Question on 302G Trailblazer Electrical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on 302G Trailblazer Electrical

I have a new 302G and am trying to hook up my other welders to it. The 302 has a 4 prong outlet which is standard. All of my equipment is three prong, 2 hot and a ground. Dose anyone know how wire from a 4 to a 3.
    Thanks Ernie

it is in your miller 302 manual. i made a patch cable for my machien, leave out the middle prong on the 4 prong plug. Look it up in the manual for more detailed info about different variations that will allow you to derive 120v using that same outlet.
    hre

Comment

You can buy the cable you need for a bout $60.00.
      http://store.cyberweld.com/poadne6tone1.html

Comment

You can make a pig tail for about 25.00 all the parts are at Home Depot.

Comment

You can buy verything from your Miller distributor. The full kva plug is Miller part# 119172 $55.16 then you could take a 6' pc of #8/3 cable. The geen is ground then the white and black you would run to XXX and YYY. Now if you want to wire in 120V cord as well you can. Green to ground, then the black to XXX and the white to white. At the other end of the 220V cord you put a receptacle Miller # 039778 $17.33. Now you have full kva for 220V and 120V.
          Rich Ferguson
          Sales Technician
          Jackson Welding Supply Co.
          "Keep America Strong.....Weld It"
          www.jacksonweldingsupply.com

Comment

Originally posted by joebass
            You can make a pig tail for about 25.00 all the parts are at Home Depot.
            Ditto. That's what I did.

Comment

Thanks guys
              I wired her up like you said and she works great thanks for the help.
              Ernie

Comment

Miller Electric also offers an adapter cord now. The part number is 300158, list price $97.
                Gary

Comment

Working...
                X