Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun4now
    replied
    motor sports , farm shows any large car/bike or truck show will likely have a vender scetion where all the big welder com. will be showing off there stuf, and will make ya a good deal if you buy then. most will have vareous welders set up for you to test drive and to give you pointers on, i got to play with some of millers stuff at a local show at my dealer, miller has a huge trailor set up with all there welders and plasma stuff so you can give them a try, the miller reps travel around demoing the stuff , so you should check with your local dealers to se when the next time they will have a show also as you will likely get a good deal then. also they might be able to tell ya where to look for a big local event.

youre going to love the dyn. it looks prity complex and intimidating but lots here have gotten them as there first TIG and said they are easy to lern on and will figure out all the extra stuff as time gose on.

Leave a comment:

• chris2626
    replied
    I've never heard of a welder show I'll have to ask my teacher and a few others in the class about this. Thanks everyone for help.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    if there is a welder show in the area you should check it out, farm boy found a great deal at afarn show. ( see link) $2400 with cantractors kit is a sweet deal.
    the dynasty 200 DX is a sweet welder, you will be very happy with it. i almost got one last year but had a family thing that took all my $$$$. when ya get it pop back in and show it off and feel free to ask for any help you may need.

http://www.millermotorsports.com/mbo...ead.php?t=4855

Leave a comment:

• chris2626
    replied
    Thanks Fun4now I think I may try for the 200DX

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    the dynasty 200 will run off 110V the econo tig will require 220V and 52amps thats a lot. if the syncrowave 200 is too large and you need a smaller unit i would say get the dyn.200Dx every one that has one on here just loves it. if $$ is a problem you could look at the TA-185, its anothere inverter verry similer to the dynasty just without the 110V option and a few less controle options, so far about the only bad said about it has been the availibility of service, so check service options in your area first if you consider it. several here have gotten them and are also verry happy with it. if you have the $$$ grab a dyn200DX and never look back.

Leave a comment:

• chris2626
    replied
    Dam that isn't bad at all but little to big wish it was more portable.

Leave a comment:

• tooldude56
    replied
    The Miller syncrowave 200 is about the best bang for your buck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MILLER-SYNCROWAV...QQcmdZViewItem

tooldude56

Leave a comment:

• chris2626
    replied
    MMW,
    Thats another concern I think my house is 220 and then like 110 at each plugin so can this machine be used or would my garaged need to be rewired to run this machine in?
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied
    I think they were right on the money with you outgrowing the econotig. You will want something with more power. I never used a Dynasty so can't help you out there but either an inverter or a transformer based machine works well. It all depends on your input power & portability needs.---MMW---

Leave a comment:

• wrench3047
    replied
    I don't own either but I'm sure most on this site will say "If you have the money go with the Dynasty." There is a large following here for it.

Leave a comment:

• chris2626
    started a topic Question on which Tig welder to buy?

Question on which Tig welder to buy?

I am currently in school for welding and am wanting to buy a Tig/stick welder for continueing to learn tig at home and fab rollcages and stuff. I don't know alot about the different welders out there but was thinking of the Econotig or the Dynasty. I have had the chance to try the Sycrowave 250 at school a little but that may be way to much money for me and we did have a dry lead I think you call it. I really liked that without the water lines just seemed easier to handle. So the question is which welder to get? I posted on another forum about the Econotig and one person said I would just grow outta it pretty quick and the Dynasty would be better? Can yall tell me how you like the dynastys and what problems have you experienced? like deffects or whatever? Thanks

Chris
Working...
X