• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by Gaslight
    Thanks for the answers.

I haven't found a need for water cooling yet, but If one could get a water cooled torch that is upward compatible, then why not. They have better handling. On the other hand if it's like the pedal and only works on a Maxstar, then I probably wouldn't recover my costs.
    Torch's are not machine dependent, but the connectors can be. I think the torch Dan was refering to is a #9 torch, its a air cooled version of the #20 and uses the same consumables. I used one (a #9) for my 150STL and my 150STH ... they are just about right for the Maxstar IMO ...

Leave a comment:

• Gaslight
    replied
    Thanks for the answers.

I haven't found a need for water cooling yet, but If one could get a water cooled torch that is upward compatible, then why not. They have better handling. On the other hand if it's like the pedal and only works on a Maxstar, then I probably wouldn't recover my costs.

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    I really don't see any need for a water cooled torch on a Maxstar 150. A 125 amp aircooled wil work perfectly fine on a Little Maxstar 150. I use a 125 amp air cooled on my Maxstar 150 STH, and even when running the unit near maximum output the torch never gets hot in my hand.

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    The Maxstar 150STL comes with a 150A #17 air cooled torch that cannot be modified to run as a water cooled torch. If you need a water cooled torch then I would suggest a #20, its rated for 250A and is very small and a pleasure to use IMO, you will also need a dinse connector that will be flowthru for the gas and transport the water back to the cooler. You will also need a cooler, making one is not hard and can be done nicely for under $200 or less, new ones start about $500 and go up from there.

Leave a comment:

• 3faze
    replied
    OOpps sorry I misread your post. If I am assuming correctly you currently have the torch that came with the machine and it is an aircooled torch. If you want to buy a watercooled setup you have to get a new watercooled torch

Leave a comment:

• 3faze
    replied
    Usually water coolers are for 200 amps and above. I am not sure what torch comes with the maxstar 150 but if it is the 125 amp torch you could try a larger aircooled torch. I am wondering if the torch is getting too hot to hold or you havn't used the maxstar much but think you need a water cooled? If you want a watercooler I would recommend building one and it will save you something like 300 bucks. Or you can but one, just look for them on millers web site. Hope this helped

Leave a comment:

• Gaslight
    started a topic Watercooled Maxstar 150

Watercooled Maxstar 150

I have a Maxstar 150, the one without the HF and Pulse. Does miller, or anyone else, sell a watercooled set-up for this torch, and is it any good.

Thanks
Working...
X