X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eli
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by eli View Post
    Gary.good job on the trailer, I just finish looking at the pictures and if you don't mind can you e mail me the plans of the trailer I am going to attempt to make one for my welding machine is a miller legend nt tank you in advance.
    e mail them to [email protected]

Comment

• Bistineau
      • May 2011

First time I've seen this thread. Like everyone has already said, Nice job on the trailer. Since you mentioned in the thread that linked to this one, that you are still using it as is, could you put up a few pics of what it looks like now? Whatever little battle damage and all it has encountered since it has been in use.

Comment

• pitsmoker
        • Mar 2014

What KB said.

Comment

• koolken
          • May 2013

I will totally build me a trailer like this! Awesome... Now if you would kindly email me the plans they would be greatly appreciated!
          [email protected]
          Thanx

Comment

• garybdavis
            • Apr 2007

9 years later I guess it's time for an update but there's not much to say other than I was out yesterday with it welding fence bracing. The welding trailer pretty much looks the same as it did in 2006. I do keep it inside the shop so it gets a little dusty but that's about it. Since 2006, I moved to the family ranch and built a house, shop and numerous fencing brace and a cattle corral with 3000 feet of pipe. The only changes I've had to make are the lid supports. The original ones gave out and I put new ones on.

When I built my house, I put in a 240v/50A inlet so I could use the generator function in case of power outages. I've used that only once or twice but it works very well. I can run just about anything and everything in the house except for the big AC unit.

I've gotten numerous emails from folks wanting the design plans. I've probably emailed out a couple dozen or so. So far, only one guy has sent me pictures back of the completed unit. His layout was almost exactly the same but with a few mods.

Thanks for all the kind comments. I'll post some updated pics soon.

PS, if you want me to email you plans, send me an email directly: [email protected] (yopu need to take out the 777 - it's there to fool the automated email trolls).
            Millermatic 35
            Miller TB302G
            Ellis 1800
            Smith & Victor Torches
            Optrel Satellite
            Arcair K4000
            Ingersoll-Rand 175CFM Diesel Air Compressor
            Home Made Welding Trailer

Comment

• garybdavis
              • Apr 2007

Here are some pics of the trailer. It's been over ten years later and she's still doing her job. Admittedly, I don't have a tremendous number of hours on the welder, but I've built A LOT of fence bracing, and hung too many gates to count. I still get emails requesting the design plans. I've had a couple of guys send me pictures of their finished rigs and they looked pretty good. One guy even drove out to meet me and show off his trailer.

Happy welding,
              Gary
              Attached Files
              Millermatic 35
              Miller TB302G
              Ellis 1800
              Smith & Victor Torches
              Optrel Satellite
              Arcair K4000
              Ingersoll-Rand 175CFM Diesel Air Compressor
              Home Made Welding Trailer

Comment

• Aeronca41
                • Jun 2014

Gary, that is just beautiful work, and it looks like it's still pretty much like new. Thank you for posting the original project, and the updates. I have admired your work since first finding this thread several years ago. Awesome!

Comment

• tarry99
                  • Mar 2012

Nice Trailer...............glad you took some pictures cause it will never look that good again!

Comment

• SamChalfant
                    • Oct 2018

Very nice, could I possibly get the plans for it?
                    my email is [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                    X