No announcement yet.

anyone by there welder online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Red PT185 was kind of an odd story... I got an email from my dad's business associate askign which one I wanted, I spent some time online and picked this one, emailed back to him. He called a shop in Coquitlam here, they deleivered it. The first one had a manufacturers defect, so it was picked up, and a brand new one delivered about 3 days later.

Comment

Bought mine from IOC

They use overnight to ship it, problems I had were.

They let the package sit in the warehouse for a day, I finally called them up and they said I needed to call sooner to set up an appointment. I was never told that.

Then the guy needed help getting it off the pallet truck. No biggy, until he swung the pallet jack up the drive way and the 200 synchowave almost went flying off the pallet. I had to grab for it, the guy did nothing. But besides that, all went well.

Pallet service was free
      http://www.rcautoworks.com

Comment

Cyberweld, BR, IOC, have all been very good providers for me on diffrent machinery. They all have received pretty good size orders and the service has been spot on. No damage, knock on wood, No DOA from Miller & the one service issue was not an issue with Miller and their support.

My local guys know they have not met the prices & they (3 shops) feel it is not in their interest to meet them, they still give me great service & supply.
        I am a beliver in the purchase of all accessories from the local shop & don't mess with the shipping issue.
        300' of lead, new & better ground clamp, stinger, tig torches ect. keep the peace and relationship pretty good not to mention all the consumables

I don't undestand from my point of view, why not sell a machine @ a competitive scale knowing I am gonna throw 300.00 plus in accessories just to get started.
        Laurence

Comment

I don't undestand from my point of view, why not sell a machine @ a competitive scale knowing I am gonna throw 300.00 plus in accessories just to get started.
          i figured the same thing when i went shopping for my welder and plasma, but they were several hundred over OIC, thats saying a lot when you are talking about a MM135 ,a sp125-c, and a BWE, all on seperate ocations. but they wouldnt budge still got all my buisness on the consumables, wire, tank's, and gas. never any hard feeling from them about me buying the machines on line though so i happily do all my day to day need's there.

FWIW, mine were all shiped DHL and came in fast and clean. all depends on the shipper you get that day i guess.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

It does make you wonder what business they are in. I would believe selling 3000.00 at 5% profit (or whatever the web profit is) or 0 at 0% for a phone call, get's me

Comment

Originally posted by lramberson
              It does make you wonder what business they are in. I would believe selling 3000.00 at 5% profit (or whatever the web profit is) or 0 at 0% for a phone call, get's me
              Something we have not mentioned yet, and I thought of it while driving around this morning. IOC, B&R and Quimby all drop ship from the nearest Miller warehouse. This is much cheaper for them than paying freight from Miller to them and then to the customer; also, they don't have to pay for the machine until it sells. A guy who can't or won't do that doesn't save that margin. When I bought, my regular dealer didn't sell machines, just gases and supplies, so I didn't have a dealer that I "owed" the business to. In retrospect I wish I had checked with a dealer 3 miles from the house. Their price was less than IOC before the sales tax.

Comment

Originally posted by popsmrf
                i am wanting to order a 210 and can't help but be tempted to order it from quimbys on ebay. at almost $1300 thats a bargain and saving me about a hundred in tax. they even have free shipping. how could i go wrong with that any input will be appreciated.
                Quimby's is our local Miller dealer based in Portland, OR. they are a legit outfit that has been in business in the same location for half a century.
                rvannatta
                www.vannattabros.com
                Miller Bobcat 225G
                Miller Big 40 ('79 gasser)<gone>
                Miller 375 Plasma cutter<gone>
                Lincoln Vantage 400
                Lincoln Pro-Cut 80

Comment

Originally posted by popsmrf
                  i am wanting to order a 210 and can't help but be tempted to order it from quimbys on ebay. at almost $1300 thats a bargain and saving me about a hundred in tax. they even have free shipping. how could i go wrong with that any input will be appreciated.
                  I buy alot from Quimby's.... They're a good solid outfit and have done me verrrry well.
                  Do yourself a favor: Don't just buy it off their Ebay webpage.
                  Call Tom Minkler directly at 1-866-332-7018 (keep in mind they are on the west coast, time differences etc.) and tell him Larry from Louisiana sent you his way (no, I don't get a commission or anything). Tom has done me pretty good on the pricing on a lot of welding stuff, including Miller machines and equipment. Sometimes even less than what's listed on their web site. Get him to quote you a new 210 w/free shipping. It can't hurt and might save you a little denaro to spend on some other stuff.
                  Oh BTW, I see this is like your first or second post on here.
                  Let me say Welcome to the forum!! Lots of great guys with tons of experience on here. You will find this place has great info and some good entertainment from time to time.
                  Let us know how you make out with the machine.....MM210 is an awesome welder and has a BIG following on here....me included!

MM210 w/3035 Spooler
                  Stars & Stripes BWE signed by Andy

TA185TSW w/Miller Radiator 1
                  Miller Spectrum 125C
                  Victor O/A
                  Parker Plasma 40

Comment

Originally posted by lgjhn
                    I buy alot from Quimby's.... They're a good solid outfit and have done me verrrry well.
                    Do yourself a favor: Don't just buy it off their Ebay webpage.
                    Call Tom Minkler directly at 1-866-332-7018 (keep in mind they are on the west coast, time differences etc.) and tell him Larry from Louisiana sent you his way (no, I don't get a commission or anything). Tom has done me pretty good on the pricing on a lot of welding stuff, including Miller machines and equipment. Sometimes even less than what's listed on their web site. Get him to quote you a new 210 w/free shipping. It can't hurt and might save you a little denaro to spend on some other stuff.
                    If you are in the area---Quimby actaully has service as well. They have a 'welder shop' that actaully fixes things. A few years ago our Big 40 died
                    (had AC power but no weld) and we packed it in to them. they mechanics attacked the thing and fixed it that same day so we didn't have to make a second trip to town. --- It needed a rectifier chip. When you go to their shop, you even get a hint as to why the name. --- they have a block square building in a very old part of Northwest Portland---the part where the street names are alpha one direction and numeric the other. the Q street in Portland is "Quimby" One side of their building, though not the front door with the address is on Quimby street. We bought our bobcat from them.

Our most recent purchases were the wrong color to come from them, but if they had been blue---they would have been the dealer of choice although there are others---because they service what they sell, and a dealer with a service department and a parts department is worth something.
                    rvannatta
                    www.vannattabros.com
                    Miller Bobcat 225G
                    Miller Big 40 ('79 gasser)<gone>
                    Miller 375 Plasma cutter<gone>
                    Lincoln Vantage 400
                    Lincoln Pro-Cut 80

Comment

About a year ago I decided to up grade my welding outfit( old and under powered, limited abilities, kind a like me lol). So I checked the internet for prices thoroughly. Then shoped around localy. Airgas got my business. Since then, two portables, two spoolguns, plasma cutter, tanks, torches, and consumables. I am still old and under powered but my tools have increased my abilities, what used to be more of a hobby turned into a full time welding job. I get great service and freebies from my local dealer. Hard to do that from the internet. Though i have spent more than most people, 10,000 plus, I still wouldn't do it any other way. Airgas and miller have raised my life style. Happy welding!
                      250NT/ 3545 MM210/ 3035 Trailblazer 302

Comment

B &amp; r Welder

i bought my dynasty from B & R Welder in white plains maryland. they guy there is bob. really nice fellow and good prices. they are on ebay also.

My other options were some local shop, and one that had a really nasty reputation...

Comment

popsmrf,you can e-mail me @ [email protected]

Comment

I purchased my Econotig from Cyberweld and it arrived the next day. It was shipped from the local Miller warehouse. When I purchased the MM175 from Cyberweld it was shipped from New Jersey. I really like not having to pay for shipping and no California sales tax. Cyberweld has been great to deal with.
                            Econotig
                            MM175

Comment

I have to call BRWelder AGAIN. I ordered a Tweco gun for my feeder a month ago based on the recommendation of the guy while I was on the phone with him. So I pay for it, and then it's backordered. "4-6 days more" was his last E-mail to me, two weeks ago...
                              I did get my BWE and new Tillman jacket from them, quite satisfactorily, but this gun is getting on my nerves...
                              You'd think if he's going to recommend it while I'm on the phone, he'd at least have it stock??

I have to order another HH135 from www.toolking.com because a friend of mine that's moving to Texas this weekend is going to buy mine for what I paid for it so he can take it with him. And I still want a 120V feeder, so I hope they are back in stock of the B-grade recons. That's the best deal going.

Hey, Don, they are moving to San Antonio; that's near you ain't it?

Comment

local

I tried to buy a MillerMatic locally but the Airgas dealer would not even get close to ther online boys..I told him if he could get within $50.00 I'd buy from him but he said it wasn't worth the trouble to sell one if you were going to sell it for nothing. He said the online dealers buy the welders cheaper because they buy so many more.
                                Farros
                                Gone But Never Forgotten!

Comment

Working...
                                X