Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun for Miller on ebay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gun for Miller on ebay

    I just wanted to share a great deal that I got on ebay.I have been switching from Tweco to Binzel guns on my welders and found this dealer on ebay.The guns are brand new,in the box and are Alpha-2 guns with the Miller backend kit included.I am really impressed with these guns and now have a #3 gun on order.The really unique thing about these guns,is that the Alpha swan-neck assemblies are all interchangable between different size gun asseblies and the handle assemblies are all the same size.I can have the 350 amp assembly on my welder and if I want a smaller swan neck,I can use a #1 or #2 swan-neck,because it just screws right on in a matter of seconds with no hassle.The cost of the spare swan-necks was around $30.00 each,spare nozzels are around $5.00 to $7.00 each and tips were around .80 cents each.I have been using Tweco guns for many many years,but my experience with binzel guns in the past has always been quite posative and the Binzel tig torches are most likely the best that I have ever used over the years.I got interested in the Binzel guns,because I have an HTP 200 welder that has a very similar,high quality, Binzel copy gun that I really like the feel of.When I get all of my welders swithed to Binzel,all of the gun handle will have basicaly the same feel,no matter wich machine I use or the amperage requirement of the swan-neck assembly.This ebay seller is a direct Binzel supplier and is quite knowledgable of his products.He sells on ebay to help raise his volume with Binzel.

    For reff. #1 gun=180 amps,#2 gun=250 amps.,#3 gun=350 amps {if my memory serves me correctly}

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ABICOR-BINZEL-2-...QQcmdZViewItem

    tooldude56

  • #2
    I put this guy on my favorites list, I see these guns come with a .035-.045 linner setup. Do you know if they will run .030 without any liner change as they are 15ft long? I was thinking of one for my MM210 maybe, but I need to run .030 most of the time, and I already have a M-10 for running .023 wire.
    Regards, George

    Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

    Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

    Comment


    • #3
      The new alpha 1 swanneck no longer fits the 2/3 model.
      The 1/2 take standard Tweco 11 tips
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sundown
        I put this guy on my favorites list, I see these guns come with a .035-.045 linner setup. Do you know if they will run .030 without any liner change as they are 15ft long? I was thinking of one for my MM210 maybe, but I need to run .030 most of the time, and I already have a M-10 for running .023 wire.

        Yes, they will George.
        I run a 15 ft with .030/.035 wire just fine.
        Binzels feed really well.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Scott V
          The new alpha 1 swanneck no longer fits the 2/3 model.
          The 1/2 take standard Tweco 11 tips

          I almost got an Alpha 2 a bit ago. I could not find any consumables here at all, so I declined it. If I had known they will take Tweco 11 series, I would have gotten it. That is my main trouble here. If it isn't Tweco, Miller, Magnum or Profax, they don't want to mess with it. I can't even get Airgas to get them without huge service charges. Very strange to me. I bet I could get them in Dallas easily.
          Don


          '06 Trailblazer 302
          '06 12RC feeder
          Super S-32P feeder

          HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
          Esab Multimaster 260
          Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DDA52
            I almost got an Alpha 2 a bit ago. I could not find any consumables here at all, so I declined it. If I had known they will take Tweco 11 series, I would have gotten it. That is my main trouble here. If it isn't Tweco, Miller, Magnum or Profax, they don't want to mess with it. I can't even get Airgas to get them without huge service charges. Very strange to me. I bet I could get them in Dallas easily.
            You do know I could send you anything, from Binzel. I just would
            have to walk into my Airgas and ship them. The shipping would
            probably = your sale tax.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Scott V
              You do know I could send you anything, from Binzel. I just would
              have to walk into my Airgas and ship them. The shipping would
              probably = your sale tax.
              Well,.... thanks, Scott. I will remember that for next time. I think I will wait on another gun for the moment. I have three, and soon to be four, feeders and two guns apiece for the current three. My funds will be better spent on my shop addition at the moment. I will get a Binzel one day.
              Don


              '06 Trailblazer 302
              '06 12RC feeder
              Super S-32P feeder

              HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
              Esab Multimaster 260
              Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Scott V
                You do know I could send you anything, from Binzel. I just would
                have to walk into my Airgas and ship them. The shipping would
                probably = your sale tax.
                ScottV,

                You don't work at a welding supply house do you?
                Millermatic 35
                Miller TB302G
                Ellis 1800
                Smith & Victor Torches
                Optrel Satellite
                Arcair K4000
                Ingersoll-Rand 175CFM Diesel Air Compressor
                Home Made Welding Trailer

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by garybdavis
                  ScottV,

                  You don't work at a welding supply house do you?
                  No, I have friends that do. That's even better then working there.

                  I get the employee discount and can get deals that they can't give
                  to their employee's. Conflit of issues deal for them. I can sell stuff
                  on Ebay and their employee's cannot.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Scott V
                    You do know I could send you anything, from Binzel. I just would
                    have to walk into my Airgas and ship them. The shipping would
                    probably = your sale tax.
                    Or just tell jeff about him and let him call in when he needs something.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cope
                      Or just tell jeff about him and let him call in when he needs something.
                      You mean Joel.
                      I could probaby ship it cheaper/safer then UPS.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        nice find Tooldude, after using these binzel tig torches they just have to make a good mig gun! just curious, what are you doing with all the tweco's you are replacing?
                        The one that dies with the most tools wins

                        If it's worth having, it's worth working for

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The Twecos and the consumables for them will be for sale,but I have not taken an inventory of what I have yet.I do have 3-guns left,as follows: 12' Tweco Weldskill 250 amp for Miller,12' Tweco Weldskill 400 amp ? for Miller{only used a couple of times} and a short approx. 150 amp Tweco copy ? for a Miller.All of the guns are used and in plenty usable condition and I also have many consumables.I had one more small gun,but I have already sold that one.I will try to take inventory some time this week.

                          tooldude56

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Scott V
                            The new alpha 1 swanneck no longer fits the 2/3 model.
                            The 1/2 take standard Tweco 11 tips
                            I dont know what the deal is there,but I was told by the rep., when I ordered the spare #1 and #2 swan necks that either would fit both the #2 and #3 guns,unless maybe they are going to ship me an old style swan neck.The swan necks should be here this week.I guess I'll find out then.

                            tooldude56

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tooldude56
                              The Twecos and the consumables for them will be for sale,but I have not taken an inventory of what I have yet.I do have 3-guns left,as follows: 12' Tweco Weldskill 250 amp for Miller,12' Tweco Weldskill 400 amp ? for Miller{only used a couple of times} and a short approx. 150 amp Tweco copy ? for a Miller.All of the guns are used and in plenty usable condition and I also have many consumables.I had one more small gun,but I have already sold that one.I will try to take inventory some time this week.

                              tooldude56
                              i would be interested in the 400A model if you would like to sell them seperatly.

                              thanks
                              Craig
                              The one that dies with the most tools wins

                              If it's worth having, it's worth working for

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X