No announcement yet.

Any experience with Devair Compressors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience with Devair Compressors?

Looking for a new 5 hp 80 gallon compressor and really like the specs of the devair and wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this brand?
    DCRC
    Miller Dynasty 200DX 4/04
    Miller Big Window Elite helmet-much better than my old Speedglass 9000X
    Miller Millermatic 135 06/02
    Miller Spectrum 375 cutmate 04/03

I don't have any experience with this brand, but it does look like it spec.s out nice. The 5hp heavy industrial model looks nice because it only runs the pump at 635 rpm. In my experience the slower the pump runs the longer it lasts. I have a 1966 Kellogg that runs at 383 rpm, besides a set of 3 belts replaced on it and a new air cleaner I have had zero problems. We picked up a 5hp Saylor-Beall about 10 years, they make thier own pumps and our 5hp came with a Baldor motor. I can't remember what the pump speed is on that one but I know it's quite a bit faster, but does seem to be quite a nice package.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by pgk

I don't have any experience with this brand, but it does look like it spec.s out nice. The 5hp heavy industrial model looks nice because it only runs the pump at 635 rpm. In my experience the slower the pump runs the longer it lasts. I have a 1966 Kellogg that runs at 383 rpm, besides a set of 3 belts replaced on it and a new air cleaner I have had zero problems. We picked up a 5hp Saylor-Beall about 10 years, they make thier own pumps and our 5hp came with a Baldor motor. I can't remember what the pump speed is on that one but I know it's quite a bit faster, but does seem to be quite a nice package.

Pete
      what really irritates me about compressors in general is their habit of vibrating your teeth out and making so much racket that you can't function.
      slower ones usually do less of both.
      rvannatta
      www.vannattabros.com
      Miller Bobcat 225G
      Miller Big 40 ('79 gasser)<gone>
      Miller 375 Plasma cutter<gone>
      Lincoln Vantage 400
      Lincoln Pro-Cut 80

Comment

I believe they are now called DeVair from the former name of Devilbiss which was a Canadian Made compressors back in the day. I have an older 2 stage 5 hp 60 gallon Devilbiss...good stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X