Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air die grinders, same as electric die grinders ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for paint or plasma cutting i would say ya but for standerd air tool i wouldnt worry so muc like was said earlyer not too much in side there to worry about.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

I run a air dehydrator in my home shop (mostly for the plasma cutter) I can tell ya my tools work alot better at my home shop then they do when I bring them to some other shops that I work at. I hate using them in some of the shops. The water in some shops is ridiculous. Ya may as well hook up to a water hose! After I use them at other shops I run them on my dry air to make sure there good and dry then I give them a good shot of air tool oil.
      Bulldog
      5 Passport Pluses
      2 MM 212's
      MM 210
      MM 251 MIA
      MM 350 P w/Python
      Syncrowave 250
      w/ tig runner
      Trailblazer 302
      12RC w/meters
      Spectrum 1000
      Spectrum 2050
      2 Black BWEs
      Joker BWE
      Star & stripe BWE Digital
      2 star & stripe xlix's

REAL TRUCKS RATTLE
      CUMMINS BABY

Comment

Sounds like the air at the universities metal lab. They only had a few classes on machining, primarily for their engineering students to understand how their designs come into existence, so the up-keep was a very low priority. I did some intake porting while on my work study hours and ended up soaked from the water discharging out the tool. Since they mainly run the air in the shop for cooling cutters and blowing away chips - I suppose the water is a free bonus. Not so cool when you need it for running tools.
        Syncrowave 250DX
        Invison 354MP
        XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
        Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
        Smith O/A rig
        And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

i supose it would depend on weather you service the lines, i drain my tank every day to insure i dont colect water, i supose if ya let them go it would reduce the efectiveness of the tools. supose ya could get some water grinders for that school.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

I graduated a few years ago. It was a pretty cool lab assistant gig for being in college though. I had full access to a couple lathes, a bridgeport, and a horizontal mill and grinder plus enough tooling to make all of them very functional. Air really wasn't used on anything for power. The professor who was responsible for maintaining the compressor didn't care and wouldn't let anyone who did do anything about it (it wasn't my boss, he was equally disgusted at the matter).
            Syncrowave 250DX
            Invison 354MP
            XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
            Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
            Smith O/A rig
            And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

Originally posted by Fishy Jim
              It was a pretty cool lab assistant gig for being in college though. I had full access to a couple lathes, a bridgeport, and a horizontal mill and grinder plus enough tooling to make all of them very functional.
              Dang, You would think that a guy in this position would just flunk out a couple a years running and hang out for awhile.
              Best Regard,

Miller Passport
              Miller 225G
              Red 255
              VIctor O/A
              Wish list:
              Maxstar 150STH or
              Syncrowave 250DX
              A Dynasty 300 if I am wishing really hard..

Comment

neophyte

LOL, sounds good to me too, i supose that lil thing called tuition had some thing to do with wanting to leave.now if ya could get daddy to fit the bill that would be another situation.
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                JAMES

Comment

Working...
                X