• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by frank865
    Hey Sundown
    Looks GOOD! I hope mine turns out somewhere near that nice!
    I've got all my parts gathered..Maybe I can get it put together after Christmas...
    I will be looking for pictures for sure

Leave a comment:

• frank865
    replied
    Hey Sundown
    Looks GOOD! I hope mine turns out somewhere near that nice!
    I've got all my parts gathered..Maybe I can get it put together after Christmas...

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    For you who like detail I re-did the return lines so that the water will run from bottom to top and then dump into the tank. In order to make the curve from the second to the third line I had to make a copper tube sleeve and fit it into the tubing so that it would not collapse with the sharp turn. Here's what it looks like now.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by CarmenElectrode
    Hey Sundown... we sell tig torches too! We coulda got you a good deal on a Weldcraft!

Just curious... what attracted you to the CK torch?
    I have three of their torches already, very nice quality and I esp. like the safe loc dinse, and the super-flex lines.....weldcraft stuff is very nice and I do use their consumables. Besides the same thing in a weldcraft from you would cost me about $30 more and I don't like the weldcraft Q5W side water return dinse adapter.....nothing wrong with it I guess, just personal opinion.....anyway you asked.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    George:

WAY COOL, looks like a production run might be in order. Can you say EBAY and DOLLARS!

Now time to weld some.

Leave a comment:

• CarmenElectrode
    replied
    Originally posted by Sundown
    The Tig torch cooler is finally done. I don’t know how good it works yet as I have been trying to order a CK20 for a few days now from Tig Depot
    Hey Sundown... we sell tig torches too! We coulda got you a good deal on a Weldcraft!

Just curious... what attracted you to the CK torch?

Leave a comment:

• tigman250
    replied
    looks very profesional, nice job!

Leave a comment:

• Fishy Jim
    replied
    I got some stainless sheet and will have to rivet it on because I don't have a nifty brake yet. You can blame the paint on weather all you want. I had some engine enamel flake right off because it was too cold when I applied it. Me and the customer were less than thrilled - so I know your pain.

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by KB Fabrications
    George,
    That looks fantastic. Well done!
    Thanks kevin, I painted the wrapper with exoxy paint and got a few flaws, I need to wait a week before sanding them out so I can recoat it, it hate cold weather and will blame the flaws on that.

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by jud
    George,

Can you give us a parts list? I would hate to pay big money for a cooler when I could make one, but don't know where to start.
    I will do that in a week or so, since I purchased some, stole some (from my wife), had some, your milage will very.

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott V
    George,
    did you know that Benard sells their cool filler plug separate.
    Nice job!! Where did you get your pan, restaurant supply store?
    Acually I stole the bottom from my wifes old (1970's) turkey roaster. The top is the bright metal one in the early pictures, it's heavy weight anizodized aluminum. I ended up using the bottom because it seems to be coated with something that seems to be industructable, plus it has built in handles.

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by RadMan
    Very nice, George, to heck with a coolmate, I want a genuine Georgemate!

btw, what was the cost?
    Not quite sure yet as I got carried away, I will have a parts list with cost up later.

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by Pile Buck
    WOW George! Man you do nice work. I also built my water tank for my Gold Star, but seeing yours I think I’ll go out to the shop jerk it off the back of the machine, and run over it with the tractor. Twice now in the last twenty years I’ve blown up the water lines in my torch, because I forgot to turn on the pump
    Thanks for the comments, twice in 20 years, not a bad average if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• KB Fabrications
    replied
    George,
    That looks fantastic. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• jud
    replied
    Parts?

George,

Can you give us a parts list? I would hate to pay big money for a cooler when I could make one, but don't know where to start.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X