No announcement yet.

Welding Rig Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thats one fine looking swing arm/platform or whatever you want to call it. i bet a lot of guys would like some more pic's on that.
    if you have windows XP you can go to microsoft.com then go to power toys and download there resizer, its fast and eays and even downloads if you have dial up like me, its an add on program that works with winXP a lot of the guys here are using it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

• Thanks. people seem to really dig it. Im using a MAC mini. I bought the mac a few moths back. I love it but I dont fully understand all the differences yet. Im still stuck in P.C mode. My oldest son is at Millitary camp all summer. He could fix this thing.lol. Now Im stuck till the end of august. Oh wait. He put Widows for mac on here. Im going to play around with that and see if I can get more pics up.

Comment

• Dean, that's the first time I've seen something like that and I've got to say: Good thinking! Is there a rest for it when you swing it in, or is all the weight always on that one pivot?

Those Mac mini's sure a a great little package aren't they. A friend uses one as his portable photo and video album
        hre

Comment

• Thats pretty slick.

Comment

• It slips on a pin with a lock on it. I took some pics of it in more detail. Im emailing them to myself. They downsize when I mail them so I will see how small they get.lol.

Comment

• if you cant get them small enough you can e-mail them to me and i will post them for ya. thats a realy neat setup and lots will want more pic's as do I. my e- mail is
              [email protected]
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

• Here We Go Again.lol
                Attached Files

Comment

• More pics...
                  Attached Files

Comment

• More......
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Even more...
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Last one...
                        Attached Files

Comment

• The big drawback I have with this setup is it places 900+lbs at the rear most part of the truck. Aside from beefing up the rear suspention I also had to make sure the weight that was going to be in the truck full time was as far ahead as I could get it. I also added weight the the front of the truck to keep the break bias in check. If I had a big block or even better, a diesel. I wouldnt have needed the weight up front. The best truck for this setup would be a 2500/3500 4X4 diesel extended cab or crew cab. As far as pickups go anyway. The 1500 small block like I have wont do for the long term. It will have to do for now but if I can make a go of this business I will have to step up to a bigger more rugged pick-up. Glad you guys like it.

Comment

• Also. On the back side of the bracket that slides over the pin there is a 1/2 inch plate welded there that sits on top of the 4X4 bumper. I figured I wouldnt want all the weight supported only by the pin. No matter how big the pin is. For the pivot I used a 3600lb rated 6 bolt trailer axle. It will support the weight of the welder but I use the drop down wheel to lift the welders weight of the pin and also use it as a break when the welder is away from the truck.

Comment

• Mean Dean,
                              Sweet looking set-up.Love the swing away deal.

Comment

• I agree, but I can see how the extra 900lbs behind the rear axle could be a bit of a down side, especially on the 1500.
                                hre

Comment

Working...
                                X