1 1/4" to 1/2" wheel hole adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 1/4" to 1/2" wheel hole adapter?

Anybody know of an off the shelf step down bushing that will allow me to mount a diamond wheel (designed for a tool grinder) with a 1 1/4" hole to a standard bench grinder with a 1/2" arbor? I don't really want to make my own if possible.

I guess it goes without saying that this is for tungsten grinding. These wheels can be picked up for under $60 on ebay.

Thanks for any help!

--Matt

Here you go, the exact link won’t come up, but type in “bushing”, or “Plain Bearings”

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Comment

I made mine from a short piece of 2" aluminum rod stock, as it was easily turned, drilled & bored to size. The advantage to this is you can bore for the shaft and obtain a perfect fit, no matter if your grinder shaft is .495 or .502 or anywhere in between. Without rechucking, you can turn the OD for a perfect fit in the wheel - most run dead nuts 1.2500, +/- one or two tenths.

By custom making the adaptor, you guarantee zero runout, both axially & radially. If you don't have the ability to do this, most job shops should be able to turn one out in an hour's total time, to your exact specs.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...n/101_0514.jpg
      Barry Milton

HTP Invertig 201
      HTP MIG2400

Miller Trailblazer 302, Spoolmatic 30A, Suitcase 12RC
      Clarke Hotshot

Comment

I dont know if it will go as big as 1 1/4", but the wheels i get at Graingers come with bushings installed. Just remove them until the desired size.
        LICENSED ELECTRICIAN
        BAKERY MECHANIC

Comment

Try www.grainger.com this is an awesome help for me on most things like this.
          Good luck,

Comment

Working...
          X