Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sberry
    replied
    I spose if it was really bad I would notice it but I am like a lot of others that the wire price isnt a big factor, I use so little. I used L56 for years, put a roll of Hobart in a while back, cant say as I noticed real appreciable difference, they both work. Maybe if they were side by side?

Leave a comment:

• katiebo
    replied
    Thanks for all the input. I found that my local Home Depot has the 8" spools of L56 for the same price as the Radnor wire. As a result that is what I will be trying next.

Leave a comment:

• arcdawg
    replied
    Originally posted by hankj
    I have never had any Lincoln wire, but the Radnor brand .035 I have is made in Italy! Is that where Lincoln wire comes from too?

Hank

Lincoln makes there consumables just outside of cleveland ohio, when I did the tour a few years back the only area that they wont let you in is the consumable manufactering area.....TOP SECRET....

Leave a comment:

• tigman250
    replied
    my $.02

haven't used the Radnor brand but i have used the Murex as well as the L50 and the L56 and let me tell you the L50 & L56 are far better!

we talked my previous boss into buying L50 wire and Tweco contact tips rather than the Murex and China tips and the contact tip useage went down alot not to mention the L50 produced a much smoother arc and cleaner bead.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    I have used Radnor and Lincoln L-56 and there is no comparison. L-56 is much better.
    Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• shadetreewelder
    replied
    First of all McHenry, IL? Small world I grew up in Cary....

Radnor is Airgas's house brand and has a tendency to change every so often depending on who's they can get cheaper. If they do purchase form Lincoln it is likely the Murex (Lincoln's cost competitive wire).

I am not impressed with the Radnor wire. Lincoln's L-50 and L-56 wire are excellent but you pay for it. If you are a hobbyist, then spend the few extra dollars and buy the Lincoln, it eliminates one variable from your welding experience. Other wires I like, Thermal arc's 70S-6 is good and low cost wire all Hobart's new Quantum Arc 6, that is my current production wire.

http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6347

http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6251

http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6401

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    I have never had any Lincoln wire, but the Radnor brand .035 I have is made in Italy! Is that where Lincoln wire comes from too?

Hank

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied
    Never used radnor wire but used Lincoln And I'm happy with it. Just remember that just because it is made by somebody it doesn't mean it is made to the exact same specs.---MMW---

Leave a comment:

• katiebo
    started a topic Mig wire

Mig wire

I was talking with my local Airgas and they were telling me that their Radnor brand wire is made by Lincoln. Has anyone used it that has also used Lincoln's L56 wire? If so how do they compare? The L56 wire seems to be highly recommeded and that is what I have been wanting to try.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Working...
X