Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David B
    replied
    I did buy a 2 inch dies set from american bending, found that it left quite the large bump on the outside of the bend, not very professional looking, I called and asked what was up with that and received no help from the American bending guy. I only buy Hossfeld, they are quality and not any more expensive in the end.
    David

Leave a comment:

• Speed Raycer
    replied
    I'll have to get the actual link, but I've been buying all of my die sets through Davis Motorsports out of Las Vegas. Not sure if they charge less or more than the other guys, but they are VERY good to deal with.

Be aware that Hossfeld has a 2-3 week lead time on most of their die sets. Like Jack in the Box, they don't make it, til you order it.

Leave a comment:

• ShieldArc
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffscarstrucks
    It looks like you're in the same boat I'm in; hydraulic conversion here I come! The posts mentioned above on the Hobart board are pretty good. A general google search will find some other alternatives as well. Good Luck, JEFF
    Oh i dont think i will get the hyd. conversion, i doubt i would get it to pay for itself. I just would do occasional bending, yank yank tug tug hehehe.
    But i do wonder what area needs to be clear around the machine. Do you feed the material into the bender on the left side as your standing in front of the wheel-swing arm?

Leave a comment:

• jeffscarstrucks
    replied
    It looks like you're in the same boat I'm in; hydraulic conversion here I come! The posts mentioned above on the Hobart board are pretty good. A general google search will find some other alternatives as well. Good Luck, JEFF

Leave a comment:

• ShieldArc
    replied
    I just happened to get a hossfeld #2 not too long ago very cheap. Its new and has what the basic kit come with. I need to buy a couple sets of general purpose tools like the 46001 pipe set and 46002 bar stock set dies to get me going. I have never used or seen anyone use one of these so i dont where to put it in my small shop. It appears it needs to be 4' from the wall (swing arm side away) . Thats all the farther i got Can anyone help me out?

Leave a comment:

• JBFab
    replied
    I built my own hossfeld style bender, Apparently it works great I don't know myself my friends have been borrowing more than its in my shop!!

Leave a comment:

• Compchassis
    replied
    Yes it is a copy, and I doubt there are any patent issues since the hossfeld was originally built so long ago, not to mention that american bender has been selling them for so long now that something would have been done if there was a problem.

Leave a comment:

• ShieldArc
    replied
    Originally posted by Compchassis
    Go to www.americanbender.com They sell dies that fit the hossfeld bender in virtually every size available. They are also very high quality and very good people to deal with. I have probably 5 sets of thier dies along with about the same number of actual hossfeld dies and they are of at least as good or higher quality.
    That bender looks good on their web site, is it a copy of the hossfeld? Is'nt their any patent issues?

Leave a comment:

• Compchassis
    replied
    Go to www.americanbender.com They sell dies that fit the hossfeld bender in virtually every size available. They are also very high quality and very good people to deal with. I have probably 5 sets of thier dies along with about the same number of actual hossfeld dies and they are of at least as good or higher quality.

Leave a comment:

• jeffscarstrucks
    replied
    I was also wondering if anyone has used this bender with aluminum tubing. I haven't seen any mention of it anywhere I've looked so far. Thanks, JEFF

Leave a comment:

• jeffscarstrucks
    replied
    Thanks to all, That will give me some good starts to go with. I will look at the hydraulic threads on hobart as that will happen down the road. I would be embarassed to tell how high I paid for this unit as i am usually very frugal when it comes to used tools but after a 3 hour drive to this sale I was pretty sure I'd own it...how stupid is that .Thanks Again, JEFF

Leave a comment:

• precisionworks
    replied
    Although there aren't any listed on eBay today, there probably will be by next week. The Hossfeld #2 is a superb small shop bender - price it right & I'll buy it if you don't like it

Leave a comment:

• WyoRoy
    replied
    Originally posted by dyn88
    I also picked up a #2 with a few pipe dies. I really want to find some 180 degree tubing dies 1" and 3/4". I think I got a steel at 450 bucks for the bender the stand and a five gallon bucket of dies.
    Contact LowBuck Tools through the link listed in one of the first replies and ask for their price list for Hossfled dies. It will actually be the Hossfeld supplied price list. Lowbuck was nice enough to send all the promotional literature available for the Hossfeld bender except for the actual owner's manual. That manual is available from Hossfeld for $10 the last time I checked.

Die sets for the Hossfeld bender are very job specific. the 1" and 3/4" tubing dies you are looking at will breakdown even further into the radius of the bend.

Leave a comment:

• dyn88
    replied
    I also picked up a #2 with a few pipe dies. I really want to find some 180 degree tubing dies 1" and 3/4". I think I got a steel at 450 bucks for the bender the stand and a five gallon bucket of dies.

Leave a comment:

• WyoRoy
    replied
    Don't know about the dealer "having" to sell at factory list...my local welding shop gives me a 10% discount. From the piece of paper I took in with my last order being covered by the welding shop's manager's doodles, I believe that Hossfeld gives the dealers a 20% price cut. They may receive a larger discount, but for the piece or two I need at a time that's about the best I've come across.

Otherwise, check out American Bender. Their dies will usually work with Hossfeld. A bit better fit and finish and lower price as well.

If you wish to go hydraulic, the conversion is dead easy. Dave Merdian has some write-ups over on the Hobart board if you care to do a bit of searching for them. Not only did he do a nice conversion set-up, but he also constructed his hydraulic power unit form stray parts.

Bes tof luck!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X