oh my bad

Leave a comment:

• GTA/SPEC
    replied
    He was just using the material to learn the DC process

Leave a comment:

• df5152
    replied
    seems to me that that machine should be able weld 1/4" aluminum without helium...

Leave a comment:

• GTA/SPEC
    replied
    No problem Pete

Leave a comment:

• My thanks to Hawk & GTA/Spec& Engloid and everyone else

I have been at most a weekend welder mostly just playing around in our garage in my spare time, but as far as my wife is concerned working for the past 20 years fixing stuff for us and friends. After reading a few posts on this forum by some folks that are obiviously in a different Timezone as far as knowledge compared to me, at least. I went to my local welding supply today and picked up a small 80 cf tank of uhp helium and tried dcsp on some 6061 .250 angle. In the past Iv'e tried this procees a couple of times and failed bigtime with straight argon, but with Helium thats a whole different program. I used a Dynasty 300DX, setup on the regulator was 30cfm, that was as high as my regulator goes up to, Amps. set at 150. It is more difficult to see the puddle start but once it does things seemed to happen pretty quick. I took both Hawks and GTA/Spec suggetions on settings and cleaning to get me in the ballpark. "GTA/Spec that Mag cleaner works great, sure wouldn't want to use it on regular clear coated alum. wheels, Hawk I see what you mean about dab, dab, dab, 1/8 rod is a given. I only had time to do a couple of coupons, first one didn't have enough penetration but the second one was good. It had just as much penetration as the bead height, and sounded close to a gmaw spray arc when doing alum. And did I say Quick " Oh Baby" I know that I still have much to learn "Like in tell the the I die" Just wanted to thank everyone on this and the Hobart forum for all the great information, you guy's ROCK.

Happy Holiday's

Pete Kossaras
Working...
X