Banned on Hobart for not endorsing their mig tags in my posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott V
    Since some of it is the exact same as Miller stuff, what are you saying???
    I will say one thing about Hobart machines. It's made here and not in
    Malaysia like the purple one.
    My purple was made in Japan and just for the record I think that Hobart makes quality machines, even though some of them like the IM210 could use an update, ... and the HH180 could use a tweak in the upper taps ... maybe just a running production change to get the voltage a tad lower on tap 3 and 4. But the quality & and value/cost of all the products are top notch IMHO ... as is my purple "Made in Japan" machine, In My Humble Opinion, of Course Funny, if things keep going like they are you won't be able to get a Ford that was made in the USA ... or Canada either (my 1996 F250 came from up north, and a good job they made of it I can say ).
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

What did you expect? Them to let you talk bad about the product that the forum is intended to promote?When I was about 19 me and a friend of mine got pulled over on the interstate in VA. by a state trooper,my friend thought it would be a good idea to let the cop know how he felt with a hand signal.Well, VA. state troopers dont like hand signals and he pulled my friend out the window,"restrained" him and took him to jail. One month later and about $1000.00 in fines plus hours of driving(lived in NC.) My friend still thought he was treated to harshly for a speeding ticket.

Comment

I have a tigmate, and am very pleased with it for how much I spent. I don't think Hobart mig's are worth what they're charging for them, and I (along with many others) didn't appreciate them converting all my statements into incidental endorsements for their products - so I said that.

If they valued their forum as a market feedback device (which it most certainly is), then they would've respected my view, and possibly asked me what my beefs were with their welders so that they might possibly strengthen their product line (and sales figures) by making some changes where people feel they're slacking. They chose to remove my posting and picture viewing privileges instead. Frankly, it makes me want to sell my Hobart. They have a disclaimer that doesn't endorse my content, why is it I cannot have one that doesn't endorse theirs?

I know they won't miss me if I'm gone. I do, however, have proof that over 17 thousand screens flashed hobarts name across them in January because I posted there.

Thanks for the input, both for and against my position. I knew it would ruffle someones feathers. I just figured they'd be more grown up about how they dealt with it. Since they eliminated my ability to remove the sig, there's really not much I can do to remedy the situation on my end.
        Syncrowave 250DX
        Invison 354MP
        XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
        Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
        Smith O/A rig
        And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

Is the ban forever? Did they warn you? How does this work? I didnt realize so many from hobart are here too.

Comment

They pulled the plug on my posting abilities and any access to pictures and private messages. They apparently don't want to delete all the posts I have which show people cool things to make with their machines.

They want their cake... I just don't want to be misrepresented by the powers that be. I'm not against Hobart products, I just think there are better mig machines for the same or less money. The only people really pitching their stuff are trying to sell refurbs - what does that tell you? It tells me that there is a high number of problem units, and no one seems to think the retail asking price is a good buy. Hint, Hint!

I actually looked into getting refurb'd grinders when I bought my new dewalts. I found that there aren't any. These have been on the market for approaching 4 months and not one is available in b-stock through the dealers or regional repair centers (we have one up the road from where I'm working now). Referring to the D28112 - there are some d28402's with varying degrees of wear - I decided to just buy a new one for another 15 bucks.
            Syncrowave 250DX
            Invison 354MP
            XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
            Smith O/A rig

Comment

Apparently they pulled your name from the member list too. I tried to search the site for all posts by fishyjim and your member name was gone.

I understand your frustration. Perhaps you should email admin and discuss the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Carroll
                What did you expect? Them to let you talk bad about the product that the forum is intended to promote?When I was about 19 me and a friend of mine got pulled over on the interstate in VA. by a state trooper,my friend thought it would be a good idea to let the cop know how he felt with a hand signal.Well, VA. state troopers dont like hand signals and he pulled my friend out the window,"restrained" him and took him to jail. One month later and about $1000.00 in fines plus hours of driving(lived in NC.) My friend still thought he was treated to harshly for a speeding ticket.
                What name does he post under at Hobart?

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK
                  Apparently they pulled your name from the member list too. I tried to search the site for all posts by fishyjim and your member name was gone.

I understand your frustration. Perhaps you should email admin and discuss the situation.
                  Hawk ...Try to looking using "Fishy Jim" not "fishyjim". I just checked and they are still there, his "name" is gone from the member list though.
                  Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
                  Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
                  Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
                  Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

I was wondering how long that would take. Jim, I am sure you are well qualified to compare machines but I dont recall Hobart ever asking you to endorse their machines and what do you expect by giving a swift kick in the balls to someone that has treated you well. I like Hobarts forum policy too, go over to the Ford site and see how its moderated. I have never see Hobarts people come on and dispute any other machine, many of those guys have commented on other companies machines as favorable and they have been nothing but helpful, they keep to the point despite somer of the stupid crap people say. Hobart makes some fine machines and they arent all for me either, they are a bit different class but I doubt you could tell much difference between a 140 and a Linc 135 (for the most part) and its a hundred cheaper or more. I know of a lot of them sitting around body shops that have made a lot of people a lot of money for a lot of yrs. Hobart has to do what they have to do and as far as I can see they are as good of company as any, better than most and if more outfits acted like they do I would have a lot more hope for American business than I do now.

Comment

Seems like somebody got bent out of shape for nothing. I am not
                      talking Hobart either.

http://hobartwelders.com/mboard/showthread.php?t=17601

Comment

Originally posted by Sberry
                        I. Hobart has to do what they have to do and as far as I can see they are as good of company as any, better than most and if more outfits acted like they do I would have a lot more hope for American business than I do now.
                        with endorsements like that........

Cary,

Hobart had the right idea at the right time with their message board. and they have the profits to prove it. that whole thing about the *mig* link was the sharks showing their teeth, they soon realized that it was a bad idea and they pulled it.

No doubt that hobart made some really great machines in their hayday. but the quality has subsided (along with most american Corps) but they still are making machines and still making money. hobarts bread and butter is the 135-140 line. does that mean that they are good quality or because they are cheap ?

as far as their moderation goes....well I still havnt figured that one out. they will let a sixteen year old kid blab on and on cry like a b**ch and yet they go nuts over sig lines....? ( I know that first hand)

Granted Fishy wanted a reaction from them and he got it....and he is getting a reaction on this site as well. I understand where fishy is coming from and I also see where hobart is coming from. Jim knew what he was doing and Im sure that he knew what the repercusions would be......

**** I give the guy credit for standing up for what he believes in.......

dawg

Comment

Well, hobart support has stopped responding to my attempts to be civil and resolve this with their forum people.
                          Syncrowave 250DX
                          Invison 354MP
                          XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
                          Smith O/A rig

Comment

Originally posted by Fishy Jim
                            Well, hobart support has stopped responding to my attempts to be civil and resolve this with their forum people.
                            Jim, in that case I would either drop it or register with a new alias and use a hotmail or yahoo email.

Comment

Ahhh, Trout-man, ya can't piss in a guy's Post Toasties, then sit at his table and ask 'im ta pass the sugar! If you felt that strongly, the right thing to do would have been to quit the Hobart board!

I figure the fact that I hang out on the Hobart and Miller boards as much as I do is an endorsement of the product line to some extent. There are non-manufacturer sponsored bulletin boards out there. If I feel strongly about ITW's market research tactics, I guess I should be on one of them, huh?

Brian gives you credit for standing up for what you believe in, but for that to be valid, you gotta be willing to accept the consequences!

Hank
                              ...from the Gadget Garage
                              Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
                              Handler 210 w/DP3035
                              TA185TSW
                              Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

Originally posted by hankj
                                Ahhh, Trout-man, ya can't piss in a guy's Post Toasties, then sit at his table and ask 'im ta pass the sugar! If you felt that strongly, the right thing to do would have been to quit the Hobart board!

Brian gives you credit for standing up for what you believe in, but for that to be valid, you gotta be willing to accept the consequences!

Hank

Hank, thats the point that I was making in my last post.....Fishy knew well and good what would happen

this horse is starting to stink dont you think ?

dawg

Comment

Working...
                                X