• Show
Clear All

Saw this on ebay and should be ideal for your job

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Evolution-230-...QQcmdZViewItem

good luck
    Regards from sunny Cornwall
    www.iancarey.co.uk

Comment

Find a local fab guy with a shear & pay him to do it or better yet make friends with him so in the future maybe he'll give you a freebie.---MMW---
      MM250
      Trailblazer 250g
      22a feeder
      Lincoln ac/dc 225
      Victor O/A
      MM200 black face
      Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
      Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
      Arco roto-phase model M
      Vectrax 7x12 band saw
      Miller spectrum 875
      30a spoolgun w/wc-24
      Syncrowave 250
      RCCS-14

Comment

Originally posted by CIRCLEBFAB
        Take my word for it I have cut 100's of sheets of aluminum diamond plate. Get a jigsaw (I have a craftsman commercial) that the blade goes back and forth as well as up and down I believe they call it oscilating or orbiting. You will really be surprised how well this cuts. I have tried everything else this WORKS CIRCLE B FAB.

I have a nice Bosh jig saw with the orbital feature but I was less then impressed with the results for some reason. Exactly what blades do you use? The metal ones with the very fine teeth or would larger teeth work better?

Comment

Bosch makes several blades just for aluminum. Check out theire web site.

http://www.boschtools.com/accessorie...176309&G=54784

Comment

Ok I tried my Bosch jig saw again, put a nice new metal blade and within 30 seconds it was completely clogged and refused to cut. Then I noticed the teeth were pretty fine so I tried a standard wood cutting blade with some fairly coarse teeth. Used a little WD40 so it would slide better on the aluminum and I must admit it was cutting pretty good.

I made 2 cuts about 8 feet total and the blade still looks perfect so this might actually be a perfect solution. I have never seen a bosch blade made just for aluminum but I bet the teeth are not as fine as the standard metal blades are.

Anyway thx for making me retry my jig saw. The cuts were much cleaner then using the circular saw. Now I just need to find the best way to debur and clean up the edges.

Comment

If you have one of those old kitchen knife sharpeners that have the two rows of metal discs that you pull the knife through, they work pretty good. You need to lean it real far when you pull it across the edge. A real cheap substitute for a real deburring tool.
              I think some one else already mentioned it but pretty much anything that works on wood will work on alluminum. I used a router on it a lot in the sign trade.
              To all who contribute to this board.
              My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
              Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
              Miller Syncrowave 250
              Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

Saw

Lowely pawn, I use a blade with about 7 teeth per inch works great. I do not use any lube and get great cuts. Most of my cuts are on 1/8 inch diamond plate. Maybe the 3/16 inch is a little harder. I use a stationary belt sander to run my cuts across and get an edge that looks almost as good as sheared. Good Luck

Comment

I've always used a circular saw with a carbide blade for the last 30 years. A small tube of bee's wax is rubbed on the blade before plugging in the saw and makes for a quick, clean, and true cut. Plus it only takes a little clean up before welding. Back in the early '80's I did some work for an ambulance manufacturer that built aluminum bodies and they used the bee's wax and circular blade method too.

Capt Ron

Comment

I cut about 10ft of 1/8 today with a jig saw using a wood blade (10-12tpi). Squirted my like down with WD40 and it went through like butter. The WD allowed the saw to slide on the diamond plate easier, I tried cutting some without the WD and it got kinda jerky when the aluminum chips got under the jig saw base.

Comment

table saw

Vertical band saw with wood blade works great, or table saw with 71/4 carbibe crosscut blade works great, do it all the time.
                      MM-251,30Agun,SD180,TB302,Spectrum625

Comment

Cutting Al

I know this is a late for a reply but maybe it will help in the future.
                        I have cut thousands of feet of Al plate with a skill saw and carbide blades.
                        The trick to it is lay the sheet on a 2x6 board under the cut line and cut the plate. The wood cleans the blade and makes for a very stable cut. Hope this helps but always be careful.

Comment

Ernie
                          Could you give us a brand, size, and the tooth count on the blades which give you the best result?

Thanks Mike
                          Regency 200 w/30A
                          Dynasty 200 dx
                          Esab 875 plasma
                          MM350-P w/30A

Comment

Aluminum Cutting

There are cutting wheels you can get just for aluminum get .045 thickness 6" dia. eats them up but cuts good or can use metal cutting circular saw blade they also make a speacil cuttting fluid just for aluminum just spray it ahead of your cut and go Ive cut many feet 1/2" & 3/8"even with battery saw you can cut 1/4"just keep spare battery handy.

Comment

Those Evolution saws work great. I have sold Quite a few with no complaints.
                              Dynasty 200DX With TEC Superflex 9 & 17 Torches,
                              Hypertherm 30A Plasma
                              Rincoln SP130T Mig

Comment

Working...
                              X