cofused about fcaw w/dimension652

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cofused about fcaw w/dimension652

For starts i,ve spent more time on my tb w/ a feeder than any of my equipment.Not sure if i,m hooked up right.i,m running nr212 .068 dcenw/ a open style old style miller s32 feeder in side the feeder theres a switch that is for cc constant current or cp constant potential (dropper) where should this be?on the machine there are 3 lugs 1 positive(high inductance)2 another positive that says (fcaw gasless low inductance) 3then the. negative lug this wire is dcen wire.i have tried many options and it seems too run best on the ground clamp on high inductance+ and the feeder on negative and the swithch inside on cp but on cc it still runs almost as good.wondering if the feeder should be plug on low inductance and the machine knows that fluxcore is done dcen always if it helps in understanding my machine panel you can download my owners manual with miller.ANY ADIVCE WOULD BE GREATLY THANKFUL FOR
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Also the hot start smaw switch on panel of machine is in the gmaw position
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Admweld First the hot start will only function in smaw selection with that machine as far as the to hot posts on the welder the hi inductance is for welding fcaw over 045 this is to stabilize the arc and will produce less splatter than if set on the low inductance post ,but that low inductance post will produce better looking welds with 045 and smaller wire . The wire feeder should be set to CC .I hope this answers your questions
      Lance

Comment

b2n3 did you look at the owners manaul ?they make this front panel on this welder pretty confusing to understand where you should be setup fcaw and nothing is mentioned about low inductance for 045 and smaller wire how did you know all this?
        BB402D
        TB300D
        DIMENSION652
        MM250X
        MAXSTAR140
        HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Swap your feeder to negative lug for that wire.
          Your feeder should run fine in the CV or CP mode.
          My SP32S did. Your fluxcore-core setting (machine) could be for gas-shielded and electrode positive. That a guess from other types of machines I have seen and own.

Comment

scott v the switch inside the feeder is cp cc not cv the dimension is a cc/cv dc machine they made this panel up front confusing and i thought the ground should be on the fcaw lug that says low inductance+ there owners manual gives little info on set up on fcaw w/ larger wire if any at all .I have had this machine for 3yrs but have cac and stick w/ it most of the time and every time i go to flux core with it i forget what goes where stupid me i should just pull the truck out front with tb or bb i,m more fimilar with setting up those for flux core but i wanted too be nice to the neighbors w/ the noise.oh yeah and the feeder is always in the negative lug-
            BB402D
            TB300D
            DIMENSION652
            MM250X
            MAXSTAR140
            HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

CP = CV

Page 19 is the one you want in the manual.

Comment

cp is cv ok i did not know that helps thanks scott
                BB402D
                TB300D
                DIMENSION652
                MM250X
                MAXSTAR140
                HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

you,ve looked at my manual is it confusing or am i stupid don,t answer that
                  BB402D
                  TB300D
                  DIMENSION652
                  MM250X
                  MAXSTAR140
                  HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Sorry about that it should be CV The rest of the information about the lugs on the machine i got from miller and it was the actual man that designed the machine

Comment

alls good w/652fcaw

ground clamp in + high inductance fedder in -negative and switch inside feeder set on cp finished cutter fit up and welding and 1 corner shank left and a few wear bars and i,m done
                      BB402D
                      TB300D
                      DIMENSION652
                      MM250X
                      MAXSTAR140
                      HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Working...
                      X