No announcement yet.

Rig Problems Still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if you start having trouble blowing the intercooler hose off this is what I did. I’ve heard of guys blowing holes in the stock hoses also . I replaced them with 2 x the thickness aftermarket hoses, and used CAT glue, to glue the hoses to the turbo, and hard line. Hasn’t come off since, and I have seen as high as 34-pounds of boost!
    Attached Files

Comment

6.0 or 7.3?

Pilebuke What year 7.3 is that?my oil filter is under the motor notice yours up top like my 6.0 or is that a 6.0 in your photo?
      BB402D
      TB300D
      DIMENSION652
      MM250X
      MAXSTAR140
      S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
      HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Yeah that’s my 2004 F-550 with the 6.0 PSD

Comment

you should think about a banks kit or something of the sort, gets better fuel mileage and helps a tiny bit with emissions, but the biggest thing is power and tons of it

Comment

Originally posted by Coalsmoke
            preferably do not glue on the IC boots, the flexing can tear the boot where glued. Instead use T-Bar clamps.
            So with that thought process the clamp would tear the hose also right?

1st picture is the difference between Ford’s clamp and aftermarket
            2nd picture is aftermarket hoses.
            Attached Files

Comment

Well Caterpillar equipment uses it when assembling all their diesel engines. Good enough for CAT, should be good enough for International, don’t cha think?

Comment

Originally posted by Pile Buck
                Well Caterpillar equipment uses it when assembling all their diesel engines. Good enough for CAT, should be good enough for International, don’t cha think?
                Just cause it`s got CATs name on it don`t think it`s the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick rod
                  Just cause it`s got CATs name on it don`t think it`s the best.

AMEN brother!
                  Zeb's Welding and Machine

Comment

but I wonder if it is maybe a silcone based sealant and not an actual glue.
                    Actually I think that’s exactly what it is. I went out to the shop and got a can. It says cement right on the label. I have a friend who is a heavy equipment mechanic for 40-years now; he is the one who recommended this. I ordered it from NC Machinery in Seattle.

The first time this hose blew off I was going over Snoquaimie pass pulling a horse trailer. It came off 6-times that trip. When I got home, I took it to the local Ford dealer. “Oh yeah we see this all the time”. Came off a few more times. Did some research, asked some questions on a truck forum. I was directed to these guys. Called them up, guy says “we talk to 3 to 4 people a week about this issue”. “Ford uses the wrong size clamps, they bottom out before they’re tight”. Ordered new hoses and clamps from them. Installed everything with the CAT “cement” no more problems, been on there about 20-months. The way I see things, if Ford can’t do it, then I guess I have to.
                    http://www.turbohoses.com/Clamp.htm

“Just cause it’s got CATs name on it don’t think it’s the best”.

Well everybody is entitled to their opinion. In my opinion I’ll take CAT’s name over Ford’s any day of the week!
                    Attached Files

Comment

CAT Green cement is one of the best things to have in your shop. Nothing else even comes close.
                      Jeff

Comment

now time to put a set of twins under the hood

Me, I've got to go enquire about getting a can of that glue. Looks like it would be dandy for gasket jobs.
                        Aren’t twin screws coming out in 2007?

If you do buy that CAT cement, hopefully you can read better than I can
                        You glue both pieces, and let them dry to the touch before placing them together, WTF! I read that, went in one ear and out the other, buddy chewed my azz for that move.

Comment

my buddy who went to school for diesel tech and the jonhdeere program knows a crapload about diesels, and he told me that fords changin motors again to something like 6.7 L, maybe thats with twin turbos, bc its gonna have like 400 horse and 700lb ft or torque

just my two cents

Comment

Me, I've got to go enquire about getting a can of that glue. Looks like it would be dandy for gasket jobs.
                            Whatever you do, Don't use it on both sides of the gasket!
                            The trick to green cement is to glue the gasket to the part that comes off, Then use red on the other side of the gasket. That way, you aren't trying to get chunks of gasket off something that is hard to reach.
                            Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by J hall
                              Whatever you do, Don't use it on both sides of the gasket!
                              The trick to green cement is to glue the gasket to the part that comes off, Then use red on the other side of the gasket. That way, you aren't trying to get chunks of gasket off something that is hard to reach.
                              I can add a big AMEN! to that! Trying to scrape residue off while reaching a little farther than you can, & trying to keep from dropping any crap into something important, can be a real PITA!
                              Syncrowave 180 SD
                              MM185 with 3035 Spool gun
                              1971 Roughneck 1e
                              Stars-n-Stripes BWE
                              Optrel Satellite OSE
                              ESAB 875 Plasma Torch
                              Lincoln 200SA Diesel
                              O/A Set
                              Century 250A/C-D/C BuzzBox
                              1.5 kVA Spot Welder
                              Phoenix Electrode Conditioning Oven

Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
                              My own shop since 1981

Cya Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Pile Buck

“Just cause it’s got CATs name on it don’t think it’s the best”.

Well everybody is entitled to their opinion. In my opinion I’ll take CAT’s name over Ford’s any day of the week!
                                That statement I`ll agree to any day.Not a Ford man.

Comment

Working...
                                X