No announcement yet.

Pics of my new shop .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the powcon works great but i hate plasma cutters make the walls in the shop orange . i think i will only use it outdoors or get some kind of vent system for it . new torch made a big difference.
    Miller aerowave full feature
    Lincoln power mig 300 with prince gun
    dynasty 200 dx
    lincoln sp 135 plus
    302 trailblazer
    s22p12
    powcon starcut
    cp 400 metal spray

Comment

Where abouts are you? I'm in maple ridge.

Comment

More importantly, where's your shop, where do you hide the spare key, and is there an alarm?

Comment

If you try to break into Dan's shop, let me know first. I want to get a camera so I can see what his "friendly puppies" will do to you.
          hre

Comment

can you explain

Originally posted by dandimand
            2000 sq ft with a 14' ceiling and it has a 12'x12' overhead door . I built most of it myself over this summer its dug 9ft into the ground at the back I live on a sloped view lot on an acre . all my neighbors thought it was to store the motorhome lol. I have a 200 amp 208 three phase service brought it from the hiway . right behind my shop is a major hiway so the noise wont be a concern plus both my neighbors have shops so im sure it will be cool . the whole thing had to be engineered as the walls act as retaining walls . there is close to 10,000 pounds of rebar and about 80 cu meters of concrete . its fully insulated with 2x6 walls and at least i would say an r 50 value in the ceiling . a little electric heater keeps the shop toasty even on the coldest days . cool thing about the power i paid upfront for it but after 5 years if i use that same amount in power i get the money back .
            Hi Can you explain how this works as far as the power and you geting your money back
            ' Thanks, Farris
            Gone But Never Forgotten!

Comment

power

Originally posted by dandimand
              yea the power thing for me at first was a no with the city then the hydro company because i had a previous 3 phase account went to bat for me and convinced the city . Like i say dealing with the Bs of the city was the hardest part of doing this I would say .I had to pay for a new pole and the transformers originally they wanted 11 k to do it then they came down in price to 4 k basically you just have to deal with the right ppl and sometimes they can be hard to find . then to my suprise they said if you use 4 k worth of power in the next 5 years you will get your 4 k back . needless to say i leave the electric heat on 24/7 .
              Hi, We use about $2,000 worth of electric just in our home per year so using 4,000 would be easy for me ..we would use about $10,00 in 5 years..we are NOt all electric..gas water heater, gas cook stove..the only electric in lights and clothes dryer.
              Thanks, Farris
              Gone But Never Forgotten!

Comment

basically i had to pay for the service and pole transformers etc.. as most times that is hydros responsibility . they basically said in last letter because i paid up front for this stuff if i use at least that amount of power in 5 years then im eligible to get the money refunded . the initial outlay of cash .
                Miller aerowave full feature
                Lincoln power mig 300 with prince gun
                dynasty 200 dx
                lincoln sp 135 plus
                302 trailblazer
                s22p12
                powcon starcut
                cp 400 metal spray

Comment

So, if they would make more on your power rather than the pole installation, they'll give you the pole?

Comment

Working...
                  X