X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frank865
    replied
    Originally posted by kelly'$mygirl
    I was wondering, i don't know much about cars but the other day i scored a 69 Z-28 Camaro the whole thing is in good shape exept there is no rear end or motor. The thing is i have a old F-350 Deisel motor laying in my buddys shop, could i put this motor in this car? Is it a bad idea. I won't be doing much driving with it, i mostley just want to tinker with this car and motor.
    You COULD do it But WHY!!!! This Would be a waste of a classic car & a good engine. It will also consume massive amounts of time & money to produce a vehicle that will get you laughed at...DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• joebass
    replied
    Why would you ruin a classic like that? That car needs a Chevy 302. Do you have any idea what its worth?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...26720129QQrdZ1

Leave a comment:

• JD in Socal
    replied
    Originally posted by kelly'$mygirl
    I was wondering, i don't know much about cars but the other day i scored a 69 Z-28 Camaro the whole thing is in good shape exept there is no rear end or motor. The thing is i have a old F-350 Deisel motor laying in my buddys shop, could i put this motor in this car? Is it a bad idea. I won't be doing much driving with it, i mostley just want to tinker with this car and motor.
    That is some pretty valuable sheet metal to be chopping into a diesel car. You might want to check the value (both as is and as a running car) before you do anything drastic. A '69 Camaro body is worth some money these days, and a Z28 even more so.

That part aside, 2 other thoughts come to mind. One is that the diesels weigh much more than gas motors, enough so that you could have a nose-heavy, bad-handling pig. Also, some of the older diesel engines Detroit put into pickups were pretty sad engines.

JD

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    you can put almost anything in anything if you are willing to do the work. you will need to make all new engen mounts and possibly get a drive shaft cut to fit but it can be done. you may need to move a few things around like the steering box or power steering unit. best thing to do would be put the motor and trany on a cherry picker and lower it in and see what has to be alterd to give it the room it needs and get an ideal on what type of mountswill be needed. the good thing is there are lots of engen mount pads available at local parts stors as well as universal trany suports. mostly due to guys putting all kinds of 350's into older stuff for so long. oops you said a f-350 motor not a 350. still think the best thing to do would be drop it in and see what it looks like. heck ive seen old camarow's turned into 4X4's so it can be done, again just depends on how much time you want to spend. would be easyer to go to a junk yard and pick up something a lil closer suited but its up to you if ya got the time go for it.

Leave a comment:

• kelly'$mygirl
    started a topic Camaro+350 Deisel

Camaro+350 Deisel

Working...
X