No announcement yet.

Rig Problems Still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALL SET WITH A GAS HEMI ITS A POWER STROKE OR ANOTHER TYPE OF DIESEL NO GASSERS HERE
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

i agree with ya there, ive got an old 91 non turbo IDI 7.3
      love it, it just needs a turbo

bc right now its just a cool sounding gas motor ,

1991 450 dually flatbed 7.3 diesel, great truck lol

sorry just felt like sayin that

Comment

I know, I wouldn't go with anything but diesel for a rig but I'm just saying that HEMI's have a lot more power than a Ford or Chevy of that size. The new trucks do not have the half cylinder stuff. At least not up the 2005's but I do not believe the 06's have it either.
        When in doubt Weld It

Comment

klugger you are correct about the new hemis they dont have that four cylinder crap,

but id like to point out the new 3 valve head v10s make 475lb of torque and the hemi 330

and even the 5.4 v8 makes 365lb. of torque, but the hemi makes 330,

sorry not to hijack the post, and not tryin to bash dodge just pointin things out lol

Comment

Yes but I would still take a cummins over a power stroke any day. i've heard nothing but bad things with the power stroke.
            When in doubt Weld It

Comment

My F- 550 Ford is at the dealership now having my air bag clock spring repaired and the ABS rearend sensor replaced. While I was talking to the mechanic he told me to stay away from the 6.0 litre diesels because they have had a problem with relibility, and told me to keep my 7.3 diesels that I have in two of my trucks.
              I dont understand why they have to fix what isnt broken, just work out the bugs on what you've already had good success with the 7.3 diesel.

Comment

i have had a couple 7.3 powerstrokes and like them a lot. my last one had alot of performance upgrades and ran great. but i would not buy a 6.0, to many problems, i would get a duramax, the cummins is a great motor, but i would never drive a dodge.

Comment

trucks back

Trucks back, all seems good but only drove couple of miles will see how long she runs good now.
                  BB402D
                  TB300D
                  DIMENSION652
                  MM250X
                  MAXSTAR140
                  HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

How many over the road trucks have V configured diesels?They have all tried it and end up going back to the inline.Ought to tell you something right there.

Comment

coalsmoke

Put on a upgraded turbo which others are telling me is the 05/06 turbo my truckis a 04 all seems good though cros your fingers for me coalsmoke this has been a bad nitemare.
                      BB402D
                      TB300D
                      DIMENSION652
                      MM250X
                      MAXSTAR140
                      HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Well, I don't think anybody builds a perfect motor-a friend of mine has an 06 F-650 with the 5.9 Cummins in it, and it left him on the side of the road last night with a turbo problem. Not that I have anything against the Cummins, as it may very well be a better engine than the Powerstroke in the long run.
                        We have a Freightliner propane truck with the 5.9 and it has given better service than the small Cats in our other trucks. But, we also have a 1996 F-250 with almost 300,000 on a Powerstroke that has not given any major trouble. Maybe getting a good truck and engine is about as much luck as anything else?

Comment

I have a 2004 F-550 w/ the 6.0. I’ve learned a lot from different truck forums. I understand the reason for the 6.0 was the EPA stopped Ford dead in their tracks from building the 7.3.

I have also done a little research as to have a Cummins installed in my truck. There are a few places who do this. My truck will be 2-years old end of April, but I only have 7,000 miles on it. In the back of my mind I have plan B. I’ll have that POS 6.0 jerked out and a Motor home class Cummins with maybe a Suncoast transmission installed if need be.

http://www.cumminsstuff.com/conversion.htm

http://www.everytime.cummins.com/eve...ons/motor.jsp#

http://www.gmdieseltech.com/store2/c...ategory_id=283

Comment

PILEBUCK,ford went to the6.0 to meet the new TIER/ 2 emission regulations the 7.3 was too dirty of a motor and would never pass to much particulate matter huffing out the exaust.
                            BB402D
                            TB300D
                            DIMENSION652
                            MM250X
                            MAXSTAR140
                            HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Originally posted by admweld
                              PILEBUCK,ford went to the6.0 to meet the new TIER/ 2 emission regulations the 7.3 was too dirty of a motor and would never pass to much particulate matter huffing out the exaust.
                              Yeah lucky us!

So I guess all this oil form the hot side of my intercooler hose that’s blown all under my hood is environmental acceptable .

Comment

PILEBUCK,dont say that ,that i,ll be my next problem .I agree the 7.3 in my 99 pu is a better motor w/112k and minimal problems.and i have run this truck hard.
                                BB402D
                                TB300D
                                DIMENSION652
                                MM250X
                                MAXSTAR140
                                HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Working...
                                X