Table done, at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan
    George, Someone has too spite Scott V. I don't seem to be able to do this very well anymore. With my SP 175+ and ESAB Migmaster 250, I 'm starting to look more like one of his groupies. And now he has me thinking about that darn PM 215. You know how my boy loves those red welders.

On a more serious note, I have the cousin (same unit different package) to the Miller and Hobart unit, which is Hypertherms Powermax 380, and it is a very good unit performance wise. I haven't ran the compariable TD unit, however I suspect its a darn good unit too. Flip a coin if you have to, in the end you'll have a quality unit no matter what route you take. I suspect Andy would like to see you go with the Miller unit though.
    Yeah, we can't let him get away with telling us what to buy anymore even though he is right most of the time ...

I have settled on either the Spectrum 375 or the Hobart 400 even though both the Hyperthrem 380 & and Thermal 38 are a few hundred cheaper. I have ran them all and even though I am a novice at this they all seemed fine to me, and like you say I don't think I can go very wrong with any of them. The main thing is that the dealer here will give me a great deal on either the Hobart or Miller and they are a Miller/Hobart authorized repair station on site and after they fixed my STL I do trust them. If Andy will get me a few hundred off I will do whatever he wants me too.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Originally posted by jarto017
      The best thing to do is try to sneak a piece in with a batch in progress! Usually you have a good chance if you stick with basic colors. I do some powder coating on a hobby basis, and I've had good results with the IR cure system. It definitely comes in handy with those large awkward pieces, it just takes awhile to completely cure them.
      http://eastwood.com/shopping/product...iProductID=404
      Ok, I put that link in my tools to look at getting folder, thanks ...
      Regards, George

Comment

Fun,

I hear ya, I was gettin good at using the mini grinder when I got the sharpie, I will think hard before I get rid of it though as you are right about stuff being hard to come by ... higher priority things keep coming up.
        Regards, George

Comment

Originally posted by Scott V
          <snip>I still think waiting for the next Miller would be smart. I just know it's coming.
          If it can run on input of 30 amps and on a compressor that is 3hp, 8.6 SCFM @ 40 psi I might be interested. One thing I don't want to do is end up having to replace my Black Max cast iron compressor.
          Regards, George

Comment

I still think waiting for the next Miller would be smart. I just know it's coming
            what ya think they got in mind, they just came out with the spec1000 then the 1251 all up in the cut your house in 1/2 size range you think they are also going to change up there lower end 1's as well? didnt they just buy into another comp. or was that a bad roomer.

Sundown
            although you probly already checked the air use on the 375 is only 4.5CFM at 60PSI so i cant see the new 1 if there is needing much more is any so you would likely be fine on air, just gota get a water filter and trap ready for the line.
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
            JAMES

Comment

Hey George,
              You might have already seen this but if not,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Propane-Torch-Ic...QQcmdZViewItem

From the same guys where we got the rollers. Seems like a good price and would make that pancake attachment for your welding table a reality.
              Dynasty 350DX
              Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
              MM 350P
              MM Passport Plus
              Spectrum 375 Extreme
              08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

Originally posted by KB Fabrications
                Hey George,
                You might have already seen this but if not,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Propane-Torch-Ic...QQcmdZViewItem

From the same guys where we got the rollers. Seems like a good price and would make that pancake attachment for your welding table a reality.
                OK, now I know you have too much time on our hands I am not sure but I think thats the same one HF has, I will look into it as I need one anyway.
                Regards, George

Comment

Working...
                X