or reduce the quality?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Dan
    www.ShopOutfitters.com

loads fine, and quickly on my 1mb cable line.

However, ditch the piano!+
    -Tanner

Comment

Originally posted by Shop Outfitters
      I have just recently found this board, after being on Hobarts for a couple of years. I have a couple of questions regarding some site upgrades I have just put in the last day or so. If you want go to these pages and watch the video clips I have posted.

http://www.shopoutfitters.com/BandSaw.html
      http://www.shopoutfitters.com/Smoke-Drafter.html

Are these videos Loading up fast Enough?

If not should I shorten them up or reduce the quality?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks
      Dan
      pretty slow, and I have a quick DSL connection.
      I can't help but wonder whats happening to your shielding gas
      piano music = three thumbs down
      the bandsaw wasn't as painful to watch and looks like a good product
      hre

Comment

load time = good
        music = bad

Agreed. Nice looking band saw.

Comment

WWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY to slow....
          But then...dial-up sucks, but it's that or satallite & I won't pay that much. (1200 start-up & 75 per month )
          so I look at a few pictures about 1 1/2 or 2 minutes per, & very few videos (5 to 45 minutes depending on size...
          Syncrowave 180 SD
          MM185 with 3035 Spool gun
          1971 Roughneck 1e
          Stars-n-Stripes BWE
          Optrel Satellite OSE
          ESAB 875 Plasma Torch
          Lincoln 200SA Diesel
          O/A Set
          Century 250A/C-D/C BuzzBox
          1.5 kVA Spot Welder
          Phoenix Electrode Conditioning Oven

Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
          My own shop since 1981

Cya Frank

Comment

1085 kbs DSL (tested right after downloading your infomercial). Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too slow. The piano music belongs in a commercial for some kind of women's change of life product. I don't have time to watch the bandsaw movie.

Comment

With my 5mb cable line it load fine.
              Millermatic 251, Miller DialarcHF 250 AC/DC Tig/Stick
              Miller Cutmate 375, Victor O/A rig
              Optrel Satelite Hood
              B2 Beverly Shear
              Metabo 7" grinder

Comment

Video downloads

Videos both loaded up fine. took about 25 seconds before it started playing the video. videos both good. I agree with the rest Bury the piano music please. SBC DSL -Laptop wireless modem 56mbps with good signal.
                Dynasty 200DX With TEC Superflex 9 & 17 Torches,
                Hypertherm 30A Plasma
                Rincoln SP130T Mig

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn B
                  Videos both loaded up fine. took about 25 seconds before it started playing the video. videos both good. I agree with the rest Bury the piano music please. SBC DSL -Laptop wireless modem 56mbps with good signal.
                  that's the same type of connection I was using. I wouldn't wait around for them to load unless I was really interested in the product.
                  hre

Comment

Hey Dan, I wondered when you would find your way over here ...Bob
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ornamentiron/
                    Bob Wright

Comment

Dang, thats a cool saw

oh, I agree with everyone else- the background tunes need some work.

Comment

Both loaded fine for me.

Comment

Hey Guys Thanks for all the Feedback! I really do appreciate it! We are pretty new at this Video stuff and really trying to get it right. There is a lot more to it than meets the eye!

Is there a preference for what type of music would be preferred? We will never be able to use Rock or Country or something like that because 1/2 the people will always hate it. But maybe be some.
                          A. Jazz
                          B. Acoustic Guitar
                          C. Classical
                          D. Something Else?

Again Thanks a ton for Helping us out! And if anybody has any questions I can help with just let me know.

CoalSmoke- The Sheilding Gas is not being pulled away from the weld unless you are welding something very small right on top of the table. Like 2 Pieces of rod, Even then if you put a small strip of flat under your pieces you will be fine.

Frank- The Videos should be set up for download- At least I hope they are. I wanted people on Dial-Up to be able to set it to download in the evening and save it to their hard drive. This way you could see the video in full speed and resolution later. Let me know if this is not the case.

Thanks A Lot For all of your Help.
                          Dan
                          www.ShopOutfitters.com

Comment

Hey Guys Thanks for all the Feedback! I really do appreciate it! We are pretty new at this Video stuff and really trying to get it right. There is a lot more to it than meets the eye!

Is there a preference for what type of music would be preferred? We will never be able to use Rock or Country or something like that because 1/2 the people will always hate it. But maybe be some.
                            A. Jazz
                            B. Acoustic Guitar
                            C. Classical
                            D. Something Else?

Again Thanks a ton for Helping us out! And if anybody has any questions I can help with just let me know.

CoalSmoke- The Sheilding Gas is not being pulled away from the weld unless you are welding something very small right on top of the table. Like 2 Pieces of rod, Even then if you put a small strip of flat under your pieces you will be fine.

Frank- The Videos should be set up for download- At least I hope they are. I wanted people on Dial-Up to be able to set it to download in the evening and save it to their hard drive. This way you could see the video in full speed and resolution later. Let me know if this is not the case.

Thanks A Lot For all of your Help.
                            Dan
                            Nope..My ISP is setup so that if I don't provide an input at least every half an hour I'll be disconnected. No overnight downloads through them! I wouldn't want to tie my phone line up for hours, just to see a few minutes of video anyway
                            Why do you want to play music anyway Usually when I DO spend the time (usually somebody e-mails me an attachment & I have to let it download to get the rest of my e-mail) I mute the soundtrack anyway! In my opinion music in the videos is done just because it can be done & is more of a PITA that anything else!
                            Syncrowave 180 SD
                            MM185 with 3035 Spool gun
                            1971 Roughneck 1e
                            Stars-n-Stripes BWE
                            Optrel Satellite OSE
                            ESAB 875 Plasma Torch
                            Lincoln 200SA Diesel
                            O/A Set
                            Century 250A/C-D/C BuzzBox
                            1.5 kVA Spot Welder
                            Phoenix Electrode Conditioning Oven

Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
                            My own shop since 1981

Cya Frank

Comment

good to here

as for music, search out some industrial ambient. Nothing too crazy, just soemthing that reflects the nature of your products. For a good example of how a decent industrial ambient music can enhance rather than detract fromt the veiwing experience, go to here and watch the first movie, they are using an album from loveslave records IIRC. And, Dan, you are most definitely correct that you can't please everyone, but if you can make it tolerable, most people will be fine. FWIW, I like jazz, classical, and a good piano concerto, but all in their right place.
                              hre

Comment

Working...
                              X