X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scottw
    replied
    Malibu

Hi There, I actually never completely finished the car. I decided to buy a house and had to clear some of my toys. I do have some other pics. I will see what I can dig up. I did get some from the guy that completed the car but I am not sure where they are. I loved the car, I wish I could have finished it. The guy that bought it didn't do as nice of a job as I had wanted. The car does run low 10's in the quarter and hooks nice and straight according to him. It was my second "tub" job the first I did when I was 15. It was a 78 Regal. I will see if I can find the pics for that. I did finish it. It ran in the low 12's.

scott

Leave a comment:

• 1fasbu
    replied
    nice malibu bumper

Scottw: Mine is a 78', I'd recognize that bumper anywhere, can you post complete pics of this car? I'd love to see them .
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• scottw
    replied
    projects?!?

Fun4now: yes I made the bucket also. It is actually quite easy. Once the sides are made, you just bend the bottom plate around them, tacking as you go. It is only 1/8 plate so it does bend somewhat easy.

Pat, I would love to see the plant. I hear that they make everything there! There aren't many products these days that are made totally(or mostly) in the us or canada. I did a Mapquest search and it is about a 12hr drive for me . That would defianetly be a solo trip without the wife and kids! As for help with other projects, as you can see I have lots to do ! .

scott

Leave a comment:

• Pat
    replied
    scottw,

Welcome to the forum. It sure looks like you take great pride in your metal working projects.........good job. If by chance you do come to Wisconsin and tour the Miller facillity, why don't you plan a few extra days so you can come over to my place (just a few hours South of Appleton) and get me squared away (do) with a few projects I have put on the back burner because of a lack of time, patience, and skill level. This would also help you to keep from getting welders deprivation while you are away from your shop for an extended period......ha ha............again, excellent job.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    Welcome

great looking stuff.
    did you make the bucket too ??
    looks better than most the stuff ya see in the store

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    ScottW:
    Welcome aboard, and it is really cool to see projects like these you've posted. It looks like your specialty might be in hydraulic applications, those are above average difficulty projects, and I may need some of your help mid 2006. Great stuff, keep up the great work and let us know if we can help in any way.

Peace,

Leave a comment:

• scottw
    replied
    Any comments/suggestions on my tig welding would be appreciated. I am still learning. It does seem very similar to O/A welding.

scottw

Leave a comment:

• Stick rod
    replied
    Scott,
    Welcome aboard and as stated before very nice projects.Keep them coming.

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    nice beads

nice beads on those sprockets looks good and welcome aboard.

Leave a comment:

• scottw
    replied
    thanks!

Thanks for all your encouraging replies and compliments! I am just a home hobbiest that likes to test his wife's patience! I started welding at a very young age. My dad started showing me how to weld when I was about 9. I just took highschool welding classes from grade 9-12. My father always beleived that you should always encourage a kid. Sometimes he did it in a "bet you can't" way, because he knew I was stubborn! I am alot older now, but he still gets me with the "bet you can't" line! ! Lastyear I added a Bridgeport mill to my toy collection. Hopefully that will help with building some nicer projects. The backhoe was built with a $50 tabletop drillpress!

As for the backhoe, yes I had plans for that. I ordered them from cdp-backhoe.com. I found his plans and design to be the best for my needs. The skidsteer is just a build as I go project. It has been fun. I have been practicing my tigwelding some on the sprockets. I LOVE that machine. Tig is alot of fun.

scottw

Leave a comment:

• frank865
    replied
    Hello & Welcome
    Did you work from plans on the backhoe? I'm building one now (bought CAD Plans) I used the same angle in the main boom that you did, it just made more sense than the straight one in the plans. I'll post some pics this summer when I drag it back out & finish it.

Leave a comment:

• bigdogjoe62
    replied
    Nice work welcome aboard keep us up on your work

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    scottw,

Welcome! Neat projects. I do a lot of repair work so it's nice to see quality fabbed from the ground level up! Keep the pictures coming.

Leave a comment:

• fyoung
    replied
    Great work

That looks like some top notch work..I'd say you can build about anything you set your mind to. Please keep us posted with pictures on all your projects!

Leave a comment:

• jpross1
    replied
    Very nice work

I really enjoyed seeing your work, which is really top notch.
    You obdiously have agreat deal of talent.
    Thanks for posting the pictures. I hope that you will post more later.
    Thanks, John

Leave a comment:

Working...
X