Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun4now
    replied
    i dont see the inside of my MM135 as plastic crap looks prity solid to me, just as solid as the older version, just a bit more user frendly with a tention gage and a fast screw off 8" wheel insted of a carter pin. just dont see your point.
    here is the inside of mine
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Fishy Jim
    replied
    Sure you can Rocky, the limit is 2500mb. You might want to look at how close I was to being over my limit. But hey, what do I care if you think it's fake.

You guys cry about wanting this thread to die, yet you keep posting in it. Not too bright huh?

Leave a comment:

• JD in Socal
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishy Jim
    What you all seem to fail to realize, is that I no longer care about being banned. Not even in the slightest.
    Four pages of your desperate attempts to defend yourself suggests otherwise.

Considering that 100% of the feedback has been that you were off base and deserved the ban, you might want to cut your losses and move along.

By all means, you're entitled to thinking I have made an *** of myself.
    Excellent point. And you are doing a fine job of reinforcing that conclusion.

Leave a comment:

• Rocky D
    replied
    I know they won't miss me if I'm gone. I do, however, have proof that over 17 thousand screens flashed hobarts name across them in January because I posted there.
    Sorry, Jim, I don't believe your screen shot of your Photobucket is real....you can't have that bandwidth with a free account.....nice try....give it up.

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    The thing about the MM-130 and MM-130 XP is that it does not
    weld as nice as a the HH-140 plain and simple. How do I know this??
    I used the 140 and owned a MM-130 and the MM-130 XP.

It's light years ahead of the MM-130 and somewhat better then
    the XP. It's quite a bit cheaper to buy and that is before inflation
    is factored in. The XP series was never all that reliable compared
    to the Lincoln machines and even the cheaper older real 120 Hobarts
    were a better machine then the earlier Miller MM units. I used one
    of those yesterday.

At least the Hobart is built here and not in Malasia like the Thermal-Arc.
    Have you looked at the small Thermal machines?????

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    That's the miller I sold.

All the new ones are plastic.
    Why don't you take this tired show to weldingweb.com or somewhere where it might be appreciated. We are all getting a little tired of it all.

Leave a comment:

• Fishy Jim
    replied
    That's the miller I sold.

All the new ones are plastic.

Leave a comment:

• fyoung
    replied
    130xp maker?

Jim, Who makes this 130XP? looks well built.
    Thanks, faris

Leave a comment:

• Fishy Jim
    replied
    What you all seem to fail to realize, is that I no longer care about being banned. Not even in the slightest. You try to make this an ad hominem attack on me because I don't like hobart's (and millers for that matter) 120v machines: which all run off 20A circuits James, 30A is not very common in 120v wiring as you'd need more than 12ga in the walls to run it - and that gets tough to pull and work with, not to mention likely needing larger conduit by code.

Here's one of the pics I shot for my ad on the 130XP. Now go look at a mm135 and tell me what's different.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...30XPinside.jpg

Keep saying stuff that isn't even remotely the case, and I will keep responding. IOW, if you want this thread to drop - Stop posting in it.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    you realy have nothing to back up your complaint.

so I looked at the new line up, the MM135 is made more poorly than my MM130XP was. It's as simple as that
    is it truely that far below the MM130 or is it that it just looks that way, wile i will not argue that things were made sturdyer 20 years ago, you also have to take into acount the advancements in matereals in the last 20 years. plastic is no longer just some week junk they stick in there to drop causts, plastick has been rediveloped in the labritory to do some amazing things and is stronger than steel lbs for lbs. not all plastics of corse but what are the specs of the parts you speek of???

(well, as great as one could expect from a grossly underpowered machine

just how much power do you expect to get out of a 110V machine?? lets be realistick here, you are talking about an entry level welder running off 110V on a 30amp breaker. for what it is taking in for power i think it is doing a fine job. heck even if you go to the top tecnoligy for our day and go with the inverter MIG like the passport you still only get 140amps out of the 110V side.wile looking at a $1500-$1700 sticker price. so for the $$$ you are putting out i think you would be hard pressed to find a beter MIG in the Hobart $$$ range. grant it its not a solid as the miller but look at millers $$$ in comparisin, and yet for the $$ of a hobaret you still get the after the sail service quality of the miller.if you think that for under $500 you should get a 150amp 110V MIG you can drop out of your truck at 50mph and pick it up and go back to work you are still living in the 60's. the fact that you can even get a MIG at under $500 with the kind of customer suport that hobart has to offer is werth a koodo's from me. but you go shopping for a low $$ MIG at HF and tell us how great it is

all of your statments have been based on nothing more than your pissy mood because you didnt like the hobart test, well grow up no one liked the test and several people including me told them so, yet we all still have posting rights and dont feel the need to try to convince the world that we were right in this and hobart was rong. mostly because hobart said they were rong for us. so you keep makeing stuff up to make your self feel better and with any luck at all andy will come along and erase this hole stinking pile of pooo you seem to think is your vindication.

a lil help here ANDY

Leave a comment:

• tigman250
    replied
    Jim, i must say that this thread is really getting old. you made a decision to crap in your bed so to speak and got banned. you made a mistake and got burned, so do the right thing and walk away from this experience with the knowledge to not do that again rather than trying to turn it arround to be Hobarts fault! i think if you go back and read all the posts in this thread you will see most everyone agrees with me, and the more you debate this matter the more you make yourself look bad.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Fishy Jim
    replied
    "you must not have looked to hard, i have had my MM135 for a lil over 2 years with great results."

James, I had my Millermatic 130XP for nearly 7 years with great results (well, as great as one could expect from a grossly underpowered machine). I figured at the time I would get rid of it and bought my TA251 (which I am very pleased with, but it still isn't built as sturdy as the machines of 20 years ago), then came to the realization that I had cut off a segment of services or put myself into needing a rental to access them again - so I looked at the new line up, the MM135 is made more poorly than my MM130XP was. It's as simple as that. Hobart "entry level" welders (well, when you look at their specs against the millers, and their construction, you could say their entire company is entry level) are cheesy. These are the machines hobart made all our posts reflect via their experiment. I stated I would suggest a TA, Lincoln, or Miller before ever suggesting a hobart. That, and I put a little jab about them being bottom of the barrel (because I truly believe you have to sink pretty low to find its equal in the 120v segment). I am entitled to that opinion. I can site reasons why I feel I am right in believing that - you have every bit as much right in disagreeing with me and offering a counter point. Hobart customer service felt that I should be banished, and my response to that, is that they cannot refute my arguments against their product lines or they would've laughed at me and proven the err of my views. Didn't happen.

Time to go use my Thermal Arc. Have a good weekend everyone.

Leave a comment:

• J hall
    replied
    Almost 2300 hits....unbelievable

Leave a comment:

• SMTatham
    replied
    Don't feed the troll............oh my fingers are typing anyway!!! FishyJim has officially sunk to troll status with this post; IMO. Let's talk about anything.........VAGUELY connected to welding....please.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    Now I'm looking for a portable job site 120v mig welder

you must not have looked to hard, i have had my MM135 for a lil over 2 years with great results. bolth with flux core and solid wire. i would have no problems at all takeing it to a job site as i know it would perform flawlessly there just as it has at home for me, bolth inside and out.and its ability to use the 8" role of wire would make it unlikely that i would need to change during any 1 job.i'm shoure with your atitude though you will likely never find a mig to suite your needs.again your loss not hobarts or miller's.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X