Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for another 'I LOVE MY BWE' thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for another 'I LOVE MY BWE' thread...

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

I finally bit the bullet, and upgraded my Jackson EQC Executive to a Miller BWE, Black.

I can't believe I didn't find an excuse to do it sooner. Well, I suppose the whole going-out-of-business thing for the volunteer travelling work is a good excuse, but still!

This is by the far the finest hood I've ever used. I did use a friend's Optrel once, but it wasn't my style; I personally prefer the differences that the Miller has.

When I first put the thing on, I didn't like it. So I did what I certainly did not WANT to do. I read the manual. After adding the extra comfort band and only two adjustments, taking a total of about five minutes, the thing fit like my favorite Stetson Gun Club hat, and doesn't touch my nose anymore.

Several test flips and walking around the homestead for a few hours looking like a star of a grade C horror flick convinced me somebody got the head gear right.

Cheers to Miller! All it's missing is an autograph...

Speaking of:
    Since my idea about an Andy-autographed helmet being presented to a lucky member went along so well, here's a new idea: How about a Black BWE that Miller ships from senior member to senior member along with a metallic Sharpie and WE all autograph it and present to Andy for use on special occasions?

Nice hat, huh, Mac. Certainly love mine. I constantly forget it's up there, and run into things with it all the time! Get a fitup just perfect, turn my head - BAM -OK, start over...

When I took it out of the box, I wore it into the house to show the bride. The dogs went ballistic!

Hank
    ...from the Gadget Garage
    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
    Handler 210 w/DP3035
    TA185TSW
    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

mac, if taht idea happens i may just mystreriously move to solviet russia

good idea though

Comment

Good on ya, Mac!
        While there is no perfect hood/headgear, the BWE is definitely top notch, IMO. I do like mine. I think I have even gotten used to turning it on...I think. I put a 250w halogen light above my table and when I wonder if it is on or not, I just look at the light. At a distance of four feet or so, it will activate the sensors. Works for me anyway.
        Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
        '06 12RC feeder
        Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
        Esab Multimaster 260
        Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Mac I left my BWE at a job about 250 south of where I live and when I realized what I did I called the guy that ran the plant and told him to just hang on it for me. I said I'll pick it up at the next service call. I was going back in two weeks. (After all I have two xlix's and my old fixed window Jackson that I like so much). Well funny thing when I went back to the Jackson I was all messed up.The first 1/2 of the day when I stopped welding I would wait for the shield to clear. (Oh ya it does'nt do that). And that head flip man I forgot that I needed to do that too. I was like half way retarded. It was like the first time I struck and arc. Well over to the xlix's they were much better. It wasn't the same as my BWE though. It's funny just how easy it is to get used to a good lid. Needless to say on the 3rd day I made the 500 mile round trip to pick up my BWE.
          Congrats on the new lid! I KNOW you like it.
          Merry Christmas
          Bulldog
          Oh ya that's a nice idea.
          5 Passport Pluses
          2 MM 212's
          MM 210
          MM 251 MIA
          MM 350 P w/Python
          Syncrowave 250
          w/ tig runner
          Trailblazer 302
          12RC w/meters
          Spectrum 1000
          Spectrum 2050
          2 Black BWEs
          Joker BWE
          Star & stripe BWE Digital
          2 star & stripe xlix's

REAL TRUCKS RATTLE
          CUMMINS BABY

Comment

Could've had him ship it ups for less than you spent on gas and it would be there the next day.
            Syncrowave 250DX
            Invison 354MP
            XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
            Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
            Smith O/A rig
            And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

My thoughts exactly but you got to it first

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702
                WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

I finally bit the bullet, and upgraded my Jackson EQC Executive to a Miller BWE, Black.

I can't believe I didn't find an excuse to do it sooner. Well, I suppose the whole going-out-of-business thing for the volunteer travelling work is a good excuse, but still!

This is by the far the finest hood I've ever used. I did use a friend's Optrel once, but it wasn't my style; I personally prefer the differences that the Miller has.

When I first put the thing on, I didn't like it. So I did what I certainly did not WANT to do. I read the manual. After adding the extra comfort band and only two adjustments, taking a total of about five minutes, the thing fit like my favorite Stetson Gun Club hat, and doesn't touch my nose anymore.

Several test flips and walking around the homestead for a few hours looking like a star of a grade C horror flick convinced me somebody got the head gear right.

Cheers to Miller! All it's missing is an autograph...<snip>
                Mac,

Oh Yeah, but does it work when you strike an arc seriously, break out that new STH and set the amperage to about 25 and tell me how it works? I am thinking I need one as a backup for my Optrel but the minimum #9 shade is keeping me away so far. BTW, you will want to know that your $ went to a good cause, my 14 year old daughter got her braces installed this morning and it almost made the down payment .
                Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
                Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
                Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
                Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Hey George,
                  I was helping my son build a space capsule today and the frame is made out of 1/16" welding wire. Well I tigged it up and I started out at 3 amps. That's the lowest setting on my Syncro. I wound up at 7 amps. The BWE worked perfectly. I even had to use my cheater lens and my mag glasses . I sure love my BWE.
                  Bulldog
                  5 Passport Pluses
                  2 MM 212's
                  MM 210
                  MM 251 MIA
                  MM 350 P w/Python
                  Syncrowave 250
                  w/ tig runner
                  Trailblazer 302
                  12RC w/meters
                  Spectrum 1000
                  Spectrum 2050
                  2 Black BWEs
                  Joker BWE
                  2 star & stripe xlix's

REAL TRUCKS RATTLE
                  CUMMINS BABY

Comment

Jim/Fish,
                    Your both correct of course, but I wouldn't want to ask my customer to fix my mistake and It's always good to make a personal appearance. You'd be surprised how happy people at a redi mix plant are to see you on the coldest day of the season so far. (Everything is frozen and I got torches )
                    Bulldog
                    5 Passport Pluses
                    2 MM 212's
                    MM 210
                    MM 251 MIA
                    MM 350 P w/Python
                    Syncrowave 250
                    w/ tig runner
                    Trailblazer 302
                    12RC w/meters
                    Spectrum 1000
                    Spectrum 2050
                    2 Black BWEs
                    Joker BWE
                    2 star & stripe xlix's

REAL TRUCKS RATTLE
                    CUMMINS BABY

Comment

Bwe

Hello to all & marry Xmas! I have used a LXI for a number of years now & I loved it. How could you get any better then this? Well,they bought a BWE at work so I used it one day. I knew instantly this was going to cost me.A week later brown pulled up with my NEW love.
                      Very good choise Mac.

gregg

Comment

Count me in on the &quot;BWE&quot;

Seems like as I get older little things tend to p*** me off After 30 years of doing battle w/ my @#%*&! Jackson I bought a BWE about a month ago. Money well spent and welding is so much easier now and a pleasure once again. Using the BWE is like your just wearing a ball cap instead of a full sized welding helmet. Of course the first time I used it and it didn't get dark I thought I had bought a lemon I had forgot to turn it on

New to the Miller Motorsports Forum
                        From the Cold and Very Dry Flatlands of Texas,
                        danny
                        Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
                        Hobart Airforce 400 Plasma Cutter

Miller Elite Auto-Darkening Helmet
                        Keep smilin' and make the world wonder what you've been up to!

Comment

Welcome Steel Butcher!

I take it you're not into fine metal art

A-

Comment

I love my BWE and wouldn't trade it for the world!

Comment

For those of us who wear tri-focals the BWE with its large viewing area is ideal. Like others have said it is a very comfortable helmet. I had trouble with the friction knobs early on but Miller sent a repair kit and problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                              X