Banned on Hobart for not endorsing their mig tags in my posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned on Hobart for not endorsing their mig tags in my posts

It appears that Hobart didn't like my sig line response to their changing the intentions of my posts with hyperlinked key words. That, and they didn't like my disputing Burkelusa's stolen, but for sale, sandblaster plans back in November. These two instances are their sole justification for banning me.

This was 2 days before the end of my monthly cycle on photobucket. I get about 200 hits from other sites, but the vast majority of these are from the Hobart forums.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...ketJanuary.jpg

I'd say with 17000 hits on my posts, they could show me a little more respect.

So anyways, I am not allowed to post over there anymore, and this is why.

What do you guys think?
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

I've got a bit of a haven for members banned from other sites. You should check it out, http://www.weldingwiki.com

Comment

Any links contained within my posts which were placed there by ME (and not the board authorities) will be clearly visible as to where they are taking you. I do not endorse Hobart wire feed products and would steer you towards a Thermal Arc, Lincoln, or Miller before ever recommending a Hobart MIG as they are of lower build quality than nearly everything else in their class.
      Geez, Jim, perhaps you expected them to roll out the red carpet & ask you to become a product tester???

I would imagine Miller would also ban anyone whose sig line read like that (substitute Miller for Hobart).
      Barry Milton

HTP Invertig 201
      HTP MIG2400

Miller Trailblazer 302, Spoolmatic 30A, Suitcase 12RC
      Clarke Hotshot

Comment

Well since you asked, IMHO that statement was a bit over the top concidering that Hobart has always in the past, and continues to now, produce some very nice, affordable equipment, again thats my opinion.
        Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
        Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
        Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
        Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Originally posted by Fishy Jim
          I'd say with 17000 hits on my posts, they could show me a little more respect.

What do you guys think?
          I think they will survive without you. Since you asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishy Jim
            So anyways, I am not allowed to post over there anymore, and this is why.

What do you guys think?
            Without tip-toeing around the issue, I think you are out of line.
            hre

Comment

i dought you were banned for saying you didnt like the MIG substitute. maybee it was the way you said it ?????

miller has never banned me for saying i disliked one of there changes. i have always given them my reason and did it politely, you know like member feed back like, dislike the new change and why.
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

Actually, I was just over on the Hobart site and Fishy Jim's post don't show with the usual "banned" instead of "senior member".

If you've be banned, sorry but then you have to watch whose pot you piss in. Remember MY house, My rules! It worked for my Dad.

BTW - I've never had those types of substitutions made on any of my post or show up on posts by others. It could have been a hacker of some sort tweeking your melon.
                Bob Sigmon
                A/O Setup with Meco Midget
                Miller Big Window Elite
                Quincy QT-5HD

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sigmon
                  Actually, I was just over on the Hobart site and Fishy Jim's post don't show with the usual "banned" instead of "senior member".

If you've be banned, sorry but then you have to watch whose pot you piss in. Remember MY house, My rules! It worked for my Dad.

BTW - I've never had those types of substitutions made on any of my post or show up on posts by others. It could have been a hacker of some sort tweeking your melon.
                  Hackers like to find volatile threads to fool with; it just stirs the pot more. I have seen my user name used to post pretty bad stuff to another board member; fortunately he knew better, but that stuff is not good for the climate.

Comment

Originally posted by Coalsmoke
                    Without tip-toeing around the issue, I think you are out of line.
                    i would be upset about a sig like that too it's their rules if you don't wish to conform you will be asked to leave.

life is full of rules you have to follow, you can't drive down the wrong side of the road because you want to....if you do you could face dicipline. same thing here.
                    The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

Comment

Originally posted by tigman250
                      i would be upset about a sig like that too it's their rules if you don't wish to conform you will be asked to leave.

life is full of rules you have to follow, you can't drive down the wrong side of the road because you want to....if you do you could face dicipline. same thing here.
                      Jim I have to agree with TIG on this one....**** im NO saint when it comes to sig lines but the fact is that its hobarts site and if you want to play you have to play by their rules.....

I want to know what you were expecting with that sig line ?

I know that your smart enough to have come up with a better sig line then that and still have gotten your point across....who pissed in your cherieos ?

dawg

Comment

Quote:
                        Any links contained within my posts which were placed there by ME (and not the board authorities) will be clearly visible as to where they are taking you. I do not endorse Hobart wire feed products and would steer you towards a Thermal Arc, Lincoln, or Miller before ever recommending a Hobart MIG as they are of lower build quality than nearly everything else in their class.

Gee...Why did you beat around the bush like that??? ??? Why didn't you just come right out & tell them what you think????
                        Syncrowave 180 SD
                        MM185 with 3035 Spool gun
                        1971 Roughneck 1e
                        Stars-n-Stripes BWE
                        Optrel Satellite OSE
                        ESAB 875 Plasma Torch
                        Lincoln 200SA Diesel
                        O/A Set
                        Century 250A/C-D/C BuzzBox
                        1.5 kVA Spot Welder
                        Phoenix Electrode Conditioning Oven

Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
                        My own shop since 1981

Cya Frank

Comment

Not to take sides here or anything but you did kind of come out a little harsh in saying that their equip. was low quality on their own website. Even though we all know that it is.
                          When in doubt Weld It

Comment

Originally posted by Klugger7214
                            Not to take sides here or anything but you did kind of come out a little harsh in saying that their equip. was low quality on their own website. Even though we all know that it is.
                            Since some of it is the exact same as Miller stuff, what are you saying???
                            I will say one thing about Hobart machines. It's made here and not in
                            Malaysia like the purple one.

Comment

I will say one thing about Hobart machines. It's made here and not in Malaysia like the purple one.
                              Scott, you beat me to the punch

Amazing, isn't it? We attempt to crush the Vietnamese in the 1960's, and fourty years later we buy welding machines from a country that borders the same Gulf of Thailand.
                              Barry Milton

HTP Invertig 201
                              HTP MIG2400

Miller Trailblazer 302, Spoolmatic 30A, Suitcase 12RC
                              Clarke Hotshot

Comment

Working...
                              X