Why is it ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it ????

Do we have bad breath, maybe BO, or is it something else?
    It took me a short time to figure out that we have good people & a wealth of knowledge at hand here soooo ? WHY do I always see more guests then members. If you are a reader like me, sign up and read along. We need all the input we can get. Its like my dad always told me, you can't beat a man at his own game so join in. Just my though.

gregg

Gregg:
    When I used the computer at my friends I sometimes don't log in, if I am only looking for a resource. I know HAWK does that also.

This is a resource, sometimes the visitors are some of us, just visiting for referance material. Kinda like going to the library, sometimes you check out the book other times you just copy and take the page with you.

Peace,

Comment

Yyyyyy

Hello Paul,
      OK, you got me on that point. But I still feel it must be the halitus or something???
      gregg

Comment

I spend my best reading time at work as a "guest" but don't let on to the boss!...working midnights has to have some kind of advantage! JEFF
        200DX 350P 625 Plasma & other stuff I forgot

Comment

i think its just as you did they read for a wile and eventualy see a post that they want to say something or just cant stop themselves from replying about and join relising they do heve some usefull imput even though they are not full time welders or race car builders. just give them time , let them feel welcome and they will join sooner or later when they feel comfertable.

if you build it they will come.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

I frequently do alot of reading without posting because I am not an expert in every area, I try to reply on the items I really know about and yes there are things Im pretty good at but there are other people out here that are better versed in those areas so i like to leave those items for them. And then there are times when I am the one asking the questions.
            The nice thing is that we do this for fun so we get to answer what we want to answer.

Comment

I like to help when I can, and Shut up when I can't....Usually
              There is a good bunch of people on here, Thanks for all the help!
              Jeff
              Jeff

Comment

I'm also guilty of logging in from other computers and when I do I show up as a guest...
                Bulldog
                5 Passport Pluses
                2 MM 212's
                MM 210
                MM 251 MIA
                MM 350 P w/Python
                Syncrowave 250
                w/ tig runner
                Trailblazer 302
                12RC w/meters
                Spectrum 1000
                Spectrum 2050
                2 Black BWEs
                Joker BWE
                Star & stripe BWE Digital
                2 star & stripe xlix's

REAL TRUCKS RATTLE
                CUMMINS BABY

Comment

Originally posted by Spoolup89
                  Do we have bad breath, maybe BO, or is it something else?
                  It took me a short time to figure out that we have good people & a wealth of knowledge at hand here soooo ? WHY do I always see more guests then members. If you are a reader like me, sign up and read along. We need all the input we can get. Its like my dad always told me, you can't beat a man at his own game so join in. Just my though.

gregg
                  Anybody who "logs in", whether it's from their own or somebody else's computer, will show up as a "member". If you just open the browser on millermotorsports.com from a machine that you don't have a cookie on, it will show up as a "guest".

There are lot's of registered members with zero posts. Some of it is from folks who register, thinking they have to do so to browse, and some of it is from people who register and loose interest. And than, there's the shy types!

I think the key is that if you ask a question, you'll get an answer!

Hank
                  ...from the Gadget Garage
                  Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
                  Handler 210 w/DP3035
                  TA185TSW
                  Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

Originally posted by hankj
                    I think the key is that if you ask a question, you'll get an answer!
                    Hank
                    Not always the right one, though!!!

I browsed here a month or two off and on before registering . . . Until I discovered there was enough screwballs here I would fit right in . . Actually I didn't register until we started getting all the rain it kind of shut down work somewhat. Now my wife thinks I'm having an online affair with some girl from Florida or something

Comment

onece ya get started its a bit consuming, not that i spend much time on here myself.
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                      JAMES

Comment

Just a Girl

okaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyeeeeeeee....sheesh...I'm just a girl who sells "welding supplys" and 'relearning" what I have forgotten...........sheesh.........I was just peeking....But now I see things and I have been responding to..... such as gas cylinders, rent or buy? Duh? If you come in with an ARGON cylinder, will I hurt your for swapping it for a C=25....... duh? ...no.. If you bring in a "Q" ( 80 cuft ) cylinder, and I DON'T HAVE ONE, will I swap you for an "S" (150 cuft), YES..........why? you won't keep it, you'll still, one day, need more gas, and besides, it doesn't fit in your cart, or cyl rack you purchased with your welder. huh? You see.............we all work together.......somehow...somewhere..... Thanks for listening........on my way to hunt for the Esab 7018. 5/32'nd.s....can you imagine what the **** he's welding!!! sheesh !!! Tho ...my customer needs it.........so off I go!
                        Hugs from the Blonde in California.............may your SYNCROWAVE..........not SINK...Your wave!..........lol!
                        Keep WELDING GUYS! LOVE YA!
                        : I sell Miller, still just a girl learning to "use" Miller. Thanks for your patience!!

Comment

BHeadinOut

i must have missed your fist post , so let me say hellow and welcome to the board. if its just my noodle being off as usual and i already welcomed you then i gess its your lucky day , you got 2 welcomes from me.
                          thanks for the help
                          ......or..........
                          hope i helped
                          sigpic
                          JAMES

Comment

P.S. did you post in the "tell us about your self" post
                            thanks for the help
                            ......or..........
                            hope i helped
                            sigpic
                            JAMES

Comment

Thanks for the "Welcome", glad to be aboard

No, I haven't posted a "Tell us about yourself", yet, just learning the site here. I work for PRAXAIR in Oxnard, California - and after 15 years OUT of the "Industrial" business, ( I worked for Hopper Steel in Ventura- CA, so I am/was more familiar with steel - angle irons, I beams, rebar, etc more than Welding and welding needs) I am eager to learn the processes, to assist intelligently with questions that arrise at my job. I have been reading the Ask Andy for a few weeks now. Thanks again, and I appreciate the "happy attitudes" here !!! I'm here to stay, (Please forgive the stupid questions I may ask......I'm blonde, lefthanded, and a twin..........TRIPLE WAMMY! LOL!
                              Thanks again!
                              Shari
                              : I sell Miller, still just a girl learning to "use" Miller. Thanks for your patience!!

Comment

Working...
                              X