Miller price increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Engloid
    Tarriffs accomplish one major objective....they jack the prices of imported goods, such that the domestic goods can be price-cometitive.

So, rather than CHOOSE to pay a bit more for a domestic product, you will then have to pay the higher price for either one..without choice. Hmmmmm

How about we try to make domestic products cheaper than they are currently being made? How about we start requiring people to actually WORK while at work, rather than hire worthless people and let the hard workers carry their asses all day long?

There's reasons that many imported products are cheaper. We can all sit back and blame it on things THEY are doing wrong, or we can think about the things we have control over... the things WE are doing wrong.
    Well half the value of an engine drive welder is already made overseas.
    that being the engine half. --- Of the diesels you depending on size get a a Kubota, (japan), Perkins (england) or Deutz (not detroit).

Now of course CAT owns Perkins, so maybe you can think of that as a domestic engine???

Even of the gassers, the Robin is made by Suburu. the kohler is a domestic name, but so was Onan I don't know where it is made.
    rvannatta
    www.vannattabros.com
    Miller Bobcat 225G
    Miller Big 40 ('79 gasser)<gone>
    Miller 375 Plasma cutter<gone>
    Lincoln Vantage 400
    Lincoln Pro-Cut 80

Comment

Tarriffs accomplish one major objective....they jack the prices of imported goods, such that the domestic goods can be price-cometitive.
      I agree. Not sure if anyone remembers when the US Govt decided to tarriff the heck out of softwood lumber without properly allowing for better harvesting within america. The result being that you most definitely didn't want to be the one having to pay the bill for a large lumber purchase, say, like for building a house. Not sure what the final economic impacts were, but I'm pretty sure it did a fair amount of damage. I do know one contractor who lost about 25% of his workload as a direct result, so if that's any sort of reflection on the rest of the market, it equals bad news all around.
      hre

Comment

The Right Attitude

There's reasons that many imported products are cheaper. We can all sit back and blame it on things THEY are doing wrong, or we can think about the things we have control over... the things WE are doing wrong.
        This is the right attitude -- the kind of thinking that "gets things done" vs. "whines".

We owe it to ourselves and country to make sure certain corrections are made: China should be forced to properly float their currency and should be sanctioned for rampant piracy and IP theft, for example.

But mostly, if even 10% of the population asked "how can I make a difference" instead of "I've got it soooooo hard" this country would be untouchable in the world market.
        BigDTig, Dallas, Texas
        Miller Dynasty 200DX
        Coolmate III Cooler
        Miller Spectrum 125C
        Ellis 1600 Band Saw
        Ellis 9400 Drill Press

Comment

hey guys Miller hasnt had a price increase since July, lincoln just put one through starts Feb,1 Maybe the IOC or other internet sales are realizing you cant live on 5% margins or lower I know as a distributor I cant make a living with margins that low

Comment

Working...
          X