Tig torch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tig torch

Just wondering if anyone out there has a old (but usable) TIG torch they wouldn't mind getting rid of. My machine is an inverter stick welder (160A DC) that I'm trying to convert to a scratch start TIG for fusing together spearfishing barb tips. I can make an adapter for the ends to fit in my machine. (They look like MT1 tapers with a small lock one the side). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You can find lots of 150A torches on ebay cheap. Maybe send it to someone state-side and then have them ship it to you to avoid gouging from the sellers.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

I work on a military base, so shipping wouldn't be a problem. This is a work computer, so I'm limited on some sites. (No E-bay, Yahoo, etc..) I tried, but I keep getting blocked. Just figured someone might have an extra out there.

Comment

machine type?

If you could post a manufacturer of the machine with maybe a model or serial number, I might be able to help. sounds like the connector is a mini dinse. with the price of tig torches coming down with the major suppliers competing against each other, you should be able to source a new one for very little money. if not, let me know as I might have a couple extra torches laying around.
        will need to figure out the shipping, though. (much as I would love to come to Japan and hand deliver it, I don't think the cost of the torch would cover the travel expenses.... )

Comment

keep in mind you will need a torch with a gas valve in the handle to ba able to controle the gas flow easyer. and as its only a 160A welder a 100amp torch would work. finding one like that on ebay for about $30. should be no problem, i wone a 150Amper for a dynasty200 last year for like $35.00 (without the valve is harder to find cheep), so the smaller torch with valve should be a pice of cake. you dont know any one that could look and bid for you off the base??
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by Don-in-Japan
            Just wondering if anyone out there has a old (but usable) TIG torch they wouldn't mind getting rid of. My machine is an inverter stick welder (160A DC) that I'm trying to convert to a scratch start TIG for fusing together spearfishing barb tips. I can make an adapter for the ends to fit in my machine. (They look like MT1 tapers with a small lock one the side). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
            I've got a 26 with valve, no hose...Would that help?
            Pay shipping & can have it. I was gonna put it on E-Bay someday, but I'd rather give it to someone that needs it.
            Syncrowave 180 SD
            MM185 with 3035 Spool gun
            1971 Roughneck 1e
            Stars-n-Stripes BWE
            Optrel Satellite OSE
            ESAB 875 Plasma Torch
            Lincoln 200SA Diesel
            O/A Set
            Century 250A/C-D/C BuzzBox
            1.5 kVA Spot Welder
            Phoenix Electrode Conditioning Oven

Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
            My own shop since 1981

Cya Frank

Comment

so far this one is only $12.00 with $10 shipping but again only ships to U.S. but you should be able to use the military po box right?

a #9 is a 125amp torch
              Attached Files
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

Yes, my address is an APO out of California. Zip code is 96367. I would like to have one with the gas valve on the torch..that would simplify the setup considerably. Unfortunatly, all my friends are hermits and rarely have anyone over. Dont like coming over unless I'm invited first, so using their computers is a rare occurance. You folks know more than I about the availability of torches and their quality, so I trust your judgement. Willing to pay a fair price for a good torch though!

Comment

Sorry, I forgot.. my machine is made by Ikura, its a 160Amp DC inverter welder. I have a lathe and mill, so making an adapter shouldn't pose a problem. The welder is on the listed on a Japanese web site, but I forget the address. They don't show the connectors anyways.

Comment

Yes, my address is an APO out of California. Zip code is 96367. I would like to have one with the gas valve on the torch..that would simplify the setup considerably. Unfortunatly, all my friends are hermits and rarely have anyone over. Dont like coming over unless I'm invited first, so using their computers is a rare occurance. You folks know more than I about the availability of torches and their quality, so I trust your judgement. Willing to pay a fair price for a good torch though!
                    Are hoses available there? As far as I know, this is a good torch. I may be able to find a cable if needed. Let me know.
                    Syncrowave 180 SD
                    1971 Roughneck 1e
                    Stars-n-Stripes BWE
                    Optrel Satellite OSE
                    ESAB 875 Plasma Torch
                    Lincoln 200SA Diesel
                    O/A Set
                    1.5 kVA Spot Welder

My own shop since 1981

Cya Frank

Comment

Frank,

Do you mean the gas hose? I'd like something that I can just make an adapter and go, since I have nothing to go by locally. Just missing the gas hose would be fine. I'm starting from scratch.

Comment

Don, missing the gas hose on an air cooled torch means you're also missing the power to the electrode (in most cases, but there are two cable air cooled torches as well). If James is going to send you a torch, he should send you a proper cable with it. They're cheap anyway. It would be silly to pay postage twice to get the right stuff.
                        Syncrowave 250DX
                        Invison 354MP
                        XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
                        Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
                        Smith O/A rig
                        And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

Maybe buying a new setup would be best. I did manage to find one on weldingmart.com product # VTR-17FV-12-R for $72.75
                          Look like a good deal? I'm just fusing stainless together and probably will be working under 100 amps. Looks like it has a gas valve in the handle. Are these quality torches?

Comment

Frank,

Do you mean the gas hose? I'd like something that I can just make an adapter and go, since I have nothing to go by locally. Just missing the gas hose would be fine. I'm starting from scratch.
                            I had only the torch head. I looked some more & found a weldcraft with the hose/power cable. you can have either torch & the cable assembly, for shipping costs. I have not used either of these torches, but as much as I can tell, they are both functional. If you want one I'll put a collet, cup & ect. on it so it'll be good to go when you get it. I attached a picture, let me know...
                            Attached Files
                            Syncrowave 180 SD
                            1971 Roughneck 1e
                            Stars-n-Stripes BWE
                            Optrel Satellite OSE
                            ESAB 875 Plasma Torch
                            Lincoln 200SA Diesel
                            O/A Set
                            1.5 kVA Spot Welder

My own shop since 1981

Cya Frank

Comment

thats a prity sweet deal there frank,extreemly nice of you to offer to help out like that. with that setup all he should need is a power block and he will be ready to adapt it to anything. should be a prity easy set up from there.
                              thanks for the help
                              ......or..........
                              hope i helped
                              sigpic
                              JAMES

Comment

Working...
                              X