Sold MM Trailblazer 280nt today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold MM Trailblazer 280nt today

Machine had only 63 hrs on it and was about 6 years old. Just did not need the mobile capacity.
    Sold to a young welder for $1800.
    Still have the mm 135/172/Vintage and Synchro 250 for shop work.

Was glad to give this young fella what I thought was a great deal.
    What do you think about the price on this machine??

I will buy the MM302 if I decide to go mobile.

John1

thats a good deal but what is a mm302 you mean tb302 i think?
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

YEP

The 302gas trailblazer or the diesel.

Are the features on the new trailblazers that much better??

Thanks
      John1

Think I was too cheap on my sale??

Comment

Sounds like a fair deal for these parts. I wouldn't pay more than that around here as the 280 is dated and you never know how those first 60 hours were put on it. The features are not "make or break" features, but they are things that if used often or daily, would make life more enjoyable.
        hre

Comment

my opinion on tb

the trailblazers a great unit way better than a bobcat imo.
          BB402D
          TB300D
          DIMENSION652
          MM250X
          MAXSTAR140
          HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Originally posted by admweld
            the trailblazers a great unit way better than a bobcat imo.
            Yup, but IIRC, the 280 was not a bobcat, so there will be a noticable difference in arc, but not as drastic as if you were moving up from a bobcat.
            hre

Comment

good point coalsmoke i was thinking he was jumping from the bobcat up to a tb
              BB402D
              TB300D
              DIMENSION652
              MM250X
              MAXSTAR140
              HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

The four years I spent with a company as their mobile guy, I had an old beat to heck and back 280 on the truck, and it did everything I asked of it. even started most mornings That said, I was still blown away when I striked my first arc with the 302. It made me go WOW, this machine is smooth. BTW, admweld,how do you like the 402? I had an opportunity to buy a 400 for about 40% off new price, it was used but ok, but the weight scared me away, I wasn't too crazy about the lack of auxiliary power and no AC. But, I still find myself wondering, with heavy equipment planned for the main theatre of my business, will I be missing the 500amp capabilities, or at least the 400amps at 100%dc? Figured you'd be the one to ask as I figure our work is in similar lines.
                hre

Comment

at $7500 w/ 160hrs now 300hrs I,m lovin that 402D coalsmoke,when i load up some 3/8 carbon it, s a good feeling to no you got 600 amps behind ya. but the 300 does sit proudly next to it as that machine has brought me along way and i don,t have the heart to sell it kinda know i would miss it if i did so for now its on the deck with the BB402D
                  BB402D
                  TB300D
                  DIMENSION652
                  MM250X
                  MAXSTAR140
                  HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

yeah, that's what was crossing my mind. The one thing that does ofset it for me is the piece of mind of having 3 years of warrenty with a new smaller machine, but I know I'm going to lose some work having only 280amps. You can only lay so fast with 3/16 7018, and when you need to fill a 1" deep bevel, 50" long. Almost gives me nightmares thinking about doing it with 1/8, but I guess if the customer pays and doesn't say anything, all is good (providing I get called back for other work). Do you charge differently if you're running the 402 as opposed to the 300? Or, do you find that for the big jobs you are just expected to have the 402 or not do the job?
                    hre

Comment

Working...
                    X