Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bandsaw not cutting straight

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    The blade is pretty new , not even 10 cuts on it. And I made all the adjustments, I reread everything. Maybe the blade got dull that fast.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by tigman47
      The blade is pretty new , not even 10 cuts on it. And I made all the adjustments, I reread everything. Maybe the blade got dull that fast.
      ONE! Bad cut, can ruin a blade!! It's a real PITA when it happens

      If you KNOW all the adjustments are RIGHT (NOT just "close enough") try another blade.
      Syncrowave 180 SD
      MM185 with 3035 Spool gun
      1971 Roughneck 1e
      Stars-n-Stripes BWE
      Optrel Satellite OSE
      ESAB 875 Plasma Torch
      Lincoln 200SA Diesel
      O/A Set
      Century 250A/C-D/C BuzzBox
      1.5 kVA Spot Welder
      Phoenix Electrode Conditioning Oven

      Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
      My own shop since 1981

      Cya Frank

      Comment


      • #48
        a blade that gets worn on 1 side will tend to cut in an arc. I some dulled a fairly new blade. I thought I had missadjusted something. Finally replaced the blade in desparation and the problem was resolved.
        Dennis


        Thermal Arc 185-TSW
        Millermatic Challenger 172
        VictorO/A
        Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
        Esab PCM-875
        Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

        Comment


        • #49
          Well I was cutting some sch10 pipe 1.5 od and if I let it cut and leave it takes about 20 minutes so I have to apply force.

          http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3295/manis0067vu.jpg

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by tigman47
            Well I was cutting some sch10 pipe 1.5 od and if I let it cut and leave it takes about 20 minutes so I have to apply force.

            http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3295/manis0067vu.jpg
            In your picture you have the blade deflected by the square.
            You MUST CAREFULLY make all the adjustments that have been suggested.
            You cannot just get it "close enough". If you "force" the blade, you'll dull & or strip teeth off of it. If you'll just do what you've been told, that saw will cut!
            Syncrowave 180 SD
            MM185 with 3035 Spool gun
            1971 Roughneck 1e
            Stars-n-Stripes BWE
            Optrel Satellite OSE
            ESAB 875 Plasma Torch
            Lincoln 200SA Diesel
            O/A Set
            Century 250A/C-D/C BuzzBox
            1.5 kVA Spot Welder
            Phoenix Electrode Conditioning Oven

            Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
            My own shop since 1981

            Cya Frank

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by tigman47
              Well I was cutting some sch10 pipe 1.5 od and if I let it cut and leave it takes about 20 minutes so I have to apply force.

              http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3295/manis0067vu.jpg
              Make sure that the guide rollers do not touch the teeth of the blade at any time.
              In the photo, make sure the blade of the square is above the teeth of the saw blade and try to get it as flush as possible without aplying preasure. (I think the shadows make it look deflected in the photo )
              Leave the square in the same position its in now and raize the saw blade to the top of the square blade and lower it again, if a gap shows between the blades at any piont it is out of wack. ( there will be a little gap becouse of the tooth offset , just account for that )
              To all who contribute to this board.
              My sincere thanks , Pete.

              Pureox OA
              Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
              Miller Syncrowave 250
              Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by burninbriar
                (I think the shadows make it look deflected in the photo )
                And the angel.

                Frank everything is set, and it still takes 20 minutes to make one cut if I don't touch it.

                Comment


                • #53
                  A few people already mentioned backing off on the spring pressure. Have you played with that setting yet?

                  Do you have any aluminum sitting around? If it gets really hot while cutting, then you have a dull blade. If it doesn't get too hot, then you need to back off on the spring pressure so that there's more downforce on the saw.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by millermania
                    A few people already mentioned backing off on the spring pressure. Have you played with that setting yet?

                    Do you have any aluminum sitting around? If it gets really hot while cutting, then you have a dull blade. If it doesn't get too hot, then you need to back off on the spring pressure so that there's more downforce on the saw.
                    I backed off

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X