No announcement yet.

Beautiful TIG welds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the link to Matt's past work, you will notice attention to detail on almost all of his work
    http://www.desertrides.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2801

Comment

Oh sure, another kid born with a tungsten spoon in his mouth.

I see those welds and just cringe at my own. Superb!

Comment

Very nice, looks like fun to drive too

Comment

That is some nice looking work, thanks for sharing the pics and link.

Comment

walking the cup?

I've noticed you guys talking about walking the cup... could you kind of explain how to do this technique? I'm always trying to find a more comfortable way to tig..

Comment

http://www.millerwelds.com/education...Book_Chpt8.pdf

Walking the cup is explained and illustrated starting on page 65

Comment

What is the material thickness?

Chris S

Comment

Originally posted by SS. View Post
                  Here is the link to Matt's past work, you will notice attention to detail on almost all of his work
                  http://www.desertrides.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2801
                  Holy [email protected], I haven't even laid one bead yet, but I believe I can tell a goodun when I see one. Is this about as good as it gets, and what I should be aspiring to? Very nice work...

Comment

Welllll, maybe if it was O/F welded, right Aaron? Actually I can hardly believe all that weld with such little apparent warping. I can't help enjoying a finished project. Good job! Still, how long will that last? It seems like there would have been a better way than 20 hrs of fab and welding. The roll cage where all those joints meeting in the middle seems like a week point. Any cage builders out there? I'm probably wrong
                    Matt Adams A&P, IA
                    Trailblazer 302
                    Dialarc HF

Comment

alha thats defenetly some nice work. some of his aluminum looks like it could use a lil more seat time but in general its all nice work. should you aspire to that level, shore. should you expect to be at that level soon, probly not. getting a solid TIG weld is much easyer than getting a solid good looking TIG bead. it takes time to get it right, much longer than MIG thats for shore. as long as you are not rushing and are willing to put in the time to get it right, you should be able to produce similer welds, eventualy. how soon depends on you and the amount of time you are willing to put into it.
                      my aluminum welds are solid but still in need af dressing up a bit, but i'm working on it when i get the chance, and am in no hurry, slow and stedy will get a nice bead apearence. consistancy is the key.
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                      JAMES

Comment

Working...
                      X