Rig Problems Still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pile Buck
    Yeah, just got that couple months ago. Join that diesel stop forum; I learned all kinds of things there. Be careful tho, that’s one over moderated site, and they seem to change the rules on the fly
    PIle Buck---see you are from Western Washington. that ain't far from Rainier, OR. You see Washington State is the part of the Oregon territory
    that didn't qualify for statehood.
    rvannatta
    www.vannattabros.com
    Miller Bobcat 225G
    Miller Big 40 ('79 gasser)<gone>
    Miller 375 Plasma cutter<gone>
    Lincoln Vantage 400
    Lincoln Pro-Cut 80

Comment

Originally posted by Pile Buck
      I can hit 30 to 34 pounds of boost coming over the pass from eastern Washington to Seattle with 4-tons of hay on the bed.
      I'm not normally a hijacker, but Pile, do you take Chinook Pass and then go through Enumclaw?

Comment

Originally posted by Rvannatta
        PIle Buck---see you are from Western Washington. that ain't far from Rainier, OR. You see Washington State is the part of the Oregon territory
        that didn't qualify for statehood.
        Hi Rvannatta, That was just a tad bit before my time . Rainier Oregon, I spent a few months there building the US Gypsum dock out in that creek. What’s the creek called again ?

MAC I go out hwy 18 to I-90. I get hay in Ellensburg and Cle Elum. Snoquaimie pass is bad enough, but at least there are some spots that level out. Now Tiger Mountain summit is a whole other problem, when you turn off I-90, if you hit that next stop light, you better put your foot in it to make the summit, it’s one long hard pull. Then it never fails when you cross hwy 167 there is always some women with 14-kids in her SUV that has been shopping at the Super Mall! She pulls onto hwy 18 heading towards I-5, and she jumps in the fast lane but will only do 40-mph . Well that section between hwy 167 and I-5 is really steep. Luckily it’s a pretty short climb. If I can keep my speed up before any of these climbs I can generally do 65 to 70-mph up any of these mountains with 3 ½ to 4-tons on the truck My buddy has a 2000 Dodge with the Cummins, up until I got creative with my EGR I could never catch him with 4-tons of hay on his trailer. Now I push him up the mountains. He’s talking about a new truck! Some people are so competitive!

Comment

WELL THE TRUCK WILL BARLY GO 65MPH AND BLOWING BLACK SMOKE LIKE MAD.They told me a new turbo was beening realeased on the 17 of this month but still no luck they said they did not receive them yet i,m ready to lose my patients with the dealer out here i,m dealing with.
          BB402D
          TB300D
          DIMENSION652
          MM250X
          MAXSTAR140
          S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
          HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Ford truck+ Cummins, or international straight six+ allison/ 6 speed= diesel bliss

dont need any of those cummins, for the money you pay for a cummins you can get either a freightliner business class with a merc, or cat for the same money,

and supposedly ford is gonna put cummins and international striaght six diesels in thier trucks in either '07 or '14

just my 2 cents, and yes i agree the 6.0 arent good, if youre really pissed go find an older 7.3

Comment

Good Lord...Allison?? Barf! Allison does not make a tranny heavy enough for me. Every one I had was junk. Give me a Road Ranger anyday.

I am very happy with my Dodge Cummins. I did the Ford thing all my life and this Dodge has put all to shame. If I had to have a Ford, I would get the heavy duty ones with either a Cummins or CAT. I was very sad to see what they did to the Powerstroke. Dumb move to be sure. I liked the original PWSTK. I had three of them. They were good engines.

Don't ever give me a Mercedes. They are way too small for the price. Plus getting parts and service for them in the boonies is a pain.

I have been hearing the Ford engine rumors for a loooonnnng time. I'll believe it when I see it.
              Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
              '06 12RC feeder
              Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
              Esab Multimaster 260
              Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

guys, if i only new this 6.0 psd was such a hunk of JUNK i would have gone f-650 w/cat engine or cummins.been hangin outat dieselstop.com forum and lots of unhappy 6.0 power stroke owners there.
                BB402D
                TB300D
                DIMENSION652
                MM250X
                MAXSTAR140
                HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

i agree cummins is one **** of a motor , but you can get a bigger truck and motor for close to the same price as a dodge, i wouldnt necessarily go with a f650 or 750 but and international or frieghtliner, or even a mack or a pete,

i frankly wouldnt buy a merc either, i like american stuff much more,

and if you plan on runnin a diesel for along time buy a cummins theyre sleeved, and cats arent, but still both very good engines

Comment

The best move I ever made was to buy the Cummins powered truck. My only complaint is the really cruddy Mexican paint job that chips if you look at it wrong . The engine will last much longer than the truck, that is for sure.
                    Good luck with you problem & I would be looking into the lemon law buyback. Three major failures and it goes back to them. Check it out, it sounds like you qualify,
                    Laurence

Comment

goes in tommorow to dealer

Talked to dealer today new turbo upgraded they say too fix this issue is in will drop the truck off in the morning please pray this fixes my rig i still am keeping good faith will see i,l let you guys know how i make out.
                      BB402D
                      TB300D
                      DIMENSION652
                      MM250X
                      MAXSTAR140
                      HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Sounds like you should just go buy a Dodge. Would probably save you money in the long run with all this down time.
                        When in doubt Weld It

Comment

Diehard Ford Guy Sorry

cummins is a awesome motor but i,m a diehard ford guy this is my 6th diesel ford and this one has the most problems wouldn,t it figure.
                          BB402D
                          TB300D
                          DIMENSION652
                          MM250X
                          MAXSTAR140
                          HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Yeah I'm Die Hard Dodge. Let me tell you though those HEMI's have power!
                            When in doubt Weld It

Comment

Very true...
                              When in doubt Weld It

Comment

not to bash the hemi , but i think dodge is a sell out, they made one engine that is ok and put it in every vehicle they make practically, yeah its good but the new 3 valve v10s from ford make more power,

and i think the new new dodges have that half cylinder stuff, when cruising, itll shut down 4 of em, id take a hemi, but not with that stuff, i buy a truck for power lol

Comment

Working...
                                X