No announcement yet.

Bandsaw not cutting straight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dam I don't have that. I was messing with the tracking and noticed when I loosen the bolt the blade become more straight on its own, but it would falls off every time so I could not keep it like that.

Comment

What ? are the odds that, that piece would fit onto my bandsaw ? Can anyone find me some pics of that piece, if someone has that bandsaw please.

Comment

Originally posted by tigman47
        What ? are the odds that, that piece would fit onto my bandsaw ? Can anyone find me some pics of that piece, if someone has that bandsaw please.

You have lost me?
        Can you take a picture with the saw in the horizontal position-showing the front of saw and the topside of the bearing guides?

Comment

See if you can post some more pics of youre saw. Try to get one in the position of that fig 52 in the manual. also look where the saw pivots for some way to adjust. Try setting youre square like shown in that fig 52 and instead of looking to see if the blade is parralel with the square, lift the blade up and down and see if it follows the strait edge. If it does not, and there is no adjustment, you may need to shimm the material you cut or surface the bed flat & perpandicular to the blade. If it follows the strait edge when you lift the blade up & down then the problem is elsware. This is easy to check and I would definately do it.
          To all who contribute to this board.
          My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
          Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
          Miller Syncrowave 250
          Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

Have you seen this saw http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93675

Looks like you are left with checking as some have said : the pitch of the driven wheel (one you tighten to put tension on blade), and maybe the two bottom bearings.
            If there is no adjustment to the saws vice backstop squaring it with the blade will not be a simple matter either.

I have no further ideas myself, but others may have the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by x-ray
              To much money, I would have to make sure it was really good.

Comment

On post # 8 if you look at the second pic, go strait down to where the head of the saw pivots and there might be a way to shim up where it bolts on or some other way to line it up if the blade will not follow the strait edge when you lift and lower the blade. If every thing tracks right and it cuts crooked , you have a bad blade.

Pureox OA
                Miller Syncrowave 250

Comment

Recommend you check out the Yahoo group 4x6 Bandsaw

I had a similar problem and this group was very helpful. Tracking is not the issue. You have to mess around with the blade guides and, for the better quality saws, the screws that adjust the blade guide assembly. My el cheapo (Harbor Freight) has no adjustment.

If messing around with adjustments does not work, then you have to make the blade guide assembly itself adjustable. There seem to be two techniques. One is to use washers to change the angle of the blade guide assembly and the second method is to drill holes for set screws that bear against one side of the blade guide assembly.

Hard to describe all this. Check out the yahoo group which has pictures of all these problems and their solutions.

Comment

It tracks pretty good, I'm getting a new blade soon and will test it out.

Can someone explain this autofeed though, the thing in the back with the spring. Like I said, I have to push down on the bow to get it to cut, and someone else said that, when he applys to much pressure on the one bearings, it does not cut straight

Comment

Did you do the test I descrbed to see if the blade is comming down perpandicular to the bed ( the flat surface between the clamp jaws that you set the metal to be cut on)? If so, what were the results ? If the blade travel is not perpandicular you will never get a strait cut. The spring on the back might just be to keep from haveing too much preasure on the blade, not an auto feed.

Pureox OA
                      Miller Syncrowave 250

Comment

Originally posted by tigman47
                        It tracks pretty good, I'm getting a new blade soon and will test it out.

Can someone explain this autofeed though, the thing in the back with the spring. Like I said, I have to push down on the bow to get it to cut, and someone else said that, when he applys to much pressure on the one bearings, it does not cut straight
                        Of course it has to be aligned, but having to add pressure & a crooked cut sure sounds like a dull blade!
                        That saw doesn't have an auto-feed. It uses gravity to feed, the spring can be adjusted to reduce feed pressure when needed. If you've made more than a cut or two with the blade out of adjustment, you've dulled one side more than the other & that blade will NEVER cut straight.
                        Do all the suggested adjustments (don't hurry through them, they ARE important) then put a new blade on it (preferably a bi-metal) & it will cut straight without having to add pressure to make it cut.
                        HTH
                        Syncrowave 180 SD
                        MM185 with 3035 Spool gun
                        1971 Roughneck 1e
                        Stars-n-Stripes BWE
                        Optrel Satellite OSE
                        ESAB 875 Plasma Torch
                        Lincoln 200SA Diesel
                        O/A Set
                        Century 250A/C-D/C BuzzBox
                        1.5 kVA Spot Welder
                        Phoenix Electrode Conditioning Oven

Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
                        My own shop since 1981

Cya Frank

Comment

Even with a new blade I still have to apply pressure or else it would take weeks to make one cut.

Comment

Replaced the blade, fixed it some what.

Also on another note, the backing bearings don't even roll unless I apply pressure to the bow.

Anyways I'm happy with it.

Comment

The back bearing should adjust in & out. It should bearly touch the blade with no presure. If the new blade wont cut some thing is way out of wack and more than likely tore up the teeth on the first cut.

Pureox OA
                              Miller Syncrowave 250

Comment

Working...
                              X