Long time lurker introduction <pics>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time lurker introduction <pics>

I have been lurking around here for quite some time. I have enjoyed everyones post and have learned quite a bit. I am a longtime Miller fan. All the machines I have bought have always been Miller. I started out with a Miller "cricket" 110v mig. I had that machine for about 15yrs without any issues. My next machines were a Millermatic 210 and a syncrowave 180. I also have a Spectrum 300 plasma.

The only issue I have ever had was with the plasma. I made a simple email to Millers tech support and I must say their support was amazing! Scott H was extremely helpful. He went above and beyond my expectations. I am definately glad I have been a loyal Miller customer. Someday I will have to take a feild trip down there from Canada just to shake that guys hand, and of course see the facilities!

He figured you guys might enjoy some of my projects, so here are some pictures.

Scottw
    Attached Files

My latest project- Skidsteer Loader

Here is my latest project. It is a small skid steer loader. The machine is 35.5" wide. It is still far from complete. It is just one of those build as I go projects. Here are a few pictures:

Scottw
    Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the forums. Nice projects - I like the back hoe the best!
      David W.
      Machines: Millermatic Passport; Millermatic 350P, Dynasty 300DX TIGRunner, TD Cutmaster 51 Plasma, Hypertherm 190C Plasma,
      Machinery and Project Pictures: Click Here

Comment

Great projects. Someday I might try to build a bucket for my JD 425 Garden tractor.

Dennis
        Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
        Millermatic Challenger 172
        VictorO/A
        Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
        Esab PCM-875
        Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

Comment

Very nice work

I really enjoyed seeing your work, which is really top notch.
          You obdiously have agreat deal of talent.
          Thanks for posting the pictures. I hope that you will post more later.
          Thanks, John

Comment

Great work

That looks like some top notch work..I'd say you can build about anything you set your mind to. Please keep us posted with pictures on all your projects!
            Gone But Never Forgotten!

Comment

scottw,

Welcome! Neat projects. I do a lot of repair work so it's nice to see quality fabbed from the ground level up! Keep the pictures coming.

Comment

Nice work welcome aboard keep us up on your work

Comment

Hello & Welcome
                  Did you work from plans on the backhoe? I'm building one now (bought CAD Plans) I used the same angle in the main boom that you did, it just made more sense than the straight one in the plans. I'll post some pics this summer when I drag it back out & finish it.
                  Syncrowave 180 SD
                  MM185 with 3035 Spool gun
                  1971 Roughneck 1e
                  Stars-n-Stripes BWE
                  Optrel Satellite OSE
                  ESAB 875 Plasma Torch
                  Lincoln 200SA Diesel
                  O/A Set
                  Century 250A/C-D/C BuzzBox
                  1.5 kVA Spot Welder
                  Phoenix Electrode Conditioning Oven

Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
                  My own shop since 1981

Cya Frank

Comment

thanks!

Thanks for all your encouraging replies and compliments! I am just a home hobbiest that likes to test his wife's patience! I started welding at a very young age. My dad started showing me how to weld when I was about 9. I just took highschool welding classes from grade 9-12. My father always beleived that you should always encourage a kid. Sometimes he did it in a "bet you can't" way, because he knew I was stubborn! I am alot older now, but he still gets me with the "bet you can't" line! ! Lastyear I added a Bridgeport mill to my toy collection. Hopefully that will help with building some nicer projects. The backhoe was built with a $50 tabletop drillpress!

As for the backhoe, yes I had plans for that. I ordered them from cdp-backhoe.com. I found his plans and design to be the best for my needs. The skidsteer is just a build as I go project. It has been fun. I have been practicing my tigwelding some on the sprockets. I LOVE that machine. Tig is alot of fun.

scottw

Comment

nice beads

nice beads on those sprockets looks good and welcome aboard.
                      BB402D
                      TB300D
                      DIMENSION652
                      MM250X
                      MAXSTAR140
                      S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
                      HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Scott,
                        Welcome aboard and as stated before very nice projects.Keep them coming.

Comment

Any comments/suggestions on my tig welding would be appreciated. I am still learning. It does seem very similar to O/A welding.

scottw

Comment

ScottW:
                            Welcome aboard, and it is really cool to see projects like these you've posted. It looks like your specialty might be in hydraulic applications, those are above average difficulty projects, and I may need some of your help mid 2006. Great stuff, keep up the great work and let us know if we can help in any way.

Peace,

Comment

Welcome

great looking stuff.
                              did you make the bucket too ??
                              looks better than most the stuff ya see in the store
                              thanks for the help
                              ......or..........
                              hope i helped
                              sigpic
                              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                              JAMES

Comment

Working...
                              X