No announcement yet.

Rig Problems Still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can always look for a used Ford with a 7.3L Powerstroke cause they are the most durable small truck diesel engines. They seem to last forever if you do regular matinance on them.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperScout View Post
      You can always look for a used Ford with a 7.3L Powerstroke cause they are the most durable small truck diesel engines. They seem to last forever if you do regular matinance on them.
      I don`t care who you are thats funny!

Comment

I liked the 7.3's I had.

I would rather have a 650 than a 550. That way I could get the tranny and engine I wanted vs. what Ford wanted to put in it. Get a 650 with a med Cummins or even CAT, a Road Ranger trans and 4:10 rear.....very nice. I would have done that this time, but with my trailer and stuff, it would push me over to class A. Didn't want to do that. DOT is making their prescence felt more around here. The less attention I attract, the better.
        Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
        '06 12RC feeder
        Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
        Esab Multimaster 260
        Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Originally posted by DDA52 View Post
          Get a 650 with a med Cummins or even CAT,
          Now this is a salesman talking so take it for what it’s worth . I went shopping for motor homes a few weeks ago with my Sister and brother-n-law. I’d say just a little bit over half of them had Cummins in them, the others were CAT. These engines ranged from 300 to 500-HP. Took about 2-minutes for me to get bored at looking at the insides of these motor home . Kind of like shopping for curtains with the wife . Anyway I want to talk engines, what do I care if the stove comes with 2 burners or 3!
          Anyway one salesman was saying the feedback he gets is the CAT is faster off the line but the Cummins pulls harder on the top end. Like I said take it for what it’s worth!

Comment

That could be, Carl. It is all in how you set them up. I run a CAT vs a Cummins every day I have trucks on the road. My CAT will eat my Cummins alive off the block and at top end power. 350 hp CAT vs a 375hp Cummins. It is all in the gears. My 10sp with 4:10 rears vs her 9sp and 3:90 or is it 3:73...something like that. Get them to build it the way you want it and it will be a hotrod. But, with a big motor home, I'd take power over speed any day. Either one would be a good one. CATs will be more expensive, that's all.
            Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
            '06 12RC feeder
            Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
            Esab Multimaster 260
            Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Originally posted by Stick rod View Post
              I don`t care who you are thats funny!
              Originally posted by Coalsmoke View Post
              Hahah, I agree, its great when compared to what? Definitely not the 5.9
              My dads 7.3 has never been in the shop for anything. The only times it hasn't ran is when we stuck a bigger full tank, took the butterfly valve out of the turbo, and stuck a turbo back exhaust. Those are the only times the thing hasn't ran

Comment

now a ball joint

Rig goes into tomorrow for a bad drivers side ball joint with 12,500k mi.At least its not the turbo again,But you,d think ford would wise up and add zerk fitting to there ball joints.
                BB402D
                TB300D
                DIMENSION652
                MM250X
                MAXSTAR140
                S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
                HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

The 6.0's like to eat head gaskets as well........ they use a shim type with no compression ring. This is a fun job as you can't get the back head bolts out with the cab on the truck.......so it gets yanked off the frame. Ford does offer upgraded ones. I worked @ a dealership and over the span of one month in a shop with 8 tech's we did at a minimum of 5 head gasket repairs and allot of the hoses blowing of as well as the oil lines in the intake valley blowing the o rings off.
                  Mike
                  George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
                  Fear is temporary, regret is forever
                  HH210 with SG

Comment

update

All new ball joints up front covered under warranty.
                    BB402D
                    TB300D
                    DIMENSION652
                    MM250X
                    MAXSTAR140
                    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Hey admweld, you need one of these, no warranty issues, no breakdowns, I think I've only bought oil and filters for this the last 5 years. Oh, wait, I forgot, had to replace a couple clearance lights also
                      Attached Files

Comment

needs a little makeup

The insurance and registration fees on that size rig would kill me out here in mass.But that is a nice ride calweld,you need to spend a saturday with a little paint and clean her up a bit.
                        BB402D
                        TB300D
                        DIMENSION652
                        MM250X
                        MAXSTAR140
                        HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Chrome won't get you home
                          Jeff

Comment

We're poets now?????

Comment

Originally posted by J hall View Post
                              Chrome won't get you home
                              Who said chrome? How about try a little paint.
                              BB402D
                              TB300D
                              DIMENSION652
                              MM250X
                              MAXSTAR140
                              HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

It's got chrome stacks!!

I like primer red, easy to match anytime I make changes, also I can write notes - measurements, phone numbers, etc. with soapstone on it easily

Actually, I'm kind of a "no frills" kinda guy . . . I let the other guys look good, I just go get the job done.

Comment

Working...
                                X