Welding Rig Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Pics/no Rig?

Calweld, I,m still waiting for portables pics too.I,m really starting to think there is no rig so there is really no portabilty at all.
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

• Originally posted by admweld
      Calweld, I,m still waiting for portables pics too.I,m really starting to think there is no rig so there is really no portabilty at all.
      no rig makes it very portable. Whatever you can carry in your arms.
      hre

Comment

• Originally posted by MAC702
        Give Frank first dibs, but I'm interested. I'll send you an E-mail to get some more pictures. My Dodge can really use it if it'll fit.

Anybody else know the feasibility of converting it to a 1996 Dodge 3500?

I've been wanting to see Yosimite anyway...
        Rereading the size of truck you described, and looking at the pictures again, I don't think it's designed for a full size truck with an 8' bed, even with modifying anything, is it?

Comment

• No. It will not fit a truck designed for a 8 or 9 foot bed, needs to have the extended wheelbase (I think 161"???) needed for a 12' bed. I'll get the cab-to-axle measurements when I get a chance.

Comment

• The comp sits on the passenger side with the controls ran to the operator side and the air tanks are underneath the truck. This is a really old truck but it runs well. I dont use it much anymore but there are those occasions when it makes it all worth it. I got big heavy duty impact stuff. 4 cyl comp with 20 hp engine. I didnt fool around with the air, its one of the things I did right the first time. Its not like a big unit but compared to a 10 or 12 horse there is a big difference and when I hook it up with my shop air comps it makes a pretty respectable sandblast outfit, again nothing big but I can get it done. I wanted just enough I could run a 1 inch gun well and air arc if I needed without sitting on my thumb.
            Attached Files

Comment

• I like the long bed. I cant get enough stuff on a small truck and weight isnt any kind of issue with a big one. I had mine up to the north farm all month, it was handy a couple times and its great to have a bolt bin.

Comment

• Sberry

i like the idea of seperating the tank and the pump, i think i'll look into putting my compressor in the atic to keep the noise down and just leave the tank where it is. thanks for the idea.
                it will be at the end of a long list of things to do but i should get there ummmmm........ ...well soner or later
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                JAMES

Comment

• Well it finnaly stopped raining so as promised here are some pics of my truck. Its not as big as some of your rigs but its all I need for the service and maintinance work I do. i have a folding ramp that pulls out from the bed to load and unload my portable equipment. I havent mounted an air compressor yet so my spectrum 625 is still on the bench. I made the swing arm at home here and I was thinking of putting it in the Miller contest but it was over the 8 Hour fab limit. It works awesome and I can have it swing out of the way in 60 seconds to be able to get in the bed. I needed a covered truck so this is what I came up with. I also wasnt too long building the window protection after smashing the front window of the cap out. It also was a great frame to mount my stuff to. My pics are fairly large so I will post one pic at a time. And no, I dont know how to make them smaller.lol.

Comment

• Pictures....
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Truck pics.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• More pictures...
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Still another.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• nice work Meandean

marty
                            Miller Synchrowave 250
                            OTC 300DM with external wire feeder
                            Miller XLi Dale Sr., fibre metal hoods
                            Metaltek of Ky. Inc.
                            Home of the Stephensburg weld

Comment

• Thanks Marty. Im trying to make my pic files smaller but Its giving me problems. Its my friends cammera. Oh well. I guess its enough for now.lol

Comment

• This one will work too.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X