Old Miller Dialarc 250 -AC DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Miller Dialarc 250 -AC DC

I have an opportunity to buy an old Dialarc 250 stick welder. I have no idea how much the thing is worth and the owner wants me to make him an offer. Physically its in good shape with just a little rust and dust. Works great.

Does anyone know how much it is worth or how old it is? Serial No. HH078486

They are a good old machine, yours should be a 1977 model
    Jeff

Comment

I bought a Dialarc HF, which I gather is pretty much the same machine without the high frequency for TIG. It is a might machine! Smooooth arc!

I paid about $250 for mine, but got a deal as it was rusty, dented and had a loose power chord, which made for intermittent operation. I cleaned it up, knocked out the dents, painted with Miller blue paint and with some new decals and a power cord, it is a sweet machine. Very heavy. Mine has the factory running gears, if I decide to move it around in my basement.

I see them on e-bay for sale, that is a good place to start pricing. BTW, a Lincoln Idealarc AC/DC is a close match. Price them too for reference.

Good luck,
      Bill
      Bill
      Miller Dialarc HF

Comment

well going by the auction i was just at i would say in the 2 to 3 hundred range
        Miller aerowave full feature
        Lincoln power mig 300 with prince gun
        dynasty 200 dx
        lincoln sp 135 plus
        302 trailblazer
        s22p12
        powcon starcut
        cp 400 metal spray

Comment

my father just purchased one for $450 but it was from a tech center and was MINT almost looked new!
          The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

Comment

Dialarc 250 HF

I've had a 1978 vintage Dialarc HF-P for three years now. It's a great machine. I use it with an older Radiator 1A cooler and a WP-20 torch. Can't say enough about the stability of the arc and the clean welds it produces. My friend has a newer Miller Syncro 180 SD and for his complex welds he uses my old machine.

Truely a marvel of Miller engineering.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by rasommer
              I've had a 1978 vintage Dialarc HF-P for three years now. It's a great machine. I use it with an older Radiator 1A cooler and a WP-20 torch. Can't say enough about the stability of the arc and the clean welds it produces. My friend has a newer Miller Syncro 180 SD and for his complex welds he uses my old machine.

Truely a marvel of Miller engineering.

Ray
              tywrap the first 2 or 3' of the work and torch leads together from the machine end, and you'll suddenly have a better more stabil weld..

Works with all non-squarewave equipment

As well as, the HF won't effect phones, alarm, house or business equipment any longer either.

Just a thought from a welder t-shooter...

Comment

be carefull at high current draw when building a "choke" you can easily blow your hf board out when on A/C.
                Trailblazer 302g
                coolmate4
                hf-251d-1
                super s-32p
                you can never know enough

Comment

Who's bulding a choke? there is already a choke on the HF boards of all Millers.

My way of reducing HF loss does not effect draw, and merely stops the hunting

Comment

Working...
                  X