mm210 enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mm210 enough?

hey guys/gals tax season has come my way and it's time to get my welder. im new at this so help me out. im pretty set on a millermatic 210 since im gonna be doing some bumpers, skid plates, some light bars, and eventually my cage. i should be ok with the mm210, right . just asking for opinions. and how well does the spoolmate work on alum.(weld quality/penetration) thanks for the help . have a great day

The MM210 is a great choice IMO, and the spoolgun works fine on thicker aluminum.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

thanks for the opinion. hopefully more will chime in

Comment

I'm with George all the way. I've built some Ag implements for the neighbors out of 3/8 with it, as well as made a new 16 ga. mulching cover for the mower. Same machine! And, the spoolgun is handy for a lot of things besides just welding aluminum. Patching the roof of a horse trailer where a tree limb had punched a hole in it comes to mind....beats trying to lift that 210 up there!

Hank
        ...from the Gadget Garage
        Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
        Handler 210 w/DP3035
        TA185TSW
        Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

thanks again.

Comment

Sundown will have to tell you how his spoolmate works, but the MM210 is great for anything up to 3/8". If you had to, you could slip in a little 1/2". The MM210 is probably the #1 welder on this forum or Hoabrt's Weld Talk.

Comment

I have one .. love it .. never regretted the purchase and I love it and I can weld just about anything that comes my way within the specs of the machine... and I love it and you will too
              MM210 w/3035
              Next up - Sync 200

Comment

DITTO what everyone else said, wish i had a MM210, i have its predecessor the MM 185 with the same spoolgun. Great welder...Bob
                Bob Wright

Comment

Hey, SoCal, time to change your sig line!! Does the Synch 200 being out help the choice any??

Comment

You'll like this machine alot. I mostly run .030 solid wire with C25 for steel and .035 type 4043 wire for aluminum with argon gas.

Comment

I've had my MM 210 for over 4 years now and you can't go wrong if you buy one. I repair construction equipment and very very few times do I need a bigger machine. When I do I have a Miller Dialarc 250 I use. I think I've used the Dialarc 3 times in 4 years.
                      I've used 250 class MIG's for years and the 210 will keep up with them on most of the welding you will see day to day. If you are welding over 1/2" or for 8 hours a day every day the 210 would come up short. But it's not for that use.
                      The spool gun is a great option. If you haven't welded Aluminum with one it takes practice but works great when you get the hang of it. As hankj said it is valuable for more than just Alum. It gives you a 25' lead for hard to reach areas. Also you can switch to .023 wire quickly for special repairs or even quick change to do Stainless. Easier than rethreading the regular torch and you only need to buy and stock the small rolls of wire.

Comment

MAC702 .. done .. went and changed it ... and yes I think the Sync 200 is the next one
                        MM210 w/3035
                        Next up - Sync 200

Comment

Hi there! I have a MM 210 & 3035 in the shop, I do fab and repairs on you name it! Wouldn't have a different outfit at all. can't say enough good about the set-up. Happy welding!
                          250NT/ 3545 MM210/ 3035 Trailblazer 302

Comment

thanks everyone for the great replies. now i know i'm going in the right direction for sure.

Comment

Better late than never....
                              I bought the MM210 and the 3035 spooler as well.....haven't regretted the purchase yet. I use mine mostly for sheetmetal work so I switched over from the supplied M-25 gun to an M-15 gun and some .030" powder-core wire....absolutely works great on sheetmetal. For heavier mild steel stuff, I use Lincoln's L56 E70S-6 .030" wire...its an amazing combination!!!
                              I highly doubt that you will regret purchasing this welder. IF you did a search, you'll find that the MM210 seems to be the "bread/butter" welder of the line up and probably gets more positive reviews/feedback than most of the other machines. This machine with .030" wire is totally awesome....almost like it was designed for it.
                              You might want to contact Paul Caddo. He had a brand new unused MM210 on here for $1000 just a few weeks ago.....he may still have it. Not sure where you're located though. I think Paul is over in the Atlanta area.
                              IF you get one, let us know your impression/comments, etc.

MM210 w/3035 Spooler
                              Stars & Stripes BWE signed by Andy

TA185TSW w/Miller Radiator 1
                              Miller Spectrum 125C
                              Victor O/A
                              Parker Plasma 40

Comment

Working...
                              X