Beautiful TIG welds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful TIG welds

just like to share some pics of a spindle and lower control arm and Ibeam. The guys name is Matt Walrath, and fabricates for Robby Gordons offroad truck.
    Attached Files

Nice, clean, and consistent tig for sure. Nice job and thanks for sharing the pictures.
    Dynasty 350DX
    Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
    MM 350P
    MM Passport Plus
    Spectrum 375 Extreme
    08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

you can see thoes are done by an experienced person, very even and consistant. thanks for sharing!
      The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

Comment

Very nicely done,top notch.Again thanks for sharing.

Comment

how do you get a bead profile like that? do you move the torch forward at a constant speed or do you weave back and forth?
          Millermatic 251
          Miller Syncrowave 180 sd
          Lincoln Pro-Cut 55
          Oxy/Acetylene

Comment

it appears that he just pushed straight forward with no weave, it looks like he probably paused at each dab of filler though. just my opinion, i don't even know the person who did it, just looks that way.
            The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

Comment

what kind of material is that, the color of the haz looks to be stainless but doesnt have the appearance of stainless, maybe its just my eyes.

just curious

Comment

Betting 4130
                Dave P.

Comment

thanks for the reassurance, right after i looked at those pics i looked at another pick about desert truck frames, and said doh, its prolly chromoly.

Comment

I just got all hot and bothered. That is probably as good as it gets if it's on Rob's truck. Definitely 4130 if it's suspension parts for a SCORE vehicle.

How long does it take to fab one of those arms start to finish for a guy like him?

Comment

the inside fillets are walk-the-cup weaves

outer edges could be the same, or just stepping

Comment

well to shed some light on this subject. These peices were welded with a Sync 250 in his Grandmas Garage. All material is 4130 for suspension, I'll try look up some more pics of his work, his cage work is very impressive.

Comment

Very nice stuff indeed. We could use him here in Indiana bOb
                          sigpic
                          bOb
                          Bobs Welding Service

Comment

looks great, dose he cut the pices and do the hole fab job himself???

would you put it togather with taks to hole the hole thing togather tacked up then start runing beads?? or do them one pice at a time?? i suspect tack it all togather then weld it up but just wondering??

thats a lot of compound angled pices to keep from worping all to he!!. i would love to try one but dought it would come out anything like as nice as that. gotta have a jig to i supose.
                            thanks for the help
                            ......or..........
                            hope i helped
                            sigpic
                            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                            JAMES

Comment

Walking the cup, I've been trying to get good at it since day one of my second semester. My instructor who is an old pipe welder (Nuclear plants and such) used that technique on a butt joint and you can barely tell where the joint is. It's obviously a great technique.

Man I wish I could afford a nice TIG setup.

I'll bet your guy stays pretty busy if he's doing stuff for Gordon. Man, Gordon... that guy crashes more trucks. I was just reading Dirt Sports and saw that he crashed twice at the Big CORR race. Crashed, rolled, landed on wheels, kept racing. LOL... must be nice to have those kinds of components.

What would he charge for a set of those???? And I'm still curious about how long it takes a pro to fab those start to finish.

Comment

Working...
                              X